Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Antmen Apocalypse - The rise of Golden Vengeance  (Read 22118 times)

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Antmen Apocalypse - The rise of Golden Vengeance
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2008, 07:56:52 am »

Oh well, sorry for a really long update (and it's not even worth the wait, it's a standard one), but I had lack of inspiration lately :P.

Overall:
Nothing of interest this month. (nah, I was just too lazy to think of something :P. maybe add something soon)
-----
Berdok (webadict) - Trying to improve your alchemy skills you attempt to make some potions, and maybe invent a few recipes. Unfortunately, you failed miserably. The first potion you tried to make exploded, burning some of your hair, and you decided not to tempt your luck further. The good news is that you memorized the recipe, and now you can make very unstable explosive potions. You take one with you as you go on the adventure. 6 gold spent on food.

Inaluct (inaluct) - You continued to patrol the mines in hopes of protecting the dwarves, but didn't run into any werewolves. Instead, a werewolf ran into you. He managed to jump at you from behind and drop you down, attacking you a few times. You turned back to retaliate, but the werewolf was already running from you. You tried to follow him, but soon the werewolf was lost in the winding tunnels and you had no choice but turn back. You also drank your healing potion, which healed some of your wounds. You'll still need to visit a doctor for full healing, though. 6 gold spent on food.

Flint (Flintus10) - You set off on your kobold-hunting adventure with a bunch of other adventurers. The old man you met in the tavern follows you, grumbling something about his reumathism. The only posessions this old man has are a backpack (empty, however) and a walking stick. "My name is Bodb, if you wish to know. I'm surprised about your rudeness! You didn't even ask my name when I started talking with you! In MY days..." - he proceeds to grumble something about "young people rudeness nowadays", and you continue your adventure. 6 gold spent on food.

Kashyyk (Kashyyk) - You thought that little mining before starting the hunt wouldn't hurt. You were right. This time, your mining obsession was a little more controlled, so you didn't do any foolish things, like digging straight into a large body of water. Instead, you carefully mined out the areas around them, even doing some smoothing in the process. The miners were so impressed with your work, they gave you double money for your efforts. You also gained some mining skills in the process. After doing that, you finally set off on your adventures. 50 gold for mining, 85 gold spent on shield, 6 gold spent on food.

Dwarfaholic (Dwarfaholic) - Like other adventurers that are in your group, you make some preparations before starting. And your preparations are essentialy brewing more booze. In fact, you brewed much more booze than you could carry, so you had to sell some of it to the town's inns. They were quite grateful for your famous 'Magic Juice', and paid a handful of gold for each of the ten barrels you sold. You didn't sell everything, though, so now you have five barrels of booze in your backpack. It's quite heavy, but you're a dwarf, so it doesn't bother you. Prepared for anything, you start the adventure.
100 gold from selling your homebrew, 6 gold spent on food.

Tcirgin'oo (Armok) - Your herb experiments and reading didn't lead to anything good, but they didn't lead to anything bad, either. In fact, they didn't lead to anything. However, the case with the king was much more succesfull. After completing your ritual with the pile of gems, you put the king's hand on it. The gems were immediately absorbed, and you felt Nirur Torir's skin hardening in your grip. The energy that passed through the king's body stayed within you as well, hardening your body, making it less prone to damage and making your movements more stiff. You also felt that this energy may be used to produce some external effects, but it will require more study before it'd work.(the same applies to Nirur Torir)

Urist (andrea) - You visited a butcher to learn butchering, but you failed miserably. Ashamed by your failure, you decide to go punish some random animals for that. "It's all your fault!" - you mumble while shooting a deer. "And your, too!" - a fox shot. "And your!" - a bear down... wait, a bear? No, that's not the kobold-bear, that's just an ordinary beer. Getting tired of revenge, you skin all of those animals and go too sleep. Your sleep is suddenly interrupted by sounds of battle in the distance, but you were too tired to go investigate. 20 gold for selling wolf remains, 20 gold spent on training, 6 gold spent on food.

Na'Ine (n9103) - This time, you got two visitors at once. One was a dwarf armed with two weapons and clad in a full steel plate, and the other was some farmer, by the looks of him. The two-weapon dwarf (he said his name is Kashyyk) bought a -iron large shield- and departed on some adventure. The farmer dwarf bought a +kitten leather armor+ for at least a little protection against the werewolves. You also practiced with your axe, becoming so obsessed with it that you managed to destroy all the training dummies during the training, and you had to spend some gold to buy replacements. 85 from Kashyyk, 6 spent on food, farmer dwarf bought a +Kitten Leather Armor+ from you for 85 gold, training dummies for 40 gold, shop maintenance 15 gold.
-----
The kobold-bear-hunting adventure!
With all preparations done, the group of Flint, Berdok, Kashyyk, Dwarfaholic and Bodb sets off to hunt the bear. Maybe it was sheer luck, but it was going exactly as planned. First, the group prepared an ambush for this bear. Then the bear wandered exactly in the ambush, they attacked it from all sides - Kashyyk charged at him with his axe, Berdok threw his explosive potion, Flint leapt at him from above with his zweihader in his hands, Dwarfaholic shot a bolt at him and even Bodb managed to do something useful -  he suddenly threw his walking stick away, pulled a shortbow seemingly out of howhere and fired at the bear. Unfortunately, the kobolds didn't worship this bear for nothing. As soon as he saw Kashyyk running at him, he released a mighty roar, and then stood on his rear paws and clapped his front ones. Kashyyk was stunned by the resulting shockwave, Bodb's arrow and Dwarfaholic's bolt fell to the ground,
potion exploded while flying, only slightly burning the bear, and only Flint managed to overcome the effects and strike the bear in the back. His zweihander tore the bear's skin apart, but didn't kill it. The bear turned around and tried to hammer Flint into the ground. Flint's armor managed to absorb the blow partially, but he was still wounded by this attack. At that point, Kashyyk finally managed to shrug off the stunning, and charged at the bear from behind, but its hard skin deflected the blow completely. Dwarfaholic, Berdok and Bodb fired simultaneously, and Dwarfaholic's bolt pierced the god's head, while Berdok's arrow striked in its chest. The bear realised that he's probably going to lose this battle, and tried to retreat, but he was killed by Kashyyk's axe before he could escape. You returned home to claim your reward afterwards.
So now you have a corpse of bear and 500 gold. Split it between yourself as
you see fit.
-----
Equipment and skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:10:21 am by Banzayatc »

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2008, 08:46:34 am »

"Well, that was easy. I say we split the money as Flint suggested."

Glug.

"Now, y'all look wounded. Mind if I help?"

Glug.

"Of course,", Dwarfaholic continued, "it'll costa ya."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2008, 09:08:16 am »

After the Earth Gem infusion, the king thanked the bird woman, and sent her on her way with a guard to carry her chest of gold. Within minutes of her departure, Ged burst in. "Sir, I have some bad news. I'm afraid that one of our hunters stumbled upon the corpse of the kobold's bear-god. Its wounds were clearly from dwarven weapons."

"WHAT?!?! Impossible. None of our dwarves would be that reckless."

"I'm afraid its true, Nirur."

"Ged, I am putting you in charge of finding the dwarves responsible for this, and putting them to justice."

"As you wish, my liege."

As Ged left the room, the king sent out one of his guards to alert the military that enraged kobolds would surely be attacking soon.

-------------------------

The cloaked figure again approached the group, who were clearing wondering where their money was. He threw a few pouches of gold on the table, and left again, without a word.

-------------------------

Later that same day, Ged returned to the king's chambers. "Sir, I have found those responsible, and they have suffered the consequences of their actions."

"Excellent. Now leave me; I need to concentrate. If we're to be attacked, I need to figure out how to use magic before I actually need it. If I can only figure out how to melt the earth around somebody's feet, I'll be able to stick them in place for easy target practice."

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2008, 09:33:18 am »

'all these skins, and nobody to buy it! there must be a way to get some gold from them' thought Urist while walking in the city, the day after his "hunting" night, with the sun high in the sky; after such a tring night he just woke up, and didn't want to hunt again, and probably it wasn't worth the effort, is was barely enough to pay for food.
the wind was blowing from east when suddenly he could feel an horrible smell in the air. Urist , looking for the place from which it came, found a workshop, a small wooden building near the entrance of the mountain, something rare in a dwarven city; looking from the window he saw raw sking, leather and lye, a tanner workshop obviously, and an idea came in his mind: he could tan the skins and try to make something. during the times spent at the mountainhome in the old continent, he met a tanner, Mistem, who told him something about tanning.
' for a basic tanning all i should need is some lye.. what did Mistem say? water and ash, and it is all ok. she was drunk, true, but maybe it works. then, if i buy the tools i need i can work the leather.. if i have enough to make an armor i could use my own to understand how it is made. and even if i won't be able to do it... looking from windows isn't a crime. and while i make a fire for ash, i might as well cook the meat'
thinking that, Urist started walking toward the woods to get branches.

i HATE not being able to continue the story :( but if i tell everything, there is no rolling to be done.

Urist stays in the city the whole turn. if you people want to speak with me, feel free to do so. Urist, however, don't like strangers. not saying he is like the first Urist, but you must understand that he had hard times, and he isn't quick to make friends now. hardened by the times in which he lives i guess.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 22, 2008, 10:35:48 am »

"You do realize that I'm a doctor too, right?" Berdok said, the Dwarf glaring at him. "I can have you all healed by nightfall. I might even have some time to practice a little more Alchemy... maybe. It'll even be free of charge," the bird said, taking his 100 gold from the pile (Though, not without everyone counting each piece as it left the table). "I shall be back in a bit. I'll need to grab some Alchemy equipment."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2008, 11:37:04 am »

Inaluct wanders around town, looking for a doctor.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2008, 11:46:30 am »

After hearing rumor and speculation about the goings on of the odd kin-folk that had been seen meeting with the king, and something about earth gems being involved, Na'Ine had been keeping an eye out, hoping to catch some time with a kin-folk, both to socialize, and perhaps learn something more of the gems, perhaps even acquiring one for himself.

(more actions will follow, but this is it for the moment.)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2008, 07:38:19 pm »

"Like hell I will pay you for healing." unfortunately Flints dislocated knee put foward it's case by sending sharp pains thrugh his body. "Ack ummm Bodb could you spring for this one please?" Bobd who had just been counting his 80 gold coins from the pile mumbled something unpleasant and tossed 20 of his gold to Dwarfaholic, who proceeded to snap his knee back into place very painfully "Arrrr te subtle art of *hic* medi...medice..." Dwarfaholics face was know completely taken by concentration as he attempted to sound out the word. "Well ummm yeh cheers guys I will see ya's later anyhow." Flint grabbed his 120 gold and left Dwarf to his troubles.

As Flint left he noticed Bobd still following him. "Ummm guess we are companions for the long haul then?" "Well yer seem a nice enough fellow, and plus I need someone to look after my 12 daughters when I am dead." "Uhhh yeah I can do that..."

Flint and Bobd wandered through town for awhile Bobd was forced to buy a new walking stick however for all his money he managed to get a cheap nice sword cane from a local vendour. While with Flint's knee still quite damaged there would be no adventuring so the two just practiced their fighting skills instead.

(Flint gets another 120 gold Bobd gets 80 but spends 20 on healing(which goes to dwarfaholic) Flint and 60 on a cheap sword cane.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:22:55 am by Flintus10 »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2008, 08:35:21 pm »

This turn I spend in my hut, learning things about the world and those that live in it; biology, chemistry, earth magic, semi-magic herb lore. As before I catch small rodents in cages that I use to experiment on. I also put up a storage of various parts of various creatures, like newt eye and roster spleen.

"The kin-folk talk to you want, but the kin-folk does not freely let their secrets go."
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2008, 04:33:00 pm »

Kashyyk returned to the miners with his 100g, smiling to himself. He decided, after helping the miners some more, to look for a pick of his own to buy. He also gave his address to the other members of his group. Just in case they wanted to drop by for some reason.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2008, 05:52:02 pm »

Berdok returns to an empty table, dismayed. Oh well, I'll practice some more alchemy, he thought solemnly. Maybe I'll make some plant growing formula...

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2008, 05:13:59 pm »

Coming away from the passing conversation with the recluse kin-folk, none the wiser about the mysteries of the land, Na'Ine decides to tackle the problem head on, searching of some sort of magical connection, through meditation or what-have-you, that he could make with the residual Earth gems that he picked for the site of the store.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2008, 05:07:22 pm »

This dead or what?
Granted, I didn't expect any posts Thursday, but it's been 4 days since anyone else posted at all.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2008, 07:25:16 pm »

I am keeping an eye on it but my turn is posted and so is everyone elses I think

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2008, 05:52:23 am »

yes. we need banzayatac.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15