Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Antmen Apocalypse - The rise of Golden Vengeance  (Read 22128 times)

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Antmen Apocalypse - The rise of Golden Vengeance
« on: December 09, 2008, 11:52:24 am »

Having played Werewolf (and mafia), I decided to start my own werewolf game. Only with few additions. And another few. And a few more. Well, now it doesn't look very much like werewolf, and I haven't even finished the additions. It's more like Majesty and Civilization.

So now it's a deadly Majesty/Civilization/Werewolf mix.

Feel free to sign up, the game will probably start at the end of the week. There is no player limit. However, be wary that the game will be quite slow-paced (probably a turn per two days), and I also don't have very good writing skills (and my english grammar is bad sometimes, too), so don't expect too much.

Any suggestions are welcome. And please point out the parts of the rules which you feel are stupid/too complicated/etc.

Now, to the rules!

The rules:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The roles:

The races:

The story!

Players so far:
1. webadict [Birdman Doctor]
2. inaluct [Human Warrior]
3. Flintus10 [Human Warrior]
4. Kashyyk [Dwarf TankWarrior]
5. Dwarfaholic [Dwarf Doctor]
6. Nirur Torir [Dwarf King]
7. Armok [Birdman Oracle]
8. andrea [Dwarf Scout]
9. n9103 [Birdman Merchant]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:12:49 am by Banzayatc »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolf. Or not. Anyway, Werewolf WIP.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:35:05 pm »

As cool as it sounds, it's just too easy for the villagers to win in this one... And the Druid? He could just simply cure the Werewolves. There, problem solved.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:44:23 pm »

It does have a lot of balancing to do. And that's one of my weak points. About druid: I specifically stated that both the druid and the werewolf have to agree to cure lycanthropy. And I thought that not much werewolves will want to be cured.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 01:49:13 pm »

Only other problems I see are the attack rolls. I don't know if they're balanced. Just do some simulations on them.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 01:57:49 pm »

What do you mean by 'simulations'? And this is the only problem you see for now. I'll be adding more later, so you'll see more problems. :)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 02:03:15 pm »

What do you mean by 'simulations'? And this is the only problem you see for now. I'll be adding more later, so you'll see more problems. :)
By simulations, I mean determine the probability of any one person being able to kill another person. Usually, this should be to determine how likely it is to kill a werewolf, but you can do matchings with the Vigilante, too.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »

Okay, I'll think about it.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 02:22:59 pm »

And I thought that not much werewolves will want to be cured.

Unless you're the only werewolf left. If you admit you are a werewolf and get 'cured', then you become a civilian...meaning you automatically win.

I don't see this as a werewolf game at all, more of a game based off Werewolf. An RPG, sorta. But meh.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 02:25:56 pm »

Yes, it'll probably evolve to a rpg. I noticed that it's not a werewolf game already, too.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolf. Or not. Anyway, A Werewolf Based RPG, WIP.
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 05:16:36 pm »

I haven't even read the rules yet, but I'm reserving a spot.  :P

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 05:25:35 am »

I'll reserve a spot

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 12:30:48 pm »

sod it, I'll have a spot.

Suggestion for a role:
Butcher/Baker/Grocer - These people provide the food to the rest of the town. They know who they sell their food to with guess work should be able to work out who is wolf and who not.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 01:21:00 pm »

Oh, er, strip me from that list. I'm planning my own little werewolf game in the near future, and with that, the Angolan game, mods, and a novel about religious empires...yeah, er, I don't think I'll have time. Sorry for that.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 02:28:41 pm »

Since the game isn't very werewolf-like already, maybe it's better to make it something like Majesty (with mayor as the mayor, and other players as units)? Maybe it would quite fun.

For those who don't know waht Majesty is - it's an RTS with non-direct control, so units don't directly obey your commands, but you can place a reward for doing a task, and if reward is high enough, they do it. The player still controls the layout of the town and several other things (for those of you who aren't satisfied with this description, try reading the Wikipedia article)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 02:41:47 pm »

Since the game isn't very werewolf-like already, maybe it's better to make it something like Majesty (with mayor as the mayor, and other players as units)? Maybe it would quite fun.

For those who don't know waht Majesty is - it's an RTS with non-direct control, so units don't directly obey your commands, but you can place a reward for doing a task, and if reward is high enough, they do it. The player still controls the layout of the town and several other things (for those of you who aren't satisfied with this description, try reading the Wikipedia article)
I love that game. You can get it for really cheap, too. The problem is, what does the reward money do? What's the whole point of doing anything?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15