Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3078507 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #11970 on: June 30, 2012, 09:11:27 am »

Some series have filler that outshines the main storyline, too. Slayers is a partial example; a lot of the macguffin searching episodes were more entertaining than seeing yet another demon or crazy sorcerer wanting Ultimate Power.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: June 30, 2012, 10:08:31 am »

I finished rewatching Godannar 2nd time through. Goddamnit is that an amazing little show.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: June 30, 2012, 12:38:13 pm »

I got to the OP in Daibanchou finally.  It's turn into quite the ridiculous game and I like it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also finished the first three chapters of Inganock.  It's...certainly something.  It's quite relaxing though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: June 30, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:47:32 pm by Bronimin »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11974 on: June 30, 2012, 07:15:14 pm »

Madoka is at least 4,696 times better!  Set your expectations as high as possibility so you can't possibly get disappointed.

I guess the new theory going around is that I am Nyarlathotep given my inherant ability to drive even the level headed Toonyman insane.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: June 30, 2012, 08:11:37 pm »

The large eyes are directly based on Disney.  It's more the shape and style.

Why the hate on Filler episodes? They're necessary. 
I don't think so.  They're really annoyingly common, but some series go without.
The seres that dont have filler episodes, often are deviated form the magna, or dont have one to follow. EG an anime only show. The few exceptions are anime series based on magna, rather late in their life, or are completed.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: June 30, 2012, 09:17:02 pm »

I'm thinking more just... short series that have a plot and then end.  Generally adaptations of something that's already finished.  These series have no need at all for filler (and are the kind I prefer anyway... I guess Detective Conan is the big exception, but that's episodic murder mysteries at its core anyway).

Incidentally I've been watching Katanagatari and... well, it's definitely something.  Different enough to the stuff I've watched in the past to keep me interested, but there are a whole bunch of flaws (main ones: disappointing fight conclusions, Togame having horrible generic tsundere software, somewhat formulaic structure) that keep me from saying it's great or anything.  Episode 4 was amazing though, and hopefully the last 4 episodes under the new Ali Project OP will be good too.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: July 01, 2012, 09:38:25 pm »

Some series have filler that outshines the main storyline, too. Slayers is a partial example; a lot of the macguffin searching episodes were more entertaining than seeing yet another demon or crazy sorcerer wanting Ultimate Power.

Yeah honestly some series has filler even better then the main story (Even outside anime... X-files was like this).

But really boring filler in a series that has a lot of it can really bog the experience down. It can make even the most exciting parts of the series seem boring in memory simply because you will recall the 10 filler episodes that came after it that were about sitting around doing nothing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: July 01, 2012, 10:03:14 pm »

Oh right and after watching another 2 Katana episodes I'd like to renew my objection to the terrible tsunderism virus.  When you compare Togame in episodes 9 and 10 the results are ridiculous why do you have to turn a character into a horrible childish cliché when you are clearly capable of writing them properly

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: July 01, 2012, 11:37:42 pm »

Yeah honestly some series has filler even better then the main story (Even outside anime... X-files was like this).

But really boring filler in a series that has a lot of it can really bog the experience down. It can make even the most exciting parts of the series seem boring in memory simply because you will recall the 10 filler episodes that came after it that were about sitting around doing nothing.

Yea, but that not the fault of it being filler though, thats the fault of the production studio, and we dont know what constrains they have to work under to produce the filler episodes.

Plus some magna, have their own filler, like Bleach does. Fucking bleach. Fuck you Tite.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:43 pm »

Yea, but that not the fault of it being filler though

No of course not... but if the main plot and filler is bad you don't care... you just move on

If the show is great but the filler is terrible... PAIN!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: July 02, 2012, 01:11:48 am »

So.. Deadman Wonderland. It is just sort of weird. But I can't stop watching. It appeals to everything: Just everything.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: July 02, 2012, 04:22:09 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:47:21 pm by Bronimin »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile