Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078230 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #12075 on: July 16, 2012, 07:04:40 am »

The keroro gunso anime went on like doraemon or shin-chan. Something nice for everyone lasting until they ran out of ideas.
Myself prefers the manga before the anime, there are more long arcs, which are where Mine truly shines (at least that's my humble opinion)

Also, reading gunnm, also known as Battle angel alita. That thing is like Hokuto no ken baddies in trigun's setting gone even more wrong. And though alita lacks a bit of focus on its goals, she is freakin awesome, like kenshiro.
Warning: The art of the series is bad at the start. Thank god, like Ah my goddess, it gets better after a few tankoubons

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: July 16, 2012, 03:27:58 pm »

Starting watching Sergeant Frog on Netflix (because, with a title like that, you just have to look.) It's got some pretty decent gags, but the oddly familiar theme song is driving me crazy.

I've never watched it personally but from what I've seen, that show is bizarre.

Quite so. It's rather funny as well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12077 on: July 17, 2012, 12:34:49 am »

The keroro gunso anime went on like doraemon or shin-chan. Something nice for everyone lasting until they ran out of ideas.
Myself prefers the manga before the anime, there are more long arcs, which are where Mine truly shines (at least that's my humble opinion)

I have to agree. They had Sgt. Frog at my library and it was one of the first Manga I read, and it's pretty funny and a good read. The anime, however, is not as interesting to me. Maybe it's because I already know what's going to happen, but I just didn't like the way it was set up as much as the manga.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: July 17, 2012, 03:49:45 am »

Well isn't that a pleasant surprise.  I guess I understand the Fukumoto World a bit more now.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:52:04 am by ToonyMan »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: July 18, 2012, 01:42:09 am »

Started reading Hellsing again. I really like his rather unique artstyle, which I don't think really came across in the (first, anyway) anime. Very Frankenstein-y.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: July 19, 2012, 10:55:11 am »

I finished watching my 2nd time through Future Boy Conan. Remember how I recommended it highly? I'm still doing that.

Also, caught up on Dangan Ronpa, and will be finishing Apollo Justice pretty soon.

In other news, got the soundtrack for Katawa Shoujo. Of course, I jammed nearly all of it into my musical alarm clock.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: July 20, 2012, 07:15:01 pm »

Also, caught up on Dangan Ronpa, and will be finishing Apollo Justice pretty soon.
Yay.  Ace Attorney Investigations is great.

ANYWAY  I finished Sharin no Kuni, or is it better to say I finshed every chapter and got one ending?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is no such thing as society.

Every chapter but the last one was boring.  The opening and ending for each chapter was good.  The last chapter was the best overall.  There was a legitimately good plot twist.  The art was generic/didn't care at all.  The music was good.  The setting was good but the fucking plot never used it much.  The characters were okay, some were great.  There were too few notable characters and that pisses me off.

The ending was satisfying.  I was getting tired of bad endings honestly.
6/10 (decent)

I admit I still question why this is so high rated, but pssha it was still okay I suppose!

...I still need to get the other endings and play the fan-disc.  The cover for the fan-disc actually looks cool!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:32:15 pm by ToonyMan »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: July 20, 2012, 10:55:35 pm »

So, Crunchyroll has appeared on my Roku and its a pretty interesting channel, with a fair amount of anime, and not just the stuff thats popular in the mainstream. It has a pretty good selection.

I watched an episode of GOLION! (Volrtron) subbed.

And, I think the american cut is a lot better.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: July 20, 2012, 11:27:13 pm »

In what way?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: July 20, 2012, 11:33:26 pm »

In what way?

Well, first Voltron, much better name King of Beast: Goloin!

The characters seem more lively then in the subbed.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: July 20, 2012, 11:43:37 pm »

I've been told to get my hime. it any good?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: July 21, 2012, 12:18:08 am »

It depends (though i haven't seen it but have read reviews), it doesn't sound particularly deep. It's about 13 highschool girls with magical mecha that they can pop out of thin air, some intense action / battle scenes, some random slightly dirty humor, and lots of Evangelion-style angsty "why do i fight?" melodrama. Yeah and it has girl / girl romance (maybe smut too, IDK)

Could be good if you like that sort of thing and don't mind a show which mixes up the mood and doesn't take itself too seriously.

But there's at least 100 shows I'd be checking out before going onto My Hime, especially since it's a 26 episode one (I prefer to grab a lot of 13 episode seasons so it's not too much time wasted if they're not so great)

I'm currently watching: Witch Hunter Robin, really enjoying the non-anime-typical aesthetic in this series.
Going to watch Bakuman season 2 after that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:28:47 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: July 21, 2012, 12:06:49 pm »

Rumiko Takahashi finished writing InuYasha a couple of years ago, as far as I know she has no plans for any more, and is already publishing new comics. There's the original 167 episode series, the 26 episode Final Act series, and 5 movies.

"Final Act" completes the TV series with the same ending as the comics, there won't be any more.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:16:37 pm by Reelya »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: July 21, 2012, 12:17:34 pm »

Kamidori, seems fun but that fanservice starting to creep up slowly, isn't bugging me yet. (its also a bitch to sell my wares)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: July 21, 2012, 02:11:03 pm »

Kamidori, seems fun but that fanservice starting to creep up slowly, isn't bugging me yet. (its also a bitch to sell my wares)
I can't handle Kamidori.  My only praise is that it's widescreen and I am very not use to 16:9 VNs.

Mahjong.  It's serious shit.

I am quite enjoying this.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:13:25 pm by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 2193