Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 428343 times)

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Foggy Barbs
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2009, 02:39:21 am »

=( i hope i dont get beat to death by the hammer i so much want.
WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2009, 02:43:58 am »

=( i hope i dont get beat to death by the hammer i so much want.

Nah I think your chances are pretty good.  You got armor and a shield, plus wrestler skill.  He doesnt.  You still have your trusty axe with you too!

Didnt you want to be in the arena?  This is your chance to shine!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2009, 02:48:28 am »

oooh those chances do sound good.

do you have a breeding program(if at all possible, i dunno) for the lizard,frog ect men or even just some animals?
WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2009, 02:25:30 pm »

do you have a breeding program(if at all possible, i dunno) for the lizard,frog ect men or even just some animals?

You cant breed the river monsters (I dont think I could mod that in without starting a new game either).

I am breeding the giant eagels for their coolness, and horses for meat and bones.  I also have a couple foxes cuz I thought it might be funny to force goblin prisoners to fight a swarm of foxes.  But I cant really escalate my breeding program until the children and pets of Blockedlance are...taken care of.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2009, 02:33:18 pm »

Dear Diary,

This new mayor isnt being as much of a loyal silent puppet as I would like.  She is demanding coins.  Never would I have thought there would be so much resistance to the abolition of the capitalist economy.  This mayor is legendary so I suppose she prefers to lord it over evicted peasants who wander the halls because they cant afford even a meager hovel, while SHE should be housed for free!

No Im the only one that this community should support.  I built this community from the terrible ashes.  I fought to survive.  I had to kill several of my own friends.  And now this mountain hall is the greatest in all of Sil Gomath.  The Ageless Matched Lashes was nearly wiped out before me.  No...I shall remake Dwarven society as *I* see fit!!!  No economy!  No coins!

If this mayor doesnt learn to fall in line, Im gonna lock him in his room the way I did that new Tax Collector.

I would have sent him to his death in the arena...but until the deathmatch between Zulaf and Bomrek is over, starvation was more expedient.  Enjoy your last meal you capitalist pig-dog!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:45:37 pm by MrGimp »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2009, 07:21:15 pm »

You cant breed the river monsters (I dont think I could mod that in without starting a new game either).
Actually, you can.  Check the link I posted earlier.  Then remove whatever tokens inhibit river creature breeding.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2009, 08:10:06 pm »

Actually, you can.  Check the link I posted earlier.  Then remove whatever tokens inhibit river creature breeding.

Doh!  I thought it said you couldnt do that.  Ok...but giving them weapons is still out, right?  Ive only ever done a little bit of editing.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2009, 08:34:13 pm »

If you gave them [EQUIPS], they would be able to use them, and would spawn with them. I don't think that they will ever pick up a weapon from the ground to use, though.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2009, 08:35:48 pm »

Yeah, weapons are out.  That would involve adding an entity entry, which would require re-gen.  Making them breed, however, would involve editing a pre-existing non-entity entry, which would not require re-gen.

They wouldn't spawn with weapons with [equips].  I've done that before;  only civees spawn with weapons.  Other things might get their hands on stuff in history, though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2009, 11:05:04 pm »

hehe okay I think I will breed the lizardmen then.  I killed all the frog, mud, and snake men.  Snakemen would have been really cool.

Feh.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2009, 04:14:26 pm »

Sorry, school and work suck today.  I probably wont have an update today or tomorrow.  But feel free to throw out some mod ideas.  I have a few things Im thinking of doing, and I cant incorporate everything, but if you have a good idea I might use it in some form.  So throw it out there, what are some of the things you guys have edited in (bearing in my mind I cant re-gen the world) that were cool?  What are some cool tag combinations?  I need something challenging to take on a fortress of 200+ dwarves.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2009, 04:40:44 pm »

Speaking from what I've found with the orcs, [NOFEAR] and [NOPAIN] go a reasonable way towards making them more difficult. I suspect [NOBLEED] would help too, though it might be a bit harder to justify. As always, increasing size helps (but only to a point, Migrurist (I think...) demonstrated that). Adding a point or three of [DAMBLOCK] and upping their natural damages can help to simulate weapons and armor ([DAMBLOCK:10] is about equivalent to no-quality platemail, and setting their natural damage to 10 or so would be like giving them all no-quality warhammers).

Another idea would be to add [CAN_LEARN], trap them, and then feed tame animals to them to allow them to develop their combat abilities and attributes. The principle is similar to putting captured goblins in rooms with one of your military dwarves to let them gain experience. Start with small things like kittens and slowly work your way up to the larger things like horse foals. It would probably require quite a bit of time, and possibly a massive livestock breeding program, though.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2009, 05:34:07 pm »

If I add a new entry I have to regen.  But what if I completely re-write an old one?  I guess as long as I keep the [CREATURE] tag the same it will work right?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2009, 05:40:13 pm »

If I add a new entry I have to regen.  But what if I completely re-write an old one?  I guess as long as I keep the [CREATURE] tag the same it will work right?
Yep, all except Biomes tags.
Just so I remember

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2009, 10:29:07 pm »

Alright fuck school.  Whats the purpose of studying when I already know everything?

Ok, so I only did a minor bit of editing so far.  But I have to post an update now.......
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 164