Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074884 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13095 on: January 03, 2013, 09:51:29 pm »

Yoshino looks like several other anime characters.
Anime characters looking similar to each other??  Hold the front page!

I am almost finished with even wanting to watch anymore episodes of Ouran Host Club.
Then don't watch anymore episodes of Ouran Host Club!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: January 03, 2013, 09:55:43 pm »

I feel like if you start an anime you are obligated to finish watching it so long as you can still stand it.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13097 on: January 03, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »

You really aren't.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13098 on: January 03, 2013, 10:15:00 pm »

You really aren't.

But then someone will go "You didn't at least get to the ending? How do you know you don't like it if you didn't watch the whole thing?"

Though really the only reason I have is that I really dislike leaving an anime or show without finishing it and I REALLY don't know if Ouran will go anywhere.

I mean Excell Saga actually went places and built on things that happened every episode. Even the Bowling episode what was intentionally boring added to the continuity.

At the same time Yakkate Japan! (yeah the "!" is part of the title) actually went somewhere in the show and actually reversed on itself and took back all character development, motivations, and plotlines.

I mean it could potentially have a arc that actually does everything I want it to. Finish up the plotlines, character development, as well as being genuinly heart felt and triumphant.

It probably won't because it is an anime that revels in being entirely pointless and stupid and makes fun of the fact that the anime is shallow, steriotypical, and having nothing more then an excuse plot. Yet it COULD... It probably won't... but it could. Dang it I want to know how it ends!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:25:15 pm by Neonivek »

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: January 04, 2013, 02:15:42 am »

I'm debating on whether or not I should buy Magical Witch Girl Punie-chan after reading several chapters of [REDACTED] and thus having had yandere and yangire characters ruined by the Japanese doujinshi circle called OYSTER. On one hand it pokes fun at the magical girl genre and every character in the anime is a yangire character, but on the other hand after having read a certain doujinshi by the afformentioned doujinshi circle thanks to Desuchan's /yan/ and a Google Reverse Image Search I am still wondering if I can ever look at a yandere or yangire character the same way again.

I'm not certain if I want to spend $12.99 on Magical Witch Girl Punie-chan just to see if yangire and yandere characters are truly ruined for me. Then again I'm the guy that plays through Saya no Uta once a year, watched the Let's Play of Daemonophobia, and lurked on Gurochan for close to two years all at the same time. I'm pretty certain I can handle a yangire anime where all of the characters are yangire. At least I think I am certain I can handle it.

I think I will just buy a new pair of Skullcandy headphones next week and leave it at that. Maybe after my mother's birthday I could get myself that anime...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: January 04, 2013, 03:12:53 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:32:35 pm by Toady One »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: January 04, 2013, 04:54:41 pm »

Women in Japan must have replaced their flesh with some sort of foam.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: January 04, 2013, 05:43:27 pm »

Fact: Neonivek has never squeezed a butt.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: January 04, 2013, 05:44:46 pm »

Fact: Neonivek has never squeezed a butt.

That is true, why would I go around goosing people? Ignoring that what he was doing wasn't goosing it was well... a rape scene (Err.. Molestation? hmmm I don't know what you call what he is doing to her)

Though subtle enough that it would be hard to notice.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:46:52 pm by Neonivek »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: January 04, 2013, 05:45:50 pm »

So I tried to get into GuP. But it's just so freaking boring. Two episodes in, they're doing some tanks, but dear god all this other stuff is just completely awkward and feels forced. Don't get me wrong, I can watch slice of life shows, mostly because each has this thing going that makes it unique in some way, GuP tries to have it but it fails. Case in point, city on a ship, why? Because it's cool? Fuck that, it's cool if it's there for a reason, cool for cool's sake doesn't work with plenty of things, especially if you don't even try to handwave it.

So yeah, I'll try and slog trough the few extra episodes I have on hand but unless something seriously crazily awesome happens I doubt I'll continue.

With that in mind, I'd probably be looking for a new anime to fill the now open timeslot. I've had my eye on Code Geass. Anyone see it? Care to reccomment it? How are the giant robots? Lots of whining kids around? Which one should I start with if I do?

Thanks in advance :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: January 04, 2013, 05:57:56 pm »

With that in mind, I'd probably be looking for a new anime to fill the now open timeslot. I've had my eye on Code Geass. Anyone see it?
Hmmm Code Geass?  I guess you could watch that if you wanted to.  I saw it awhile ago and thought it was okay.

EDIT:
Aaah, zapped by the Toady.  I'll have to make better choices with Zetman...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:35:41 pm by ToonyMan »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: January 04, 2013, 05:58:57 pm »

Never heard of it

e: In all seriousness it's enjoyable to watch, I'd give it a go.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:10:42 pm by Leafsnail »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: January 06, 2013, 12:34:07 am »

Finish Nekomonogatari Kuro.

This line from Koyomi sums it up.

"A misfortunate girl simply turns me on,
I just want to relieve my sexual frustration,
All I feel for a cat-eared high school girl in her underwear..
... is lust" - Araragi Koyomi as he holds a sword.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: January 08, 2013, 01:30:57 am »

Finished Ouran and I was right it was basically an ending made so it didn't need to have an ending. I am sure there is another season out there. I think after watching it the author didn't really have anything planned, he/she wanted a setting where anything he/she wanted could have essentially happen and thus it is rather watered down as a result. It kind of feels like a "Slice of Life" Anime in disguise.

Yet I am clearly not the audiance intended and find most of their jokes lackluster (though with a few funny ones here and there).

Though it made me conclude that I just don't like Harems.

There are two main sets of Harems as far as I am concerned there is
-1) One true love Harems: These are where the anime presents a lot of choices but the "right one" or the "True love" is known.
-2) Lots of Love Harems: These are where every candidate is considered acceptible and likely without anyone strongly sticking out as the "True Love"

Now here is the reason I don't like One True Love Harems, it is because they believe they are Lots of Love Harems. They always think that the designated lover is hidden when in fact they are pretty obvious. Now I doubt they truely believe that in fact I know the real cause, it is because Harem animes are all about the fantasy where the audiance is supposed to pick their own favorite and imagine them with the lead. For someone like me who doesn't do this, because I am all about the analysis of what is already there and see patterns for what will be, this means One True Love harems waste a lot of time on romance subplots that ultimately don't go anywhere.

Now not saying that tension between the characters based on their romance of the same character couldn't bring a lot of tension, but here is the thing. It isn't about the tension so it never happens because it is about the fantasy of the characters. Thus whenever the character finally choses, if there is a final choice, everyone will either be accepting, begrudgingly accepting, or absent. It makes romantic subplots weak when you know for a fact they don't go anywhere.

As for Lots of Love Harems my issue is mostly that I find them rather sad. Since unlike One True Love Harems they will really bank a lot into every relationship. This is often why most "Lots of Love Harems" don't actually have an ending to resolve it (Heck one resolved it by having the main character marry ALL of them) or they suddenly cop out and make one of the remaining cast the designated lover anyway. Thus it is just a situation that feels so hopeless for everyone that it brings me down.

---

Also has anyone here watched Bakugon?

I have a question. What happened to all the Bakugon way later in the series on earth?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:14:52 am by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: January 08, 2013, 04:08:17 pm »

Hey Neonivek you should watch Bokurano or Bakuman OR Bokuaganbokuman I heard that's good.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:18:33 pm by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 2193