Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3075769 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12585 on: October 01, 2012, 04:16:00 pm »

Neonevik, Have you seen Akikan!? That's a really good one you'd like. Very exciting.
Why is the male lead Jun Fukuyama again??

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12586 on: October 01, 2012, 04:19:23 pm »

i'm taking a look at his bio ... wow, a lot of shows.

Akikan! is probably the one he leaves off his resume. :/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:26:02 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12587 on: October 01, 2012, 04:20:38 pm »

Neonevik, Have you seen Akikan!? That's a really good one you'd like. Very exciting.

As far as I can tell it doesn't exist.

Thus is must be a movie.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12588 on: October 01, 2012, 04:27:45 pm »

Deliberately denying it's existence? To be honest, that's probably better for your self-respect. I was actually after some co-sufferers.

It's a harem series about magical battling soda can girls. It was actually made by the Denpa teki na Kanojo people and both series have shout-outs to each other, one of the few highlights.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:30:47 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12589 on: October 01, 2012, 04:32:50 pm »

Ohhh goodness... even the description is painful to read.

he'd meet a fascinating new girl when he attempted to DRINK her? Naming her Melon, because she's got great melon

but still, I havn't actually seen it and a few sites I go to refuse to even list it (or call it by a different name... which is common)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12590 on: October 01, 2012, 04:42:22 pm »

Also this is very interesting, "Director of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward reveals that 70% of their PV/OP traffic comes from English-speaking countries."
Argh stupid 3DS.  At least it's perfectly timed for my birthday, and it's odd that it's getting a European release at all since as far as I can tell 999 never had one.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12591 on: October 01, 2012, 04:45:39 pm »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/production-ig/masaaki-yuasas-kick-heart

A Kickstarter from Masaaki Yuasa, director of Mind Game and Tatami Galaxy.

Looks absolutely dreadful.

Especially the part where the two Luchas start making out.
Aw, if you haven't you should check out Mind Game.

His visual style is chaotic, and his scenes are nonsensical at times, but it's super fun and exciting.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12592 on: October 01, 2012, 04:47:37 pm »

It is what I call Semi-artsy... which for some reason is repellent to me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12593 on: October 01, 2012, 04:55:54 pm »

Also this is very interesting, "Director of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward reveals that 70% of their PV/OP traffic comes from English-speaking countries."
Argh stupid 3DS.  At least it's perfectly timed for my birthday, and it's odd that it's getting a European release at all since as far as I can tell 999 never had one.
Yeah my poor budget is going to be screaming at the end of the month.

EDIT:
"Kotaro Uchikoshi recently revealed in an interview with Nintendo Power that a sequel to Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is currently in development."
That was fast.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:00:50 pm by ToonyMan »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12594 on: October 01, 2012, 04:56:02 pm »

Ok, i won't recommend any more shows I hated ;D

One i did like was Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. The one about futon-girl. I like this because it's simple, but has some really unique characters. Basically slice of life, coming of age, comedy & drama, but kinda ... different.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:15:42 pm by Reelya »

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12595 on: October 01, 2012, 07:04:19 pm »

Oh Total Eclipse, I can't be happy with you.  I watched the first two episodes and as a disgruntled VN reader I don't think I will ever adjust to anime pacing.  Anyway...
<rant>
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO ANGRY BEFORE
<rant>
Ah, sweet, sweet despair & rage of fans. Forgot to say anything about the QUALITY of the show...since I haven't played the VN & is simple interested about the world itself, I can laugh at it without irony even when people are getting eaten on screen by metaphorical anatomy alien creatures. BETA CG is expensive I guess.

Have you seen Akikan!? That's a really good one you'd like. Very exciting.
*twitch* *twitch* Guh, that reminds me...I have to kill the one who recommended that to me. The memory is faint but I do remember actually feeling my braincells dying in the 1st episode (I've seen a looot of weird crap, I don't know why that one ticked me so much).

One i did like was Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. The one about futon-girl. I like this because it's simple, but has some really unique characters. Basically slice of life, coming of age, comedy & drama, but kinda ... different.
Ah, this one I liked...it is indeed "different" (sparkly shiny haaaaiiirr). I'd say it's an acquired taste thing though (like Bakemono/Nisemonogatari) but do check it out. Ah, I've forgotten that I haven't seen Denpa's & Steins Gate extra OVA episodes yet. EXTRA NOTE: Touwa Meme, mother of the year
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12596 on: October 01, 2012, 07:26:02 pm »

I watched a few reviews of a movie and I am uttarly surprised that each "professional" reviewer actually never caught onto a VERY basic concept on the movie.

Anime is dead.

No I won't be more specific it is embarassing... but lets just say it is a popular site and a popular movie. Making me very main stream.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 07:37:13 pm by Neonivek »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12597 on: October 02, 2012, 11:15:01 am »

What the fuck Btooom! got an anime by Madhouse??  That's amazing I have to watch it the manga was is really stupid.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:21:21 am by ToonyMan »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12598 on: October 02, 2012, 11:27:03 am »

I watched a few reviews of a movie and I am uttarly surprised that each "professional" reviewer actually never caught onto a VERY basic concept on the movie.

Anime is dead.

No I won't be more specific it is embarassing... but lets just say it is a popular site and a popular movie. Making me very main stream.
Not really sure what you are getting at here. Are you trying to express an opinion on the state of the anime genre? Are you trying to express a point about a specific movie that we supposedly will be able to guess? The fact that reviewers/critics sometimes have different opinions then the fans? It's hard to discuss anything when we have no clue what you are trying to say. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12599 on: October 02, 2012, 01:40:46 pm »

Anime is dead.

Not really sure what you are getting at here. Are you trying to express an opinion on the state of the anime genre? Are you trying to express a point about a specific movie that we supposedly will be able to guess? The fact that reviewers/critics sometimes have different opinions then the fans? It's hard to discuss anything when we have no clue what you are trying to say. :P

Actually three of the four critics are fans.

I am just stating my dissatisfaction that no one ever caught onto one point and they all harp on it.

Also no you won't be able to guess because it is Pokemon the first movie. Every single critic I see keeps on harping against its Non-violence message without understanding the difference between the fight at the end and any other time... but whatever.

It just annoyed me but I am over it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:37:32 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 2193