Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Antmen Apocalypse - The rise of Golden Vengeance  (Read 22140 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Antmen Apocalypse - Turn 1 - The rise of Golden Vengeance
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2008, 06:48:40 am »

Not being foolish enough to go it alone I try and get together a group and go hunting after that bear the scaly Kobolds were worshiping, and if that doesn't work then I will go scouting around the area and not engage anything too tough for me (don't wanna die yet :D)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2008, 02:14:34 pm »

((Note: Ston=turn. No, I won't define it further then that, and no, my names won't get any better.))

"...And as you can see sir, there are more werewolves then we thought. We should increase the taxes." Gedorsog advised Nirur Torir the next ston.

"No. We cannot risk upsetting our fine dwarves further. Lower the bounty to 100 gold coins per werewolf. This will--" Nirur Torir was interrupted by a knock at the door. His messenger entered, bearing news about Idenir the miner, who had fallen on and absorbed Earth Stones.

"That's interesting. Recruit him into the wizard's guild, and have the rest of the wizards each try to absorb one stone."

"It shall be done." Saying that, the messenger left.

"Ged, have the military lock up the rest of the Earth Stones to ensure there are no more such accidents. With that done, send out a messenger to our camp observing the ruins. They're not an immediate threat to us. Have them break camp and return home. Have our scouts search the surrounding areas for good areas for military outposts."

"Sir, I don't--" Gedersog interrupted.

"I do. After that's done, send out one of the steamships with a small military crew and enough rations for a few Stons along the coast to the north, and another to the south, looking for additional settlements. Let it be done."

Gedorsog left the room in annoyance. Shrugging, the king left as well, to mingle with the populace.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 05:50:23 pm by Nirur Torir »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2008, 04:42:37 pm »

small update on the text(still page 4), not much happened since the last thing you read. still working on it.

and a day i'll get to the time in which the story happens. maybe.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2008, 09:29:49 pm »

Inaluct, get in here and post! :P

Guess that brings up a good point, are we going to have an inactivity policy?

Also, Dwarfaholic, you bought the items last turn, so if you wanted more actions than just healing Kashyyk, you should post them.
I wouldn't think healing one person would be a full action, judging by the last turn.
I'd say they're no less than a full-day, an up to a week.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2008, 09:43:04 pm »

WAIT WAIT I'M HERE

Inaluct goes to the mines, where he stays on the fringes of the groups of miners. If a werewolf attacks, he plans to pierce it's skull like the golden drill of heaven.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2008, 10:11:10 pm »

one day the old birdwoman set out from her hut, flew straight to the kings palace and when the guards tried to stop her the only response was "get out of my way you buffoon" followed by her pushing the guard aside. Going stright up to the king she demands "Send for the earth gems.".
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
Re: Antmen Apocalypse - The rise of Golden Vengeance
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2008, 01:26:20 am »

Can we train ourselves? If we can, I spend the time I'm not following Kashyyk or healing him training with my axe.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2008, 02:19:14 am »

Well, I'm sure that with the fort pop being around 200, that there's always several dwarves sparring.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2008, 07:14:38 am »

((The king is a dwarf in a newly founded colony. There is no palace yet, and he is underground. This hasn't been stated yet, but I did say I was mingling with the populace.))

The king, upon being approached by the rather direct bird woman, calmly signed a piece of paper, and handed it to her. "Give this to the guards guarding the gems. They'll get you one gem, but that's all we can spare."

Once the bird woman left, Nirur Torir continued on his way to the nearest eatery. Upon reaching it, he began to complain to one of his guards. "This place is the best we have? Send for a messenger, and get to work building a new tavern. No mountain home is complete without a great place to drink and meet up with friends or like minded people."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2008, 07:51:50 am »

Flint nailed a post to a wall in the drinking hall it simply stated "Heroism and adventure have the men look up to you and the ladies worship you see Flint the lands newest hero for details."

With that taken care of he found a quiet spot to sit and wait for the callers, however a thought soon dawned on him. 'Nobody knows me' he smacked himself on the forhead and quickly change the message which read "Heroism and adventure have the men look up to you and the ladies worship you, see the man here (an arrow pointing left <---) for details.

Just then Flint was startled by an old man sitting behind him "So going on a hunt are we?"
Flint jumped and immediately positioned himself into an amature karate stance
"Sheez don't sneak up on me like that, and how do you know it's a hunt the message specifies no details?" Flint exclaimed a little too camly
"Oh but I have always known." The old mans eyes widened
Flint gaped "Are you a seer old man?"
The man's eyes went back to normal "Oh no I was just pulling your leg my friend, I knew because you spent the whole day before running around this place asking people to hunt with you...You didn't have much luck did ya?"
Flint looked abashed and embarrased at the same time...it was really an interesting combination of emotions.
"Well are you interested then?"
"Hmm I suppose so."
(assuming I can have a companion travel with me I agree to let him on board if not then I politely refuse.)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2008, 11:15:40 am »

Dwarfaholic walks past a poster about adventuring opportunities.

Pointing it out to Kashyyk, he exclaims:

"Well, look over," he paused, downed another glug of "Magic Juice", and continued: "there. There's a poster about adventuring,", another glug, "opportunities. We could use some help, y'know," glug, "for killing those werewolves."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2008, 11:30:57 am »

Why are there no alchemy supplies in the shop?

Anyhow:

Berdok walked from store to store, looking for some healing supplies. Things just weren't as readily available as they used to be. He sighed. He missed the old lands, where he could actually make a living by having patients come to him. Now, everyone seemed to be in cave collapses and be shot with arrows and have sparring accidents.

As he was walking, he passed a sign. It read something about heroism and adventure. He stopped.

"A hero?" Berdok said aloud. It seemed a better life than this, holding up his measly 40 gold he managed to earn yesterday. He still had his bow at home, more of a wall hanger than an actual weapon. And the King did commission some free bundle stacks...

No. No, it was much too dangerous. But, then again, so was being anywhere near these dwarves while they worked. As he thought this, a nearby dwarf fell, landing on his own pickaxe he was carrying and smashing a neighboring dwarf into a wall. The fallen dwarf managed to get back up, pulling the pick out of his shoulder, while the one that smashed into the wall, who bleeding from the ears, got back up and started fighting with the other.

Yeah, it was probably safer. He walked over to the man, asking if he had need of a doctor on his adventure.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2008, 02:11:23 pm »

Kashyyk thought about what dwarfaholic said, and decided that it would be a nice idea to join in on the adventures.
"I'm guessing since you poiunted it out you wish to go?" He asked, smiling at his friend.
"As if you do, I might as well join."

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2008, 02:18:04 pm »

Dwarfaholic took another glug from his bottle.

"Now all we gotta go", glug, "is find this 'Flint'.", glug.

"Also, how's the wound?" Dwarfaholic attempts to chug some more Magic Juice, but notices the little flask is empty. Frowning, he hides it in his Cat Leather Armor, and produces another, identical one.

"I gotta brew up a new batch this evening..."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2008, 02:24:59 pm »

"It is getting better thanks," Kash replied, "Do you think we should try and find him now, or next Ston?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15