Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3062044 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10260 on: January 11, 2012, 07:07:49 am »

I haven't gotten terribly far in Umineko, but, yeah, I love a ton of the tracks. goldenslaughterer, worldenddominator, dreamenddischarger, Happiness of Marionette, Siesta's theme, Black Liliana, HOPE, and Fishy Aroma are all burned in my head.

I didn't mention it though, because most of the pieces have a far different mood than the ones in the VNs I listed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10261 on: January 11, 2012, 04:58:33 pm »

I got Fate/Extra in the mail.  :D
Woah I've already logged 8 hours in one day tiiiime to put the game down.
Cool. Went with the traditional "picked Saber since I just began" route?
Yep.  I plan on doing Saber -> Archer -> Caster since that seems like the order to do it in.

I was actually thinking about what characters have been saying especially
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and I think I've come to a horrible conclusion.
Spoiler: Fate/extra theory (click to show/hide)
Anyway time to gather info on this new Servant.  I have to say I didn't expect to see
in this.  You just never know what to expect!  GOTOU-KUN MASTER ANYBODY??

I haven't gotten terribly far in Umineko, but, yeah, I love a ton of the tracks. goldenslaughterer, worldenddominator, dreamenddischarger, Happiness of Marionette, Siesta's theme, Black Liliana, HOPE, and Fishy Aroma are all burned in my head.
I didn't mention it though, because most of the pieces have a far different mood than the ones in the VNs I listed.
Umineko Chiru has a whole lot of good ones too.

Also yeah I finished book 7 of Haruhi.  Daaamn.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:58:53 am by ToonyMan »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10262 on: January 11, 2012, 05:04:40 pm »

Umineko Chiru has a whole lot of good ones too.
And there's vocal or extended versions kindof randomly scattered everywhere.  What if I've missed some argh.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10263 on: January 12, 2012, 02:54:24 am »

Gog dammit!  Corpse Party is so hard.  I've played Chapter 5 over eight times now...

I'm starting to really like this game.  I want to finish it up to focus on Fate/extra though.

The plot has been really good.  The characters are good, the music "evolves" as you proceed through it.  My only complaint is YOU HAVE TO READ THROUGH EVERYTHING AGAIN when you have to start from the beginning (which you will have to, trust me).  Basically the same complaint as 999.

EDIT:
CREDITS  I SEE CREDITS
There are two endings with credits, pretty sure I got the worse one because UNRESOLVED PLOT POINTS
LET'S FINISH THIS WITCH

EDITX2:
What the shit?!  What the shit?!  Okay I finished every ending for Chapter 5.  Yes I just finished the TrueEnd for it.

-Corpse Party-
Fin

But that was depressing as shit!  Shit!  That was such a low blow...what a low blow.
Let me finish the rest of the Extra Chapters, they're a bit more underwhelming than I thought hopefully one is at least somewhat good.

USO DA

TEAM GRISGRIIIIIIIIS

Okay, okay.  Time to get Team Grisgris' game history figured out.

The first game they made was called 'Corpse Party' and was made for the PC-9801 in 1996, Japan-only.
The first game was remade in 2008 with the title 'Corpse Party: Blood Covered' for the PC(Windows), Japan-only.
The first game was remade again in 2010 with the title 'Corpse Party: Blood Covered Repeated Fear' for the PSP, this was localized in English by XSEED in 2011 and was renamed 'Corpse Party' and was the game I played.
A sequel called 'Corpse Party: Book of Shadows" came out in Japan on September 1st, 2011 for the PSP.  I really hope XSEED had enough success to localize this one too.

I have to play it.  I've actually played the first one in the series even though it's originally so old.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:47:11 am by ToonyMan »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10264 on: January 12, 2012, 08:13:35 am »

Yep they certainly know how to make corpses fun

Just have a party with them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10265 on: January 12, 2012, 08:02:58 pm »

Kaitoooooooou!!  Somehow ToonyMan and I seem to have underestimated you this time again.  Damnit, you managed to dodge even our randomly thrown wild theories.

Oh well, I guess there's always next time.  After 139 more episodes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10266 on: January 12, 2012, 08:07:45 pm »

Yeah you can never really guess what he's doing.  Damn you Kaitou.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10267 on: January 12, 2012, 08:23:49 pm »

You're ONLY on episode 139? Man, I got tired in the late 300's.

NOT ENOUGH KAITOU FOR MY LIKING NO SIREE!

Anyway, I just finished the prequel and the main series of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. That was one of the most amazingly, awesomely, and hilariously badass things I've ever watched. I'm so sad it was so short!

After moving to the main series after watching the prequel, I was pleasantly surprised that the show actually jumped in quality, despite being made almost a full decade before the prequel.

Oh man, I thought the match against D'arby was going to be the show's highlighting moment, but the fight with Dio is so brutal and amazing.

Also, I love how the main villain's name was Dio, the organization that was hunting him was named the Speedwagon Foundation, and Dio's righthand man was named Iced, but the Japanese pronounced it exactly like Vanilla Ice. There was little awesome music contained therein, but it couldn't just be a coincidence.

Highly recommended.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10268 on: January 12, 2012, 08:37:42 pm »

Nah that was episode 219.  It's just another 139 episodes till the next Kaitou one (sad that something which sounds so exaggerated can be true).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10269 on: January 12, 2012, 08:39:34 pm »

It's been noted that only episodes with a digital root of 3 can be a 2 hour special.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10270 on: January 12, 2012, 08:43:55 pm »

Nah that was episode 219.  It's just another 139 episodes till the next Kaitou one (sad that something which sounds so exaggerated can be true).

I never figured out why they mostly ignored Kaitou Kid, since he was like the coolest character and I literally watched dozens of episodes a week just for the glimmer of a chance for another Kaitou ep. I boggles the mind why they didn't choose to capitalize on that coolness.

Or the men in black coats for that matter, them and Kaitou were the only credible adversaries to Conan and Ai, basically.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10271 on: January 12, 2012, 08:45:58 pm »

Possibly because he had his own series once?  Eh.  And the Men in Black clearly can't appear too often or the plot might advance.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10272 on: January 12, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »

He had his own series?! I can't believe I'm just learning this.

Time to wiki dive.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #10273 on: January 12, 2012, 11:43:28 pm »

Negima...

Goodness. Evangeline is a tad too flustered by that certain possibility. Also, now it seems like Hakase has a book that foretells the future? I missed that part.

If it is a book that foretells the future, and they were able to change it...

Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10274 on: January 13, 2012, 01:09:14 am »

Kaitoooooooou!!  Somehow ToonyMan and I seem to have underestimated you this time again.  Damnit, you managed to dodge even our randomly thrown wild theories.

Oh well, I guess there's always next time.  After 139 more episodes.

Odd I thought Kaito's series ended REALLY early... Did they make more?
Pages: 1 ... 683 684 [685] 686 687 ... 2193