Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 428186 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2009, 04:52:36 pm »

Your either balding or they had to shave you to staple your head shut lol
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2009, 02:59:02 am »

Oh Im balding.  I shaved those ungrateful scalp leeches off long ago.  That wasnt so bad, if I hadnt gone bald I wouldnt have found out how badass I look with a shaved head.  The scar just adds to it.  Now I just need a tattoo of a skull eating babies or something, then I'll look like I got some iron in my blood.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2009, 04:12:38 am »

Chapter #7 - Immolation

Queen Urist sat in her throne room, barricaded from the dwarves who were voicing their petty grievances over lost loved ones.  She spoke to herself, she spoke to the air.  She spoke to her God above.

"...the unruly rabble....child beaters, rat weed smokers, beardless ones, these dwarves are all inferior to me!  Sobers, the lot of them!  Lounging around all day by the cave river instead of getting drunk and doing something!"

She was yelling to Ber Steelearthen, for she knew her righteous anger would be heard.

"...and they are so weird my lord....like that miner Sarvesh that everyone has nicknamed 'Myth' because of all the whoppers he tells about killing dragons.  But the weirdest of all has got to be that engineer Mogror Harbett.  When he first arrived I knew he was nutters.  He does not speak of it often, but over the years, I have pieced his tale together from the rumors and gossip.  He claims to be from some mechanical city that he helped build....but damned if I have ever heard of any city like that.  Well...except Olonkulet...but come on, that's just a legend."

Olonkulet was a city of dwarven legend whose mighty brass gates had sealed the city off from the world forever.  That was said to have taken place in the ancient past, over 1200 years ago, around the time the first demons had come to Sil Gomath and ruled over the world during a thousand year dark age.  No dwarf alive was old enough to remember the time before the last demon had been sealed away, and even the oldest dwarves oldest grandparents had lived only during the end of that unholy age, when the demons were largely scattered and few.

"If Mogror Harbett had lived at Olonkulet, that would make him older than Odom and Eve!!!" Urist shouted as she considered the prospect.  "Oh well...I suppose it does not matter if his mind is shattered...many a great dwarf has had this virtue.  He does not mix it with sobriety, and he does worship you my lord.  So I suppose there is a place for him."

Urist went back to coolly sipping Sunshine from her adamantine mug...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:46:08 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2009, 08:27:33 am »

I suspect that Mogror worships whoever gives him the greatest chance of survival.
He doesn't strike me as a religious dwarf.
Nyahahah
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2009, 02:00:46 pm »

Urist was walking around the fortress on one of those rare days she left her palace.  She was accompanied by her unofficial Captain of the Guard, Captain Jack.  The other military dwarves were making their presence known to the serfs, to make sure no one tried anything stupid.

As the Queen and her bodyguards climbed to the top of the main stairway, Urist noticed a trail of blood.  It went up two z-levels and stopped at the feet of a heavily wounded and babbling child.

The child was distraught over the loss of her Erib worshipping mother.  Urist paused and smiled with delight at the chance to see the misery in action.  The bleeding child managed to hurl herself down the stairwell for a second time.  The second leap did what the first leap could not.

Continuing her inspection tour, Urist found that the new room that had been designed for the Dungeon Master and then forgotten about was now being squatted on by an Erib worshipping cripple!  The child had been severely wounded by the Temple's death spikes.  Somehow she had managed to survive and someone decided that this meaningless child was somehow worth this legendary room.

Urist had the doors sealed and ordered no more water or food be brought to the kid.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 02:04:18 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2009, 02:11:23 pm »

Its Spring of 222 now.  The population has gone from a peak of 234 down to 177 in two years.  There have been plenty of babies born...but they just cant keep up with the death rate.  I solved the booze, food, and seed problem.  Again we have plentiful stocks of all.  The lowest of the peasant low-lives have been wiped out.  The next rung on the food chain, the farmers, have been decimated.  The horde of children remains too big, however.

More must be sacrificed.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2009, 06:26:25 pm »

A Hammerer and a Tax Collector came.  The Hammerer worships Erib, the foul bastard.

Lord Tradan stood watch over the walls as the two nobles came into the fortress.  He wanted to place a bolt right between the eyes of the two dwarves...but he fought the temptation.  He looked at Christes and could tell she was feeling the same urges.

As if two nobles werent the most horrible thing to see coming towards the walls of Blockedlance, guess who showed up?

ELVES!!!  And they werent here to trade, either!  They had sent a squad of bowmen to ambush us.  Lord Tradan spotted them, and sounded the alarm.

The elves scurried along the edge of the fortress.  It was then that Lord Cain, the commander of a squad of axedwarves protecting the eastern entrance to the fortress, spotted the High Priest - the old Trader Thob Whipcolor - out in the line of danger!  The High Priest must not be killed!

Knowing his duty, Lord Cain charged forward across the bridge and out into harms way.  Elven arrows fell all around.  The dwarves blocked them easily with their shields, or dodged them altogether.  That was when the elves resorted to their infernal magic and cast their fire spells upon the dwarves.

A ball of flame hurled forth from an elve's fingertips and exploded in the middle of the squad of axedwarves.  Lord Cain stood at the center of the inferno.

He died a hero's death.

Ingish the Coastal Drag King of Wars was burned across her hands and arms, but the dwarves managed to push on, mowing down the elves once they got close enough to lop their heads off.

Their blue blood decorated the field of battle as the flames sent smoke high into the sky.  It was glorious!

When the fire was done, the forest was burned to cinders.  If the elves thought this was the way to save the trees, their heads were broken, and obviously needed to be stapled back together.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:29:31 pm by MrGimp »

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 21, 2009, 07:07:28 pm »

yay modded elves.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #263 on: March 21, 2009, 09:18:44 pm »

Yay! Fireballs!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2009, 12:20:58 am »

Since I cant get Blockedlance onto the map archive since the map apparently is corrupted (Anyone know how to fix the 'too many unique tiles' problem???) I'm just gonna post the top three floors here.

Below we see Blockedlance's surface level after the elf fire of Spring 222...

And down here we the peasant housing quarters and the death traps and monk dorms of the temple.  Other additions to the temple are being carved out.  There are the new farms, soon all farms will be relocated to the lower levels....except the whip vine and sunshine plots, of course.

And last but definitely not least, we have the nobles quarters, arena floor, and the future noble cave river garden under construction.  Another lower level of the temple has only begun to be carved out, and includes the trade depot/sacrficial altar.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 22, 2009, 11:55:35 pm »

Awesome, thats as good a death as I could ask for. Especially fighting against elves.  Poncy bastards could never stand up in a dwarf to dwarf fight. ;D
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:42 am »

Awesome place, also

When the fire was done, the forest was burned to cinders.  If the elves thought this was the way to save the trees, their heads were broken, and obviously needed to be stapled back together.

Hooray for linking RL into burning elves!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2009, 12:44:47 am »

Well, we got a couple 'migrants' if you can call them that.  Ill skip the surprise.  One lasts one season, the other lasts two.

There is a battle in the summer of 222, however. 

From the rooftop of the barracks, Lord Tradan and Christes pepper the goblins with iron and steel bolts.  Fighting as one, the lovers manage to drop a multitude of the green menace before the axedwarves can even get close.

Christes' exploits win her recognition around Blockedlance as a ferocious fighter, and a true warrior.

On the other side of the fortress, another warrior, young Akigagak, is proving his ferocity as well.  His squadmates preoccupied and far away, he takes on an entire goblin crossbowman squad all by himself.  He dares to charge straight at the very hill they stand upon, and I got (most) of it on film!

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1201-akistrance

For his valor, Akigagak was made a Lord, and given the command of Lord Cain's old squad.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #268 on: March 24, 2009, 01:20:49 am »

Autumn of 222 is spent designing and building the Farmer's Guild, a two story structure that will house all the farmers and farm-related workers, as well as granting quick access to the farmers workshop and farms themselves.

Its not intended to be some kind of superdwarven ultimately maximized efficiency thing, I just want to speed it up a little and possibly cut down on pathing.

But my peaceful building is interrupted yet again by a siege. 

Oddly, the siege begins on a high note as the hammerer is outside procuring some silken footwear.  He is shot and killed.  I brought a video!

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1202-hammerershot

The good times did NOT continue to roll however.

Lord Tradan and his Lady Christes were stroking each others beards when the hammerer ate it.  They had shared a laugh together when his fat body hit the ground.  But the moment was marred when Ingish the Coastal King of Wars fell into the moat as she charged the goblin menace.

"Swim bitch!  Youve done it before!" cried Lord Tradan.

"Yeah hurry!" shouted Christes.

But Ingish did not struggle.  Ever since her lover had died in this very moat, she had given up on life.  As the weight of her armor pulled her down, a sense of relaxation and peace came over her face.  Her body fell to the bottom of the murky bloody depths.

Christes and Tradan looked into each others eyes.  This battle was different.  Christes could feel it.  Tradan, however, was oblivious.

"I'm outta bolts.  I'm gonna go get some more," spoke Lord Tradan.

"Yes, dear, Ill man the walls.....er, woman the walls."  She laughed awkwardly.  "Be careful honey....I love you."

Tradan was already walking away.  "What?  Oh!  Yeah I know."

Christes returned to the battlements.  "Alright men, dont fire till you see the yellows of their eyes!!!"

Christes' squad rained death upon the goblins, but their number was legion.  The battle seemed to be going alright until Christes spotted her lover walking down the path of death all by himself!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!" She shouted in horror.  The goblins were approaching quickly.

"Oh, hi honey!  Yeah Im just getting bolts, remember?  The nearest bolts are on these goblin corpses out in the field, see?"

And thus Lord Tradan marched into the inevitable...that fate which all mortals must endure, but which falls upon some rather cruelly.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"  Christes shrieked.  She jumped from her station, and began running down to where he lay.  Lord Lego was nearby.  Seeing her about to run into the goblin squad by herself,  he rushed to her side.  A fuckin hero.  His beard grew three inches that day.

And hey hero, how bout some brutal wounds to go with them heroics?

After this screenshot was taken, another bolt rips through Lord Legos other leg....and also through his lung at the same time.  It must have splintered in mid air....or something.  Despite the assault by Heisenberg arrows, Lord Lego managed to crawl away from the battle and his wounds were tended to.

I thought Christes would be devestated, but actually, she seemed quite content with her lovers death.

Sorry Tradan.    :-\
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:58:38 am by MrGimp »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2009, 01:28:53 am »

Burn, dude. Burn.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 164