Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stoned  (Read 1588 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: Stoned
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 04:10:55 pm »

No one seems to have mentioned catapaults?  I usually use about 6 training 'pults that I move around my fortress, just aim them at a wall and blast away, its only semi cheating.  Im working on an indoor range with goblin targets at the moment.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 07:24:23 pm »

I usually use excess stone to build massive floors above ground (or building floors to make ceilings so my dwarves dont get rained on when they are on guard duty.

Dont pass up a chance to ditch crappy stone in favor of expanding your fortress (above ground, that is). Massive guardhouses, towers, triple layered walls (with fortifications at each Z level), catapults, stone traps inside of proper gatehouses (two sets of gates, with murderholes/stone traps in the middle in case of unwanted visitors).

I tell you, this game really needs proper seiges with equipment that can destroy doors/gates/walls/whatever. It would make the blood more entertaining.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 12:57:12 am »

Make lots of grates. Grates can be laid on plain floor and can be used to spice up your decorations a bit. They have a greater value than a simple floor and can invoke happy thoughts. Several thousand of them will greatly increase the aesthetic value of your fortress.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 02:35:59 am »

Make lots of grates. Grates can be laid on plain floor and can be used to spice up your decorations a bit. They have a greater value than a simple floor and can invoke happy thoughts. Several thousand of them will greatly increase the aesthetic value of your fortress.
<dwarf female> holy Armok! whose idea was to put those grates where I work? I can't freakin' move with my *high heels* stuck in those freakin' holes!
<dwarf miner> I can't move my ore cart(hopefully soon to be implemented) because of those freaking grates!
<both>On a second thought, theese are so finely crafted grates...
<dwarf from a different fort>meh, I've just dined in a legendary dining room
Pages: 1 [2]