Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3077262 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13515 on: April 10, 2013, 09:00:57 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:03:59 pm by Ogdibus »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: April 10, 2013, 09:08:20 pm »

Should those japanese/french collaborations that show up every few years go in this thread or the western animation thread?

Are you thinking of MCoG 2012?

Nope, some upcoming magical girl show my cousin has been hyped for lately. Actually looks kinda mediocre to me, but I got curious about the question I asked.

EDIT:Well not mediocre, but didn't really very special is what I meant. But then again as I type this sentence I'm starting change my mind in a positive direction.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:33:57 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: April 10, 2013, 09:28:35 pm »

Is it Ladybug by any chance??

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13518 on: April 10, 2013, 09:28:56 pm »

Yep
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13519 on: April 11, 2013, 12:00:40 am »

Should those japanese/french collaborations that show up every few years go in this thread or the western animation thread?

oh, crap! I just found Macross 2012, too.

Still not over Haruka/Michiru.

This is making my head spin. x3
SPEAK QUICKLY PEASANT I MUST KNOW MOAR!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13520 on: April 11, 2013, 12:14:11 am »

oh, crap! I just found Macross 2012, too.

Still not over Haruka/Michiru.

This is making my head spin. x3
SPEAK QUICKLY PEASANT I MUST KNOW MOAR!!!

All I could dig up were a few celebrations of the 30th anniversary and a brief quote that suggested that there may be attention on how to go about making a remake of SDFM.

While getting his autograph, I managed to ask his opinion of a remake of the original Macross. Now, keep in mind that this wasn’t as simple as asking him whether he wanted a remake to be done or not because I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have answered. As it was he protested that he was merely a character designer and couldn’t comment on any goings ons behind the scenes or whether or not new anime was actually in the works. HTat being the case, I had to hedge the question in a different manner – With the current trend of remaking classic mecha anime (Yamato 2199, Gundam The Origin). in his personal opinion, keeping his work on Macross The First in mind, IF the original Macross were to be remade, what would he personally like to see changed or fleshed out?

Mikimoto’s answer was as surprising as it was simple and, in retrospect, should have been expected – he wanted to expand on the love triangle. This was because he felt the Misa-Hikaru-Minmay relationship had ceased to be a love triangle a good two thirds of the way through the story despite the fact that Hikaru didn’t actively choose one woman over the other outright until the final episode. He had more or less drifted towards Misa because Minmay wasn’t around as much. Therefore he would like to see Minmay kept in the picture somehow to keep the love triangle going and then reach a conclusive, convincing end.

http://www.macrossworld.com/1483/first-hints-of-macross-30th-anniversary-details-emerge/

So nothing substantial. Of course, I'd love to see modern MAH-KUH-ROS.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13521 on: April 11, 2013, 12:21:10 am »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13522 on: April 11, 2013, 02:32:28 am »

There's a Macross 2012 fan video is that what you were talking about?? ... it at least gives an idea what a remake could look like ... Pretty certain this isn't anything official.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13523 on: April 12, 2013, 06:58:55 am »

Angel Beats, full of wtf at the end.  I don't particularly... agree with how things end.
Hopefully, the Angel Beats Visual Novel they're working on will fill out all those loose threads as well as expand all the good stuff.

HOLY SHIT YOUTUBE YOU GAVE ME P3
Nifty huh? Still find it amusing how the MC's all "Huh, atmosphere tuned all quiet, blood stained & creepy with coffins everywhere. Oh well, got to get to my new dorm!" Heh, he was never normal from the get go.

The Shingeki no Kyojin started out well enough...the OP was visually awesome too. Though manga followers would know all to well what would happen to all those jumping swordsmen as cool looking as they were. Devil Survivor 2 The Animation is also looking pretty nice.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13524 on: April 12, 2013, 09:37:12 am »

Angel Beats, full of wtf at the end.  I don't particularly... agree with how things end.
Hopefully, the Angel Beats Visual Novel they're working on will fill out all those loose threads as well as expand all the good stuff.

That's going to be a thing? All right, clarification get!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13525 on: April 12, 2013, 09:53:55 am »

I'm not usually one for anime (not for some years, anyway) but I recently started Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) and suddenly I think I love it again. It's brilliant so far, I hope it doesn't get worse. :D
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13526 on: April 12, 2013, 09:55:53 am »

Where do you guys normally go to keep up with current season shows? Normally I marathon finished series / seasons but I'd like to start staying up to date with new stuff now.

nyaa.eu or tokyotoshokan
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:58:10 am by aenri »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13527 on: April 12, 2013, 02:34:30 pm »

I don't usually watch anime, but I was linked to this and I think its pretty good.

Death Billiards
Part 1
Part 2
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13528 on: April 12, 2013, 02:43:52 pm »

Careful with the links guys. As per the forum rules:
Quote from: Toady One
If you post links to illegal material (files that are being illegally distributed, ie unsanctioned commercial game/music torrents/downloads, etc.) or post illegal images (or images that would have been behind 18+ warnings, etc.), you will be banned.  Don't ask for links or otherwise ask to be directed to places where you can download/obtain things like that either, even if the situation is somewhat more lax in your locality.
Since a fair amount of anime is copyright in America, try to keep actual linking to a minimum or use PM's to send them.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13529 on: April 13, 2013, 11:48:31 pm »

Shingeki no Kyojin The Eotena Onslaught is totally AOTY2013 for me right now.  Not surprising!!

Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 2193