Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074999 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12795 on: November 06, 2012, 01:23:32 pm »

Well i decided to watch a short less well-known series from this year which had fairly decent reviews, Mysterious Girlfriend X. The major twist is a new type of squick that I didn't know they could pull off like this. And that's to do with at least 3 character's pre-occupation with dribble, drool, saliva, spit and slobber. Maybe more than 3 characters, as I'm only halfway through the 13 episodes.
Yeah, the "hero", and others, drink someone's drool :/ and not like kissing: Drinking puddles of drool and drool of each others fingers.

It leads to some interesting dialogue choices I never thought I'd hear:

"My Spasticated Drooling Girlfriend" would have been a more apt title for this show. But it's better than most similar shows for two main reasons - it doesn't use the harem trope, and the whole "What the hell am I watching?" factor. (don't watch this while eating!)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:47:57 pm by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: November 06, 2012, 05:42:28 pm »

I just started up Ace Edgeworth Investigations. Like, I'm still in the process of having this new style and these new mechanics introduced to me, and it's all just so sublimely novel. I love it already.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12797 on: November 08, 2012, 12:30:20 pm »

I read volume 3 and 4 of Shingeki no Kyojin last night.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is such a good series.  I'm progressively getting newer and shorter manga which is a bit saddening though.  Berserk -> Vinland Saga/Historie -> Shingeki no Kyojin

I'm also playing a sort of special VN but I should stay quiet until I finish an ending.  (no it's not Virtue's Last Reward  :()
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:34:46 pm by ToonyMan »

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: November 08, 2012, 08:04:56 pm »

I appear to be on another one of my CLAMP kicks. This is not going to be good for my emotional well being.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: November 09, 2012, 12:51:45 am »

Gosh, maybe I should watch what Reelya's watching. Anyone else know of any other fucking weird ecchi series? Hell, just where the fuck do I find an anime this insane?

And can somebody please, please make Rifftrax for these sorts of series?

Wait...wait...Mysterious Girlfriend X gets better!

Quote from: Wikipedia
Among her many other quirks, Urabe is notable for her skill with scissors. The scissors, which she keeps tucked in her underwear, can be used to dextrously cut objects at high speed, like making a nearby hedge resemble Tsubaki. The scissors are used as threats, displays of anger, and as a defensive measure. This is but one of the factors that keeps Tsubaki from being more forward and aggressive with their relationship, although he seems to be generally fine with following Urabe's pace.
----
Ayuko deduces that Mikoto and Akira do not use each others' first names via an abridged drool swapping with Akira.
----
Upon spotting a tanline from Mikoto's pair of scissors, Akira gets a nosebleed which Mikoto later experiences when she tries Akira's drool on the way home.
----
When Akira expresses his desire to kiss Mikoto, she gives him a testtube of her drool, telling him to drink it before he goes to bed.
----
When asked by Mikoto to profess his love in a way only he can, Akira demonstrates it by ripping up a photo he had in his wallet of his middle school crush. After explaining the reason she laughed in class was because a voice told her Akira would be the first person she would have sex with, Mikoto agrees to become his girlfriend.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:32:56 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12800 on: November 09, 2012, 06:27:38 pm »

-snip Mysterious Girlfriend X snip-

Is it me, or is Urabe and Tsubaki's relationship really creepy and unhealthy? Not talking about the drool of course, although that's a different kind of creepy and surely somebody's fetish.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: November 13, 2012, 01:00:53 am »

I'm also playing a sort of special VN but I should stay quiet until I finish an ending.  (no it's not Virtue's Last Reward  :()
Let's get distracted for a bit and play Hanachirasu instead (it's really really short).
That was weird.  Pretty decent overall.  I wish the minigame was translated.  Gotta do Kikokugai at some point too, among other things...

Also I'm caught up with Shingeki no Kyojin and finished Gunslinger Girl.  This sucks.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: November 13, 2012, 01:47:59 am »

It was the Buttler. Who is also B's identical twin. Duh!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: November 13, 2012, 01:50:10 am »

Clearly Darvi should be making his own Visual novels.

Or... she (but I doubt it)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: November 13, 2012, 02:14:16 am »

There is a 37% chance that my profile is lying about my gender.

And I did have that idea for a CCS dating sim VN. Hmmm.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12805 on: November 13, 2012, 02:15:19 am »

63% ?

makes me do not want to know.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: November 13, 2012, 02:58:13 am »

You know I was thinking about why often "The Sick girl" or boy is often a very well behaved child.

I remember Full Moon Wo Sagashite where Mitsuki almost enters into saint territory.

Yet I know of the reasoning I always came up with.

It is because usually the "Sick girl" or "Sick boy" cannot misbehave. When you have the sickness they are often coupled with you are often bolted into a certain way of acting.

Mitsuki couldn't run, she couldn't really yell, and if she ever tried to do those things she would end up in the hospital.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: November 13, 2012, 12:59:54 pm »

So where does Izumi Curtis fits in?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12808 on: November 13, 2012, 04:20:43 pm »

Don't know who this is but I am guessing she is a sick girl who is absolutely malicious and misbehaved.

It isn't a one size fits all assumption. It is only a reasoning I picked up in my head.

Heck there was an anime where the "Sick boy" actually was the villain BECAUSE of his sickness.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:51:01 pm by Neonivek »

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #12809 on: November 14, 2012, 01:24:17 am »

Don't know who this is but I am guessing she is a sick girl who is absolutely malicious and misbehaved.

From FMA, if I recall correctly. Kind of cheating, because Izumi is a woman, and got sick as a woman, not a child (and is actually more of a badass than "malicious" or "misbehaved").

I suppose that Kallen Kouzuki/Stadtfeld (Code Geass) also doesn't count due to pretending to be sick, although she does play up the stereotype.

Then there's Spiral, where every villain could be said to be 'sick'...
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 2193