Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066008 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #10020 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:13 pm »

Woah, I just tried Melty Blood ReACT, I don't think I ever want to go back to the old engine.  French Bread are amazing.  In ReACT it's like I'm tearing down the other guys throat.  Shiki vs. Nanaya fights are amazing.
And now the Mahōtsukai no Yoru demo is out, perfect.  Beat them then play them I guess.
Seen some of the Easter eggs and interesting stuff? Like playing it on Ren's birthday, Ciel and Arc's CROSSCOUNTAH~!, Nero's win quote against Kohaku, etc.
And now the Mahōtsukai no Yoru demo is out, perfect.  Beat them then play them I guess.
Oh hey, what's this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's something interesting...some light Novel writers having a tabletop RPG session.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=373799
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: December 15, 2011, 08:50:44 pm »

Here's something interesting...some light Novel writers having a tabletop RPG session.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=373799
I saw that a few days ago.

It looks AMAZING

The production values in Mahoyo are ridiculous.  It's funny how Nasu still doesn't get voices though.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: December 15, 2011, 10:32:28 pm »

Ahahaha.
In case you couldn't tell, I started watching Clannad recently. Ah, Fuko. So silly.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10023 on: December 16, 2011, 01:16:42 am »

I just finished rewatching it for the fourth time two days ago. I cried more than I have in my whole life in basically every part. It always sort of burns me out for a couple of days. It's one of the few anime that I'd say is better than the source VN. Far better.

You're doing yourself a shame by watching it in such eyecancer stream quality. It's a KyoAni show, so it looks pretty damn nice.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: December 16, 2011, 01:29:04 am »

I know it looks a lot better when I'm not watching it on youtube. I can't be bothered to find it anywhere else tho.
My Sig

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: December 16, 2011, 04:02:41 am »

There's always a variety of versions available on BakaBT. Check the box on the top right.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10026 on: December 16, 2011, 04:24:42 am »

(reply to spammer removed)

in this topic of anime?
or was it a sort of in-the topic answer i couldn't define?

U_U

that said, as long as it's something between the A and the Z categories, i'll have watched it, i'm watching it, i'll watch it.
Nobody will stop me!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:53:13 am by Toady One »
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: December 16, 2011, 04:47:13 am »

Apollo Justice would be next, then Investigations.
Actually it doesn't matter because Investigations is a spinoff. In fact, chronologically speaking, Investigations comes before Apollo Justice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10028 on: December 16, 2011, 11:38:17 am »

Apollo Justice would be next, then Investigations.
Actually it doesn't matter because Investigations is a spinoff. In fact, chronologically speaking, Investigations comes before Apollo Justice.
I was being helpful, unless you want him to play the games in a weird order that doesn't even matter.  :\

You're doing yourself a shame by watching it in such eyecancer stream quality. It's a KyoAni show, so it looks pretty damn nice.
Oh gog yes, their adaption of The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi even changed a bunch of scenes just to be more shiny.  I can't think of many other studios like that besides Ufotable.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: December 16, 2011, 11:44:07 am »

True. True.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: December 16, 2011, 12:03:21 pm »

There's always a variety of versions available on BakaBT. Check the box on the top right.
<3
Thanks.
My Sig

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: December 16, 2011, 12:42:33 pm »

Kagetsu Tohya is basically finished, but apparently I need to delete my save data and replay it in its entirety to get all the CGs so... I've moved it to the 'Fate' pile of not-quite-100%. I'll get the rest of those Tiger Dojo stickers someday...

Preliminary report of Melty Blood:
oh god i am so out of my league
why is the manual so terrible
... mash mash mash
this is kinda great??
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: December 16, 2011, 12:45:31 pm »

I would just jump to Melty Blood ReACT straight away if I were you.  I don't see any advantage of playing the original one first because ReACT is superior in every way.

Also nice to see you finish Kagetsu Tohya.  Nice ending right?  Hohohoho

Nilum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: December 16, 2011, 01:13:42 pm »

Just played a bit of ReACt and yeah, this feels a lot better. though i still have no idea what the hell i'm doing
Ridiculous.  All that it is to be human can be summarised by friendship, love or mecha.

tehc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: December 16, 2011, 04:27:32 pm »

Oh gog yes, their adaption of The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi even changed a bunch of scenes just to be more shiny.  I can't think of many other studios like that besides Ufotable.

SHAFT practically redraw whole shows for the BD releases. Bakemonogatari had it's orange theme changed to purple (or was it the other way around?) and Madoka had everything changed to look a bit more grim.  1 - 2 - 3 - 4. I think it's more a result of them cutting corners to get episodes out the door than genuine stylistic choices, which became totally clear when I read this.
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 2193