Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061680 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10905 on: April 01, 2012, 12:53:31 am »

I finished reading all the available volumes of Gamble Fish. Damnit, why does everything I love have to be unfinished?

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10906 on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:52 am »

Ok, I just got around to finishing FLCL 30 seconds ago (saw the first couple of eps ages ago, just sat through the whole 6 in a row).

I really don't know what to think ...

Congratulations! You are thinking exactly what you are supposed to think. Good job.

No, they have a self defense force, but that's all they have. They do not have any standing military to be used for offense, just enough to defend their own homeland (with the help of US forces stationed there).
Of course the JSDF is among the most powerful and most modern militaries in the world.

The JSSDF is better.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: April 01, 2012, 01:14:25 am »

Rubbish, SDF-1 would knock out JSDF and JSSDF easily.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Right now, just starting Air: The Movie, and next up on my watch list Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Rei I feel like I have low attention span recently, so I'm watching all the shorter series and loose bits and pieces I have lying around. I don't expect Rei to be as awesome as Higurashi or Kai though. Lol i know i'm about a decade behind most people who post on this thread :)

EDIT: Ok  Air: The Movie was pretty damn good i think, better than the TV version, because they tried to cram WAY too much into the TV version's 12 episodes, whereas this movie version simply did away with plot points and characters it didn't have space for, and having now seen the movie, this was the RIGHT decision i think. Not that close to the source material, but it stood well on it's own, which is what you want for a movie version. It might well be one of the best anime feature films i think I've ever seen actually. I'd put this on-par with a Miyazaki film actually, but Miyazaki films never made me cry like a baby, and this did. I'm glad I waited > 6 months between the TV and movie version though so I wasn't really mentally comparing details.

EDIT: Ok, and that's Rei watched, I was a more than a little dubious after episode 1, but it shaped up big time. Two less things in my to-watch folder.

Awwright ... getting through a pile of OVAs ...

Hah, I'm now onto "Mars of destruction". Man, this does really suck. Classical music blaring over important dialog, crap washed out colors. I've seen better art in low-budget 80's cartoons. And they seem to have forgotten to have any actual characters in the show. This is the #1 reason it fails, in my opinion (not that there aren't 50 other types of fail). There's absolutely no-one to root for. I'm thinking failed TV show project, and they just wrapped it into one episode and washed their hands of it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:51:09 pm by Reelya »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: April 01, 2012, 03:39:52 am »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: April 01, 2012, 03:42:48 am »

But none of that matters because in the first episode the leopar-headed Guin introduces himself by literally punching a guy into a ground and then proceeds to punch another guy into a tree with such force that when his helmet strikes it the tree is lit on fire.
...god damn it, now there's something else I need to see.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: April 01, 2012, 10:10:08 am »

But none of that matters because in the first episode the leopar-headed Guin introduces himself by literally punching a guy into a ground and then proceeds to punch another guy into a tree with such force that when his helmet strikes it the tree is lit on fire.
...god damn it, now there's something else I need to see.

Exactly what I was thinking.  :-X

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: April 01, 2012, 02:19:10 pm »

Opinions on the Persona anime anyone?  Right now it's rushing some of the Social Links stuff. otherwise it's pretty good in my opinion.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: April 01, 2012, 03:36:36 pm »

I only saw part of the first episode. Thanks for reminding me about it. I was planning on watching it after I finished with fate zero.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: April 01, 2012, 04:32:16 pm »

Season 2 of Fate/zero will be better than the first season.  Just you wait...I don't know if it would be funner knowing or not knowing.

Mahoyo comes out April 12th too.  And the first night for Higanbana is almost done, thanks Bronove.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: April 01, 2012, 06:59:59 pm »

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: April 01, 2012, 11:45:13 pm »

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:51:31 pm by Reelya »

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: April 02, 2012, 02:33:58 am »

Season 2 of Fate/zero will be better than the first season.  Just you wait...I don't know if it would be funner knowing or not knowing.

Mahoyo comes out April 12th too.  And the first night for Higanbana is almost done, thanks Bronove.

I think I'll go into season two with optimistic ignorance. I spoiled myself on the Archer/Shirou plot in between the fate/stay night anime and the VN, so I want to see fate zero with new eyes.

I only know about Berserker using a fighter plane's minigun, and some details about rider's  death. Hopefully these aren't the most awesome things that happen.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: April 02, 2012, 02:45:32 am »

Err well, don't spoil others by saying what you were spoiled of...

On the topic of spoilers I was not spoiled for Fate/stay night or Fate/zero.  Honestly the only thing I was spoiled of was Death Note and I was a newb back then.

THESE EYES, THEY CAN AVERT EVERYTHING
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:47:39 am by ToonyMan »

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: April 02, 2012, 02:51:06 am »

Those count as spoilers? They aren't even part of the main story. Well, the rider bit is, but we know the rough outcome of this story because of fate stay night.

Actually describing the Archer/Shirou subplot is what I'd consider a spoiler.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: April 02, 2012, 02:58:04 am »

I'm going to agree with MantisMan here, a couple of random names thrown about don't really spoil anything, because you need some exposure to the franchise to know who the hell they are. I mean, I've played FSN's first route and I really don't know exactly what MantisMan meant exactly. I'll get around to the anime one day :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:00:29 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 2193