Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078143 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12090 on: July 22, 2012, 11:24:12 am »

Meanwhile, in the Ten dimension...
<snip>
Good to see that 11 year old is getting paid well for his artworks man. Mahjong never really sparked my interests even when the players are braking the laws of reality in "awesome" ways to win or is cute and well endowed (so yeah, I don't get it).

Meh. Very odd mood + lack of sleep. Personal opinions, to each their own, acquired tastes, subjective blah blah, yada yada...better stop myself here...

Hey Yamaguchi, any closing statements? Personal opinion?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12091 on: July 23, 2012, 04:01:02 am »

Watched the K-ON movie.

It was very K-ON.

I liked it.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: July 23, 2012, 10:54:57 am »

Hmm... Apparently there's going to be new Sailor Moon in the summer of 2013.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12093 on: July 23, 2012, 03:42:57 pm »

New as in complete remake, i imagine improved animation, and it's going to more closely follow the manga.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12094 on: July 23, 2012, 04:00:54 pm »

New as in complete remake, i imagine improved animation, and it's going to more closely follow the manga.

Honestly a new Sailor moon is something I can really get behind.

Also I am not a very avid defender of "The Manga is a holy book that must be shown" as I consider the manga and anime different ALWAYS (it bugs me when someone uses the manga as canon in a anime discussion).

The Live action Sailor moon I hear was closer to the actual Sailor moon.

Though if they are bringing in elements closer to the manga I hope they keep the independence of Venus. It somehow feels like lost potential seeing Venus who very well was a solo hero long before Sailor Moon got involved with a videogame and movie made of her... yet it disapears (with exactly one reference later) the second she joins the team.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12095 on: July 23, 2012, 04:06:45 pm »

A lot of times when the anime deviates from the manga it gets much worse from a story perspective. Writing is thrown out the window and the animators piece together a half-hearted resolution in an effort to wrap things up early.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: July 23, 2012, 04:07:55 pm »

How about rather than the filler arcs that Sailor Moon had, they actually animate "Codename: Sailor V" as a side-story? for those not aware, this manga started before Sailor Moon, but part of it ran concurrent, up until Sailor Venus appears in Sailor Moon.

Obviously, this was the origins of Sailor Venus and explains her movies and games prior to Sailor Moon. It explains the similarity between the sailor moon and sailor venus costumes too, she was a "proto-sailor moon".

The author was originally offered an anime from Codename: Sailor V, but developed Sailor Moon instead with a Super Sentai show team feel she thought would work better as a show.

EDIT: Looks like reprints of Codename: Sailor V have been selling massively well in the nytimes manga best sellers lists in 2011, #2 on the list, behind Sailor Moon volume 1. It's definitely more popular now than when originally serialized.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:16:02 pm by Reelya »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: July 23, 2012, 04:09:57 pm »

I've been told to get my hime. it any good?

I liked it, and I dislike magical girl animes.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12098 on: July 23, 2012, 06:15:14 pm »

A lot of times when the anime deviates from the manga it gets much worse from a story perspective. Writing is thrown out the window and the animators piece together a half-hearted resolution in an effort to wrap things up early.

Sometimes indeed. Though sometimes, like in Full Moon Wo Sagashite's case, it was for the better. In fact I would argue that it actually improved it.

Mind you I checked the anime's of the same person who made the Full Moon manga and they tend to be consistantly bad or mediocre with equally huge cuts from the plot (without the improving effect). It makes me think that Full Moon Wo Sagashite was more lucky with its plot cuts then it was intentional.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: July 23, 2012, 06:47:14 pm »

I was someone that really enjoyed Sailor Moon growing up, so I too can get behind a re-imagined Sailor Moon.

Also, it's one of the few cases where the rocking American restyling of the opening song made the show infinitely better than the demure Japanese opening the original had.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12100 on: July 23, 2012, 07:12:58 pm »

I was someone that really enjoyed Sailor Moon growing up, so I too can get behind a re-imagined Sailor Moon.

Also, it's one of the few cases where the rocking American restyling of the opening song made the show infinitely better than the demure Japanese opening the original had.

Plus the Regendering of Zoesite gave the show a much needed active female antagonist.

Actually... she was rather unique for a female antagonist when I think about it.

Lastly the songs they played at the conclusion of the first two seasons was also an improvement over just replaying the main theme.

The Three changes I think are genuinly better then the original. That and the voice actor for Serena/Usagi... for the Canadian Dub it was soo much better!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:17:23 pm by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12101 on: July 23, 2012, 07:19:39 pm »

Hold up, the original version never uses the main theme for the closing. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Also, the dub's opening lyrics are moronic.

Nice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrbeLaAN24Q

Sucky:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_RZhh44NY

The first rocks more to my ears.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:22:01 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: July 23, 2012, 07:21:30 pm »

Hold up, the original version never uses the main theme for the closing. Not sure where you're getting that from.

Yeah it does. It did that for every closing.

Which makes the ending kinda disapointing compared that it was so epic I feel like I missed out of a potentially awsome climax to the entire series

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12103 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:23 pm »

Dude i have the subbed copy here and just checked, every closing is different to the opening.

And pray tell in which ways does the dubbed opening rock out way more than the original, i linked both above.

Sounds like a more poppy and 'sparkly' version of the same song, with dumbass lyrics added.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:28:20 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: July 23, 2012, 07:27:04 pm »

Dude i have the subbed copy here and just checked, every closing is different to the opening.

And pray tell in which ways does the dubbed opening rock out way more than the original, i linked both above.

No not that... I mean... You know the theme they will play during the finale during the power struggles?

It is always the main theme while in the dub they created entirely new songs.
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 2193