Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More creatures  (Read 913 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
More creatures
« on: December 09, 2008, 01:10:38 pm »

Let's think up some interesting beasts to fill out the DF Bestiary!
Post a name and description, and if you want, Raws. Feel free to include features that will be present in the next version, too.

Scree Boar: A large, tusked swine of the mountains. They have coarse greyish-brown hair, sometimes streaked with green from moss and lichen, and can live in temperate and cold mountains easily, and have been known to colonize warmer mountains (though this group is leaner). They are normally docile beings, grazing steep slopes and highlands for the sparse grasses. When angered, they become 900 lb towers of screaming, howling, furious pork. They charge from uphill and gore intruders and attackers to a bloody mist. However, the Scree Boar is slow, lumbering around in battle and unable to easily close with ranged attackers. They are sometimes tamable, and are used both as food (they are prodigious sources of meat and fat), and as a defense, for they are extraordinarily sturdy animals. They grow to have a shoulder higher than a Dwarf's head.

Forest Bat: A bat the size of a cat. These are ugly animals to see, being nearly hairless and having pug faces. They eat rodents and birds, as well as fruits from the tropical climes it inhabits. Forest Bats are adored by Elves and are often kept as pets, though other species have been known to kill them on sight. They also kill the Bats too.

Grobbler: A large, nearly flightless bird often hunted for food. It's a plump bird that thrives in temperate and cold climates. Grobblers are so named for their distinctive call and can be recognized by the brown-black pattern and the large, circular display of feathers on the male.

Mammoth: A living engine of destruction. These creatures, like the Elephant they are related to, are enormous and powerful killers, but unlike the docile Elephant, they are belligerent and actively hunt. They are omnivores, living off of plants and grass, as well as flesh and bone, greatly preferring the latter. Luckily they range through only the colder regions of the world, with thick coats of red-brown hair, meaning that they rarely interact with civilization.

Angel of Armok: A Blood Elemental. The one constant in the universe is Armok, god of blood, and these are amongst it's most direct servants. The Angel of Armok is an otherwise healthy humanoid form, horribly flayed and bleeding from every surface, but not in any apparent pain. Wings of blood emerge from it's back. Everywhere it goes, it leaves a trail of blood, and though it constantly bleeds, it never seems to flood an area or run out of blood. They are incredible fighters, as skilled and fit as any human can possibly be- but can be bested in combat if their heart is destroyed. No other injury will destroy them. Once killed, they dissolve into blood, as do any separated limbs.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:02:24 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More creatures
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:21:55 pm »

I already have mammoths modded in my game, but they're not belligerent, they'll just squish your hunters if they get pissed. Or they'll run away. I can't figure out what makes the difference.

Also, I miss sheep and pigs and goats. Where are they?
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus