Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064401 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10200 on: January 04, 2012, 05:16:36 am »

I love Nichijou so much, and I just realized how amazingly fast you burn through animes.

I just started Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and I have to say the creator is just trying to make something that exaggeratedly manly in every way, and I'm loving that way of thinking.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: January 04, 2012, 05:31:55 am »

I have a lot of free time because of winter break, and without much spare money to try out different things, watching anime is about the most budget thing I can do to pass time.

I watched Nichijou in one go, spare a few breaks for eating and bathroom. I've had more productive days.

Something I immediately noticed when I finished was that I didn't have a headache from watching for that long.

For Jojo's, you're watching the anime, yeah?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: January 04, 2012, 05:55:18 am »

Yep, the anime. I know there's this huge long manga it's based on, and that there's a series and then a prequel series.

I'm watching the 2001 prequel series first, since my initial research shows that I wouldn't understand the 1993 anime without watching it first. There's also these short introductory slideshows that were included that give further backstory to the show. Even more amusingly, I'm reminded of Reading Rainbow watching them.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: January 04, 2012, 07:34:49 am »

You're not going to tell me you've actually...read all of Index are you?  I haven't even started that oh gog you're nuts
Is New Testament a direct continuation or does something weird happen?  Although it's not like I would even know for possibly years seriously my Index LN folder is 250MB of just WORDS (and illustrations).
Yes, I've read all the main volumes except some of the Railgun SideStories & such. Yes I am indeed "nuts"...I usually read more than play games this days (also have a tendency to re-read stuff). Yes, New Testament is a direct continuation and it's basically Season2 so to speak because weird shit did happen...the kind of shit that brings all named characters together (in ToAru's case is a freakin' motherload) all over the world to try and clean up that much level of crap. One thing that annoys me with the ToAru LNs is it's tendency to repeat itself way too often...understandable enough when telling a character's looks and such, but on other stuff, geez... (Yes,yes Imagine Breaker works like that, you've stated that since volume 1 and several times this volume! We get it!) Words! WORDS EVERYWHERE!! MISAKA IS STATING THAT MISAKA HATES TOO MANY WORDS AS MISAKA PRETENDS TO CARE!
Also I've been playing the hell out of Battle Moon Wars and it's getting pretty loopy thanks to the fact I'm up to Fate/hollow now.
Hmmm, you really might spoiled by the game...I think it does delve on the Ataraxia storyline a bit.

I watched Nichijou in one go, spare a few breaks for eating and bathroom. I've had more productive days.
Something I immediately noticed when I finished was that I didn't have a headache from watching for that long.
It's the kind of show where you just turn off your brain & be amused by a Principal fighting an honorable duel against a Deer or watching a pint size genius be weird and cute. I actually stopped watching it for now cuz' of the hit or miss jokes...I'm too easily distracted by other stuff, and a certain episode just just kept missing the giant barn with a gatling gun, so i simply moved on to shinier things.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:37:42 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: January 04, 2012, 11:42:28 am »

Also I've been playing the hell out of Battle Moon Wars and it's getting pretty loopy thanks to the fact I'm up to Fate/hollow now.
Hmmm, you really might spoiled by the game...I think it does delve on the Ataraxia storyline a bit.
I'll be honest here, I've run into enough Fate/hollow spoilers by accident it doesn't even matter anymore, I know every important plot point.  What matters is when I finally get to play the game in English and experience that myself.  I'm pretty sure I know everything that happens already but it's one thing to get glimpses of something and another to actually read the damn thing.  It really doesn't bother me anymore.

...I'm still kind of amazed you read all of Index though.

Anywhooooooooo, I watched every The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan yesterday nyoron~  It only took like an hour, it was pretty amazing actually.  Had a lot of laugh out loud moments and stuff.  Also over half way done with Intrigues.

Also watched Illya's Special Castle which is basically all of the VAs role playing as their characters in a game of Illya's Castle being played, kind of amazing.  Poor Lancer.

And EX Season was hilarious, I didn't think it'd be so long but it was longer than a normal Carnival Phantasm OVA and was also full of Fate/hollow characters to boot (who I already knew all about so does it really matter).
Spoiler: screen caps galore (click to show/hide)

I have to say one of my favorite skits was...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also have to share one of my favorite attacks in Battle Moon Wars
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And the entire time this is playing.
So awesome.  I have no idea if I'm done yet.  When I'll finish I'll probably start a NewGame+ with Takumi.

I have to say the music in BMW is so goooooood.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: January 04, 2012, 11:44:44 am »

"You made Mikuru cry!"

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:38 pm »

Oh, I didn't know EX Season was out. Thanks for letting me know, Toony, what I've watched of it so far is pretty funny.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: January 04, 2012, 06:34:38 pm »

I think I'll start up Bakemonogatari or Madoka again. Or Kino's Journey.

Quick question about Madoka though. I keep hearing people say that it's a deconstruction of magical-girl shows. I've googled and read up on what it is, but I still don't understand what it is that well, and how it applies to the idea of something being a deconstruction of magical-girl shows. Any help?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: January 04, 2012, 06:36:34 pm »

How much have you watched of it? So I can try and not spoil too much.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: January 04, 2012, 06:38:10 pm »

A few days ago I started Gantz.  Stopped after one and a half episodes as it seemed like wanking material for under socialized japanese perverts.

So then I started Kino's Journey.  Not at all what I was expecting but its pretty good so far.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: January 04, 2012, 06:48:45 pm »

Only the first 3 episodes.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: January 04, 2012, 08:39:47 pm »

I think I'll start up Bakemonogatari or Madoka again. Or Kino's Journey.

Quick question about Madoka though. I keep hearing people say that it's a deconstruction of magical-girl shows. I've googled and read up on what it is, but I still don't understand what it is that well, and how it applies to the idea of something being a deconstruction of magical-girl shows. Any help?
The reason it's a deconstruction are spoilers, so I suggest you watch it without gathering any more information. But if you want to know:
Spoiler: Madoka Spoilers (click to show/hide)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: January 04, 2012, 08:53:10 pm »

Excel Saga:

wait what?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: January 04, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »

Excel Saga:

wait what?

This is the appropriate response after finishing the series.

If you wish to watch more WTF animes, I suggest Gintama.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: January 04, 2012, 08:56:28 pm »

Only the first 3 episodes.
Excel Saga:

wait what?
Pretty much.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:02:43 pm by Darvi »
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 2193