Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 427700 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - The Next Generation
« Reply #1755 on: March 26, 2010, 12:49:54 am »

I have discussed solving the riddle and interpreting some of the stranger passages. I have requested help with it. I need help to figure it out. Just because you think the riddle is easy doesn't mean everyone else does.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 26, 2010, 02:20:25 am »

I have discussed solving the riddle and interpreting some of the stranger passages. I have requested help with it. I need help to figure it out. Just because you think the riddle is easy doesn't mean everyone else does.
Then by all means, create a thread for that purpose. Don't clutter a story thread with unspoilered spoilers, and definitely don't fill it with stream-of-consciousness attempts at solving the riddle.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 26, 2010, 09:02:25 am »

MrGimp, what is your take on the situation? It's your thread, after all.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1758 on: March 26, 2010, 10:14:15 am »

Well I didnt mind you giving your thoughts on the adventurer song.  I was hoping more people would get into it.  But I can see others not needing or wanting help, so putting it in spoilers would make everyone happy.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

afrosquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 26, 2010, 03:29:49 pm »

I finally got around to creating an account, after following this thread for a while.

I notice that your fort seems to be lacking in Siege Engineers. I would like to offer my services as one.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 28, 2010, 06:40:22 am »

i got nothing to say

honestly , how did i get stronger then Akigagak? by sitting in the storage room repeatedly?

now , i am right in the god damned storage room , fighting a old warrior who is praised by urist herself?

final words : WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:53:36 am by Ze Spy »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1761 on: March 28, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »

Spaher lunged in slobbering bloodlust, sending Lord Akigagak flying into the storage room wall.  The mightiest warrior of Blockedlance, and its greatest champion for many decades, had been struck down by a fellow dwarf.

Spaher ran out of the storage room shouting madly.  Others took notice and began to flee.  The other military dwarves ran towards the shouting and commotion.

Spaher paused to hack away at a couple horses that were in his way near the top of the stairwell.  He saw the Grand-Duchess at one end of the old workshops and food storage area.  He charged, but his delay in murdering the horses cost him.  He could not get to the Grand-Duchess before one of Lord Dullard's men - a dwarf by the name of Samus - was already hacking away at the mighty berserk dwarf.

Spaher swung round and slammed his axe blade into Samus' gut.  Reeling in pain, Samus fell back behind his arriving squadmates.  One by one the dwarves fell to Spaher's axe.  Even the mighty Lord Dullard was cleaved open and put to death.  Returning to the fight, a wounded Samus joined the tired and wounded Typoman, barely managing to end the killing spree without the loss of their lives.

What a tragic rampage...

The loss was senseless and great.  Samus and Typoman limped away from the fight leaving a trail of blood behind them.  It was not long before they too succumbed to their wounds.  The unofficial Royal Guard, the squad of the Held Lances, was now utterly annihilated.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1762 on: March 28, 2010, 04:03:02 pm »

All hail Akhier Kindsteel, the Drinker of Prices!  He is our new mightiest warrior!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 28, 2010, 04:32:18 pm »

A tragedy. However, good to have a new champion.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: March 28, 2010, 05:18:35 pm »

I suppose someone should point out that it isn't a "new" champion.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1765 on: March 28, 2010, 06:34:35 pm »

Well, hes the new reigning champion.  So that's something!

Sorry Akigagak.    :'(   I was just as shocked at these turn of events as anyone else.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1766 on: March 28, 2010, 06:46:09 pm »

The Queen was devastated upon hearing of the death of Lord Akigagak, as well as the annihilation of the entire Royal Guard.  What was Blockedlance going to do without the Held Lances?  What was Blockedlance to do without Akigagak Citylancers?  The feeling of impending doom was thick in the air.  It was as if the golden age of Blockedlance - had there ever been such a thing - had passed away along with these great champions.

Queen Urist had the dwarves interred in the Valhalla Cave.  Her once vast military was now 5 dwarves, only three of which were any use in a fight.  (one is buggered up and the other is in a coma)

In an attempt to keep her mind off of the tragedies, Urist kept working and tending to fortress administration.  The legendary glassmaker had died several years ago due to lack of shell.  Urist's recent constructions had emptied Blockedlance's glass reserves, and so she made the craftsdwarf Tazgrent the interim glassmaker, until the Grand-Duchess' grandchildren came of age and could be worked.

Xanthius 2.0 had already come of age and replaced his brother Airag as trader.

To keep from being consumed by the recent carnage, Urist kept her focus on her greatest achievement; that of growing a new dwarven lineage of Armok-worshipers.  Jewlettarette had established a massive family already, and now Petbeard and Kurk were making their genetic presence known.  They had four children already, with their eldest son being named 'Johann Schmidt'.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:48:45 pm by MrGimp »

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 28, 2010, 07:05:37 pm »

And soon the Third Reich will return, I mean, Ummmm...

Lol Marvel Comics for the win!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1768 on: March 28, 2010, 07:52:04 pm »

Spring 256

Here we can see the utter devastation of the military, and the five pitiful dwarves remaining.  Our population is held up only by the Dungeon Mistress and Jewelettarette.  Nearly one third of our population is a bratty stupid child.

Not long into spring, one of these stupid children has grown to a useful age.  Yes, Calibur is now a man.

He's an interesting character.  He is in a constant state of internal rage.  Nice!   ;D

He's also an ardent worshiper of Armok and not easily moved to pity.  This new generation is quite a strong stock.

Speaking of the new generation, the Dungeon Mistress has named Johann Schmidt's younger brother 'Afrosquirrel', which is a very ancient and noble dwarvish name. 

He is quite quick to anger, doesn't go out of his way to help others, and is completely disorganized.  He sounds like me!   :)

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 28, 2010, 08:54:38 pm »

aww i died :( to be expected though haha, glad to see i defeated my enemy (with help of course) before kicking the bucket myself.
still following this great story even if i don't post often hehe.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 164