Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3057951 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10605 on: February 15, 2012, 09:47:57 pm »

That's actually kind of surprising.  I was only able to make out bits of English in that whole thing.

EDIT:
ALSO THERE ARE SO MANY IMAGE EDITS OF THAT YUNO POSE

Zerochan has 12 pages of it, at least a dozen of them are Umineko characters and one of them is Zouken which is terrifying.

EDITX2:
And now I'm up-to-date in Akagi, woooooah.  Now I'm waiting on Akagi and Kaiji.  :3
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 03:05:25 am by ToonyMan »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: February 15, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »

That's actually kind of surprising.  I was only able to make out bits of English in that whole thing.

Yeah, I didn't realize it except for a few words as well, until I listened to it while reading the lyrics..it's kinda cool.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:01 pm »

EDIT:
ALSO THERE ARE SO MANY IMAGE EDITS OF THAT YUNO POSE

Zerochan has 12 pages of it, at least a dozen of them are Umineko characters and one of them is Zouken which is terrifying.

Just checked, and wow, there's dozens and dozens of it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: February 16, 2012, 08:37:46 am »

I honestly didn't expect to get any responses for my last challenge but apperantly there are anime/manga/visualnovel/novel-lovers who will actually announce that an anime is better then its manga.

I am rather surprised.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:21 am »

Another example would be Wolf's Rain and anything and everything else (like Cowboy Bebop, etc.) where the anime came first.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: February 16, 2012, 02:15:16 pm »

I honestly didn't expect to get any responses for my last challenge but apperantly there are anime/manga/visualnovel/novel-lovers who will actually announce that an anime is better then its manga.
I am rather surprised.
Neonivek's challenge was...DEFEATED?!

>:O

Also Yugioh The Abridged Series is totally better than the original duelist manga (well besides Kaiba stopping a guy's revolver with a playing card, THAT WAS A RARE).  The original original Yugioh manga I heard was pretty good because it was basically a series like Kaiji with a bunch of games they gambled on except probably a lot sillier.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: February 16, 2012, 02:16:00 pm »

And a chainsaw-murderer.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »

Finished Mirai Nikki in a 12 hour car ride.

It was good.

And the anime is missing much of Akise's love life but otherwise is quite faithful.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, Yuno is way better looking in the manga...something about the way her hair looks..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:03 pm »

The animation studio who do the adaption are definitely not the best around.  This is like one of their first main projects too.

EDIT:
New Tower of God was pretty funny, hohoho
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:16:19 am by ToonyMan »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: February 17, 2012, 10:57:59 am »

Went on another classic anime binge, and finally decided to check out the much touted Samurai Pizza Cats.

Yes its campy, cute, and hearkens back to the heyday of anime... but what Really makes the series stand out for me is how, during the western localization, the writers didn't provide the localization team with any sort of script. Then, instead of trying to translate the dialogue themselves, they decided to write their own dialogue based on whatever they saw, and created their own context/continuity. Suddenly, instead of being a semi-serious heroic adventure cartoon like Sailor Moon, it was recast as this big, wonderful piece of self-parody... and it's a terribly fun watch.

I found myself alternately facepalming at the ham-handed puns and 4th-wall breaking, and even cracking up once or twice; the dialogue is quick, and some of the jokes are too complex for a young audience, which was a pleasant surprise! I think I'm going to have to give this one a watch.

Habblatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: February 17, 2012, 07:14:04 pm »

I feel like watching something short and sweet.
What are some good OVAs? I really enjoyed Pale Cocoon and Voices of a Distant Star.
Recommendations?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: February 17, 2012, 07:19:29 pm »

I feel like watching something short and sweet.
What are some good OVAs? I really enjoyed Pale Cocoon and Voices of a Distant Star.
Recommendations?

You will watch Dead Leaves and you will LIKE it son!

Check out the Black Jack OVA, no kidding around. It's seriously good.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: February 17, 2012, 07:26:07 pm »

Or if you haven't already the Darker than Black OVAs are still out there.
And if you consider the Kara no Kyoukai movies as OVAs there are seven of those (and a brain damaging epilogue).
Carnvial Phantasm had a lot of good OVAs too but there's a large prerequisite that may (not) be worth it.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:47:17 pm by ToonyMan »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: February 17, 2012, 09:22:22 pm »

I...Ned that Mahjong, definitely.

Has anyone seen the Secret World of Arietty? I am tempted to make plans with friends to go to the movies to see it...and I never even talk to people outside of school. Is it as good as the ads make it look?j

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: February 17, 2012, 09:37:44 pm »

I...Ned that Mahjong, definitely.

Has anyone seen the Secret World of Arietty? I am tempted to make plans with friends to go to the movies to see it...and I never even talk to people outside of school. Is it as good as the ads make it look?j

Oh yeah, I've seen it, Arrietty is plenty good. I feel it missed alot of potential that was offered by the premise, but it's still plenty good.

Besides, can't go wrong with Ghibli.
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 2193