Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074743 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #13080 on: December 29, 2012, 10:44:54 am »

I've been watching the Persona 4 anime.

The main character is mostly silent like the silent protagonist of the game but the characterization is simply epic. It actually exagerates the humor in the game.

Sadly, the Japanese VA for Igor died so they had to reuse his lines straight from the game. If there is ever a Persona 5 connected to 4, Igor will have to be replaced entirely or get a new VA.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13081 on: December 29, 2012, 10:57:13 am »

I wouldn't describe somebody who gives 30-minute long rants about the finer points of swimsuit contests as silent.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13082 on: December 29, 2012, 04:11:57 pm »

I finished Parasyte.  Yeah that's one of those "you're gonna sleep depressed buddy!" series.  Oh well, I've slept depressed a lot.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13083 on: December 30, 2012, 11:18:05 am »

I tried to watch Steins;Gate ages ago but stopped a few episodes in. Tried again, wow this gets really good, only about half way in but geez.[/spoiler]
Time Travel & the folly of those who try to play God...always entertaining. (There will be an official English version of the VN by JAST I think...but that will take forever as usual)

After finishing it, check out anime adaptation of Robotics;Notes which is currently ongoing (set in the same universe as SG but a few years later, a certain someone also just recently showed up!). Also starts simple & slow but as usual, bits & pieces of info once again gets discovered that will inevitably lead to something larger than life...along with realizations & paranoia.

Finally finished the manga My Girl by SAHARA Mizu, quite endearing, sweet & satisfying. Started with it a long time ago along with YOTSUBA!, Otaku no musume, Usagi Drop, & Aishiteruze Baby...pretty much all of them had the "sudden single father/guardian" theme going on even when they're pretty much different genres. Don't know how I got to that manga phase but hey, I was entertained & pretty much most of them ended nicely enough (Yotsuba's still ongoing though)...except for Otaku no musume w/c felt a bit rushed (but still ok) & Usagi Drop which for me ended while leaving a "bad after taste" (just watch the anime version!).

Also started reading Arpeggio of Blue Steel. Sentient warships & submarines, naval combat & an interesting setting & cast...I'm sold.

I finished Parasyte.  Yeah that's one of those "you're gonna sleep depressed buddy!" series.  Oh well, I've slept depressed a lot.
A friend says that using the CODE:991 (a.k.a. The MuvLuv International Standard Warning Code for "Were so f****d") as a morning alarm also doesn't help (says "they" once slipped in his partially-awake-dream. Amusing but unpleasant.).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13084 on: December 30, 2012, 03:04:33 pm »

The main character is mostly silent like the silent protagonist of the game but the characterization is simply epic. It actually exagerates the humor in the game.

Sadly, the Japanese VA for Igor died so they had to reuse his lines straight from the game. If there is ever a Persona 5 connected to 4, Igor will have to be replaced entirely or get a new VA.

Yeah Japan seems to retire characters rather then get new voice actors out of respect. Even with long runners.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13085 on: December 30, 2012, 04:33:03 pm »

A friend says that using the CODE:991 (a.k.a. The MuvLuv International Standard Warning Code for "Were so f****d") as a morning alarm also doesn't help (says "they" once slipped in his partially-awake-dream. Amusing but unpleasant.).
If I ever heard that alarm sfx in real life I'd probably pass out.

DEFCON 1 ALERT DEFCON 1 ALERT

Yeah Japan seems to retire characters rather then get new voice actors out of respect. Even with long runners.
Well besides Detective Conan.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13086 on: December 30, 2012, 05:59:58 pm »

Probably just a new VA, i know Altus USA would complain since Igor is a recurring element for the Persona series and wouldn't want him to disappear.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13087 on: December 30, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »

It isn't like Igor couldn't be replaced somewhat.

There are characters who can do what Igor does.

Yet Igor just going away would feel weird.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13088 on: December 31, 2012, 12:51:21 pm »

So, I watched the Girls Und Panzer anime, solely from that 'Stalin's Singing Schoolgirls' song that was linked somewhere.

Floating Island/Battleship based communities are pretty awesome in itself... but, it needs a bit more war and stuff for the setting though.

Only in Japan can there be an anime based on schoolgirls maintaining and driving tanks as a prestigious thing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #13089 on: December 31, 2012, 09:54:31 pm »

Well, it's a club about maintaining and driving expensive vehicles. If the vehicles were high-end sports-cars, that would definitely be prestigious.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13090 on: December 31, 2012, 10:36:09 pm »

Maybe lost in translation or I didn't convey the message well enough.  Meant that in that particular anime world, girls driving tanks is a prestigious thing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13091 on: December 31, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »

Well, it's a club about maintaining and driving expensive vehicles. If the vehicles were high-end sports-cars, that would definitely be prestigious.
I drive a mecha, is that prestigious?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13092 on: January 03, 2013, 02:11:09 am »

Awfully quiet in here...

I guess you can blame Kamidori and Persona 3 for wasting my last week.

I did start Rewrite pretty seriously a bit ago though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy shit I'm enjoying a Key game.

I'm also on chapter 30 or something of Zetman?  Since I finished Parasyte I decided to get my SUPER HERO ACTION on and Kouga is pretty cool (I want to say he's like Sky High but that's not perfectly accurate).  Where it's at currently is really strange but the art is around Vinland Saga levels and I can dig it.

...Peace out?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13093 on: January 03, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »

What's the title of that?

I got Kamidori on my laptop and Persona 3 on my PSP and PS3. Maybe I'll get an emulator to play 4 or get a PSVita and play P4 Golden.

Also, HOLY SHIT Nekomonogatari is showing. I'll watch it when all of it is online, both white and black.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13094 on: January 03, 2013, 09:39:50 pm »

Yoshino looks like several other anime characters.

Actually come to think of it... I watched Ouran Host Club and I noticed that the "Strong Silent Type" guy who was also an athlete actually looked like several other athlete characters from several different animes. (Though oddly enough, not all of them they are silent. Just they are all athletic in whatever anime I see that general look)

It is to the extent that I want to ask you guys what started that sort of general appearance being linked to that but I'd never be able to describe it. (Note I am not talking about characters that look like Yoshino... Yoshino looks like, for example, the buddy from Vanguard)

I am almost finished with even wanting to watch anymore episodes of Ouran Host Club. It sort of plays with the idea of having a plot but it doesn't want to actually DO anything about it (probably because that is the joke). In fact one episode makes fun of the fact that they left the entire character arc completely unresolved and incomplete and likely will never complete it. Sort of making the anime weaker since the jokes arn't THAT good (as everyone knows I am REALLY insensative to weirdness, you cannot make me laugh from weirdness or the oddness of a situation).

Maybe I should just stop watching comedies. There was only one show EVER in my life that ever consistantly, every episode, made me laugh (hard) and it only lasted two short seasons.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:41:34 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 2193