Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 428158 times)

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok!)
« Reply #585 on: May 19, 2009, 04:38:19 pm »

IT'S A TRAP!

Classic. :D How am I doin?
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 19, 2009, 06:14:44 pm »

There is awesome and win in this storyline.

I will stand by to monitor the progression of events.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #587 on: May 19, 2009, 07:13:41 pm »

Thanks everyone for reading this! 

Ill get to the creepy miners and the double backstabbing freemasons in a bit....but first.....

Behold!  Blockedlance, in all her glory!

And here is the overview shot.

Here is the grand dolomite Temple of Armok.  Its entirely dolomite...except for the pillars which are steel.  I dont know why 3Dwarf colors it that way.  But feh.

And heres the view of the fortress proper from the temple entrance.  This is what Urist and the loyalists see when they look outside.  There are marksdwarves all along the walls.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 19, 2009, 09:32:37 pm »

:o

sweet temple

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 19, 2009, 10:03:38 pm »

very sweet temple!

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #590 on: May 19, 2009, 10:37:34 pm »

Amazing temple

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #591 on: May 19, 2009, 10:45:41 pm »

I take it you guys like the temple?   ;D

That temple took 14 years to build.  From 216 - 230.  Im JUST finishing it up.  In the overview shot of the fortress you can see some scaffolding still on the top right corner.  Its been a year long process just to remove the wooden access stairs.

To put into perspective how long that temple took....I started it on page 7.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #592 on: May 21, 2009, 02:35:12 am »

Summer 230

108 dwarves have survived the spring out of 159 that began it.  51 dead.  I have to say Im really proud of that number, I was struggling with that many dead in a year before.  I have learned so much in the art of mass sacrifice.

I got a pretty funny happening on video too...

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1358-suicidalchildpart1

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1359-suicidalchildpart2

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #593 on: May 21, 2009, 02:43:15 am »

Here is a list of the current megaprojects to be completed before the end of the story and their current status...

1 - Project Moat (Complete)
     2 - Temple to Ber Steelearthen Armok (Complete)
     3 - Noble River Cave (Begun)
     4 - Dwarven Valhalla (Begun)
     5 - ? :-\?
     6 - Something for an Adventurer
     7 - The Tomb of Urist

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #594 on: May 21, 2009, 12:36:50 pm »

Eagle lay half-conscious on the farm plots in his cave.  There was an empty barrel next to him, and no more booze in the still.  He'd have to make more, as usual.  Catten was supposed to have been the brewer...that was the entire reason he had come along.  But he brought no barrels, and Eagle had only stored a few.  Only one barrel of booze could be made at a time.  It was a damnable situation.

So Catten had built the still, drank a barrel for himself, fed a barrel to the girl, then taken her upstairs to Eagles old room, which was now Catten's love nest.  Eagle could hear the girls screaming and moaning, and had come down to the farming chamber to get away from it.  He was trying to get wasted and forget about it all, but he kept having to brew more booze.  The more drunk he got, the less able he became to make more booze.  It was a truly vicious circle.

He eventually did work up the energy to brew more booze, which took quite a while in his state.  He wondered what time it was.  He filled his little stone mug from the now filled barrel and stumbled out to the entrance of his cave.  It was early morning, and the air was crisp.  The unholy orb of the sun was just rising behind him over the ridge.  The faint screams of the duchess' daughter echoed out to him, and off to his left there was smoke rising from the ruined fortress courtyard.

Home sweet home, he thought to himself.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:43:00 pm by MrGimp »

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2009, 12:43:20 pm »

Hahah!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #596 on: May 21, 2009, 01:00:22 pm »

Grand Master Mason Myth Keddiden made his way to Reg Craftgranite the Eribite Heir in the old hospital/communal living space.  The Heir to the House of Erib was wounded, his spine damaged.  Of the 17 members of his family, only he and one of his little sisters remained alive.  He was paralyzed and couldnt move.  He was going in and out of constant tantruming.  Urist had ruined him, killing his family and then personally beating him and breaking his back, then leaving him to wallow in his pain and misfortune.

Grand Master Myth was there to seek an alliance with the pitiful dwarf.  The ranks of Freemasonry had been devestated as well during the recent events.  There were in fact only three surviving members who were still alive.  Two more had lived but had joined the Queen in her temple.  Damn Lord Montague!  Damn Aldaris!

"What do you want?" Reg Craftgranite asked.

"Please my lord - "

"Swear an oath of fealty to me as many times as you wish, but a Freemason's loyalties shifts with the winds!"

"Well...look Reg, you need me and I need you.  We are both in tenuous situations, not only threatened by the Queen but by one of these warlords coming in here with their squads and taking over from us," pleaded Myth.

At precisely that moment a marksdwarf that was resting injuries in the bed next to the Heir of the House of Erib leapt up in a rage and flung out his crossbow!!!

Luckily there were still a few loyal guards, and he was quickly cut down.  But it added great emphasis to the Grand Master's words.  Reg Craftgranite and Myth Keddiden decided that since Reg was too weak to rule, and Myth too hated, they would prop up an acceptable candidate as mayor and rule from behind the scenes.  They set to work on finding such a dwarf.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:04:07 am by MrGimp »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 21, 2009, 01:04:03 pm »

Ah, the smell of death.
Reminds me of home.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 21, 2009, 04:33:15 pm »

Oh gods. My hideout has become.....er, i have no idea how to describe it. Only two things to do now: trap the entrance to hell and back, then retreat further underground. Who knows, i might be able to collapse the city.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #599 on: May 21, 2009, 08:08:17 pm »

Eagle sat overlooking the temple and the northern fields of Blockedlance from the entrance of his cave.  The poor girl's suffering was too much.  What was he doing just standing by?  There was no sherrif, no captain of the guard out here.  He knew what he had to do.  His pick was down by the still.  As he walked back in to the cave he could hear her screams.  He shook his head in disgust. 

He travelled down the stairwell, still drunk, and made his way to the pick.  He grabbed it and held it aloft before him.  I'm gonna crush his skull in with this thing, he thought to himself.  Eagle turned to head back upstairs when suddenly he saw the Duchess' daughter behind him!  He was shoked and speechless.  After a moment of silence she spoke.

"Uhhh....like, is there any more wine?"

"Yeah....I just made some," he replied, dumbfounded.  She wasnt handcuffed or frightened in any way.  He filled a stone mug for her then handed it to her.

"Like, thanks," she said right before she starting gulping it down.

"So uh....are you okay?"

"Fer sure.  Why?"

"You know.....Catten," he said awkwardly.  She looked at him puzzled.

"What about him?"  She tried to think of what he meant.  "The plan like totally worked perfectly," she added.

"Plan?"

"Yeah, to get me away from my mother....and all that drama down there," she waved her hand in the direction of the floor, where the fortress of Blockedlance lay below.

"Wait, what?  You were unconscious when he brought you here!"

"Well....Catten said I wouldnt stop complaining about the hike up the mountain.  All I remember is a rag in my face....then I woke up here with you guys and he was giving me wine, and I was like, thats totally cool.  Y'know?  You weirded me out a little...thats why I like, didnt say anything."

"*I* weirded you out?" he said stunned. 

"Dont get all butthurt, tee hee!" she laughed.  She handed him an empty mug.  "Is there anymore wine?"

"Yeah yeah...." he mumbled as he filled it up and handed it back to her.  "But he's had you tied up the entire time.  Everytime Ive seen you....youre bound and gagged!  And naked!!!"

"Hey, dont judge me!  I like what I like.....it's different for girls.  Plus hes been giving me some nice powder."

"QUARCAINE???!!!  You guys are sniffing quarcaine in my cave?!?!?!" Eagle shouted.

"Jeeze....it's not a big deal.  See...this is why you weirded me out..." she said as she turned away.  "Im going back upstairs, thanks for the wine!"

Eagle stared in a trance as she walked away, shaking her naked ass at him.  Fucking quarkheads, he thought to himself.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 164