Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Antmen Apocalypse - The rise of Golden Vengeance  (Read 22141 times)

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Antmen Apocalypse - Turn 1 - The rise of Golden Vengeance
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2008, 04:02:26 pm »

Yes, well... ummm :-[... well, let's say that you have unlimited ammo. For now.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2008, 04:08:37 pm »

Yay! I've finally made the turn! Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Overall:
Not many events happened since the foundation of the town. Some of the townspeople died, some were born... The werewolves' attacks became a little more often... Some miner uncovered an underground lake...
However, there was one event of note. A young miner, while hauling another 'earth gem' to the pile, accidentaly stumbled over a rock and fell onto the pile... The witnesses aren't sure waht happened next, but it seems that he absorbed the gems into himself. After that he stood in terror for a few seconds, and then ran off.
Through a wall. The wizards think that the gems gave some magic powers to the miner, and that they may be the source of magic in these lands.
-----
Berdok (webadict) - You healed a Urist McMiner. Then you healed another one. And another one... Soon, your purse was full with shiny coins given by grateful Urists. In fact, one of them was so grateful that he gave you a free drink of "Majic Juice". It had an excellent taste, and you couldn't resist drinking it again... After seeing the results of your 'healing' made while drunk, you decided to stop your practice for a while, so nobody would throw you to jail for doing *this* to the poor miners. You got a total of 40 coins for healing, and spent 6 coins on food.

Inaluct (inaluct) - You joined the military in hopes of finding some werewolves to kill. You managed to run into a werewolf while patrolling with them. You landed the first blow to the beast while it was feasting on a corpse of some unfortunate dwarf, and you managed to pin it to the earth. Infortunately, it survived thanks to its innate toughness, and even managed to strike back! Your armor was barely scratched, and a bolt fired by a dwarf striked the werewolf in the head, killing it. You got a reward, split between you and the dwarf. 5 gold from mining, 100 gold for killing the werewolf, 6 gold spent on food.

Flint (Flintus10) - You slept. And slept. And slept. Finally, getting tired of sleeping, you walked from your bed and looked around for some jobs. You noticed a reward for accompanying the scouts, and thought that it is good enough for you. So you went with them to their new camp and helped in observing the creatures. Not much can be observed without disturbing them, but you managed to gather some information anyway. The creatures look similar to kobolds, but instead of fur their body is covered with red scales, and their teeth are bigger than kobolds'. They seem to be worshipping some kind of bearlike creature, which wanders around the ruins from time to time. That's all information you've got for now. 25 gold for going with scouts, 6 gold spent on food.

Kashyyk (Kashyyk) - You joined the miners in their hard work, and soon became obsessed with it. You dug with indwarven force, rock shards were striking in your face but you didn't notice it, the other dwarves shouted something to you... well, you should've paid attention at least to that last thing. A stream of water poured from the earth after one of your strikes. The stream expanded fast, and soon it overflowed the tunnel you were in. You managed to retreat, and, thankfully, the water stopped soon. You now have a nice underground lake. You also ran into a werewolf ambush while patrolling with dwarven squad. 15 gold for mining, 6 spent on food, 200 gold reward.

Dwarfaholic (Dwarfaholic) - You decided to visit a shop before joining Kashyyk. Wandering around for a while, you spotted a shop with "Na'Ine's finest". You heard some good things about the shop, and decided to visit it. Inside you found a nicely decorated room, filled with display cases featuring all sorts of weapon and armor, and even some potions. You picked a nice {something} for yourself, but the price was quite high, and you tried to haggle with the merchant. However, you didn't manage to convince him to reduce the price even a little bit, so you had to buy it for full price. After that, you joined Kashyyk, and soon ran into a werewolf ambush. {some} gold spent on {something}, 6 gold on food, 200 gold reward.

Tcirgin'oo (Armok) - You made a hut on top of the highest oak in the forest. It was a hard job, but soon you were finished. As soon as you entered it, you felt a wave of reinvigorating energy passing through you and walls glowed with soft green light for a moment. Then the feeling passed, but from now on, anytime you needed to eat, the same wave of energy passes through you, and you are satiated. That happens for no apparent reason.

Urist (andrea) - You bought some food and water from the merchants, and wandered off to explore the mountain. Soon you noticed a small river running high in the mountain. Climbing up to investigate, you noticed that this river runs from a small cave entrance. You climbed close enough to hear some growling from it, and descended back to the base of the mountain. You've made a camp there, and stopped to rest. At night, a lone wolf attacked you. However, he was quickly felled by your bolt, and you skinned him after waking up. You've made a breakfast with the wolf meat, and soon returned to the town with the news. 6 gold spent on food.

Na'Ine (n9103) - You've built a shop, spending a huge sum of gold on it. After finishing with the preparations, you threw a small celebration party, and then just wandered off to sleep. You were awakened by some dwarf in a leather armor. He said that he's a doctor, and that he needed {something}. You thought about the relation of these, and then decided not to complain. Selling the {something} to the now happy dwarf, you fell asleep again. 180 gold spent on preparations, 70 from the king, {some} gold from selling the {something} to Dwarfaholic, 6 spent on food.
-----
Battle: Dwarfaholic+Kashyyk+dwarves vs the werewolves
The first one to spot the werewolf was Kashyyk. With battle cry, he charged at the beast, but it skillfully evaded his attack and ran. Throwing away any caution Kashyyk chased him, and the other dwarves followed. After several minutes of chasing the werewolf the group came to a dead end. There was no sign of the werewolf, so Kashyyk spat on the ground and turned to go back, but the way was blocked with three werewolves. He sighed, and then attacked the closest werewolf, slicing his head off. The two remaining werewolves flanked him and tried to grab him. The first werewolf grabbed him by the leg and dropped him down. The second werewolf clawed Kashyyk a few times, but a Dwarfaholic's crossbow bolt killed him in place. The remaining beast managed to escape, unfortunately.
Dwarfaholic healed some of Kashyyk's wounds, but haven't managed to cure them all.

-----
Equipment and skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 06:21:02 am by Banzayatc »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2008, 04:11:38 pm »

How about a Kingdom stockpile amount (brought over), and the King is willing to supply a stack or two of bolts/ammo to each adventurer for the first couple weeks to assist in dealing with the werewolf menace?
Takes the pressure off of finding an immediate supply, without leaving it open to being truly unlimited

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2008, 04:14:36 pm »

unlimited ammo :-\

but it seem i found a nice place. i oculd make an hidden retreat there somehow.

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2008, 04:16:18 pm »

I like your idea, n9103, I think I'll use it.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2008, 04:27:29 pm »

glad to be of service!
I don't suppose I can make an automatic free-action to do an inventory each turn I'm in the fortress?

ACTION: Tend shop, get in some sparring with my axe, offer a free healing potion to that one dwarf if I can recognize him, for being my first customer.

Oh, and just to help any potential customers, I've perma-linked my store in my signature.
Assuming I'm at the shop, It's sure to be accurate. (wonder how much hiring an assistant would be)

EDIT: Added some low quality wooden ammunition to the shop, just to be able to say it's there.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 05:14:43 pm by n9103 »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2008, 04:47:52 pm »

I practice my alchemy! Must get better!!!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2008, 05:08:33 pm »

i'll go to a butcher to learn, then i go hunting. i sell skins to tanner and bones to craftdwarves

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2008, 06:19:24 pm »

I ask dwarfaholic to heal me and pay him 20g for it. I then go visit n9103's shop and buy a -iron large shield-. If possible I then rejoin the miners.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:24:11 pm by Kashyyk »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2008, 06:22:56 pm »

Kashyyk, I only have the exact items listed for sale.

There's an -Iron Large Shield- and a *Steel Buckler*.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2008, 06:23:52 pm »

sorry, I merged the two there. I'll have the -iron large shield-

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2008, 08:22:25 pm »

Awesom! No food need I! I got so inspired I even made an image as you can see!

for this turn: The old birdwoman grew more and more suspicious and secretive, who first used the word "witch" is not know, but it's certain she made her part in deserving it if not as much as some said, "she lives alone in a treetop, never talks to anyone, and don't seem to ever eat, do you have any OTHER explanation? that woman is up to no good.", she was particularly firm on one thing; she refused to get closer that a rocks throw to anyone without first having seen them in the eyes.
I spend my time reading in my hut, or out in the forest doing herb lore experiments. I collect various small rodents that I put in crude cages in my hut in order to test the herbs on. If there is a library I read up on most anything useful there.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2008, 01:07:00 am »

for some odd reason, that picture totally looks like it belongs in Paper Mario

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2008, 02:11:37 am »

I buy 3 healing potions (80g), and an Iron Battleaxe (100g).

I heal Kashyyk.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2008, 06:11:26 am »

...and an +Iron Battleaxe+ (100g)...
Don't forget the quality.. could be the difference between lopping off a hand, and chopping a body in half.

Looks like I made a decent selection of items.
I was having a lot of trouble to start with, trying to get a balance between quality and quantity (turns out that if I wanted any variety, both had to be relatively low to start)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15