Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 427678 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!
« Reply #2430 on: October 24, 2011, 09:02:11 pm »

My guy turned into a hermit.  Cool.

Can I please have a personality and skills check on him? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2431 on: November 05, 2011, 02:04:45 pm »

Don't be so hasty. This is a great opportunity to set it on fire and use it as a booze fuse. If you submerge it in magma it should burn forever (since as an artifact it cannot be destroyed). You can then store booze in a one-tile garbage chute with a bridge at the bottom. Open the bridge and the booze falls onto the bituminous coal, which should very quickly boil all of the contents (and set the barrels on fire, of course).

This is hypothetical, but I would love to try it. If nothing else it would be funny watching kobolds trying to steal it.

This is a great idea actually.  Now I wanna set this thing on fire and play with it!  lol

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2432 on: November 05, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »

Sorry for delay again.  Im trying not to have any more stops until the end of the story (Ragnarok). 

Its a picture heavy and story heavy thread so it can take some time to put together a post, and I dont have much time these days.  I apologize for not being able to follow every dwarf.  I try to get everyone in the story as I go.  As far as a guarantee though, I can only guarantee that a dwarf gets two posts.  The post where your dwarf is born/named, and the post where they die.  All other posts are bonuses that come when DF rolls the dice your way and causes something interesting to happen to you or near you.  Also the dwarves get posts when they come up in a story scene.

But with almost 100 named dwarves its impossible to follow them all.  :(  Sorry my dwarven brethren.

I suppose though if you have not been mentioned in the story then shout out your dwarf's name and Ill try to work them into a story post in the future.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:31:14 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2433 on: November 05, 2011, 03:30:30 pm »

The spring sun has come out and warmed our lands out of the depths of winter.  It is now a new year, the 292nd year since the end of the last demon wars.

Many said these lands were cursed, and that the dwarves had awoken the greatest of the ancient demons, and that soon the world would fall to ruin as it had before.  However, when surrounded by the luxurious opulence of Blockedlance and its immense wealth valued at over 22 million copper coins, it was easy to ignore the goblins and elves banging at the gate.

This spring was not just accompanied by the birth of new plant life, but the birth of new Dwarven life as well.  Both the Empress and the Khamerite brood mother have given birth to girls.

It was both joyous and bitter, as the Empress knew that every broodling she had was security that her dynasty would rule till the end of time, but every child of the Khamerite brood was a threat to her and her lineage.

It was also joyous and bitter when a siege came.  Bitter because we always grit our teeth at evil goblin scum.  Joyous because Asmel Zulbandak, Khamero's mother, has been wounded by goblin arrows as she defended the courtyard walls.

Her wounds bleed profusely, and she dies atop our mighty stone defenses.

This kill earns the elite goblin crossbowman below a name.  Rumorjackals.  He is the Hyena of Death, and he shouts it out in the middle of battle.  He takes a bolt to the leg, but continues to rain hell up several z levels and through our fortifications. 

Corcha Archtongs, the Contemptable Pride of Ink valiantly tries to hold position atop the walls and remain firing.  However, several bolts pierce her body, and she is forced to crawl away into the safety of the guardhouse, leaving behind a trail of blood.

Damn you Rumorjackals!!!

The now legendary champion Kipi Frillytower the Ivory Relief of Oil takes position along the parapets, relieving Corcha.

She mows down several beak dogs and lesser goblins, taking a bolt in the process.  Twas but a flesh wound, happily.  She soon ran out of bolts and ran to the nearest guardhouse that still had any bolts left in it's stockpile.

On her way back to her position on the southern wall, she is pegged by another goblin bowman and stops to return fire.  All this fighting makes her sleepy however, and she decides to take a nap right there in the middle of battle.

Her squadmate Steve stands beside her slumbering body and tries to defend her.  His position is hopeless however, and the Empress knows that she might soon find all of her champion marksdwarves dead.  She acts quickly.  She orders the eastern bridge lowered, and our last truly elite champion superdwarf charges out in berserk bloodlust.  He cut through the goblin squad that had camped outside the gate.  He cut through them like butter.  Their flames could not burn him.

Now he turned to the remaining goblins, the ones that had wreaked so much havoc.  It was a mad charge.  One lone melee dwarf against several squads of firebreathing goblins with elite bowgoblins among them....

Dodging flame and bolt alike he sliced through the petty goblins as if they were not there.  Within moments of his arrival most of the goblins were dead or dying.  The remaining few ran for their lives. 

The siege had been broken.

Amidst the cheers and celebrations of this heroic charge, Urist tried to take advantage of the moment and orchestrate a plot against Khamero.  His mother had died, and Urist hoped to decapitate the leadership in one fell swoop.  Khamero had been working deep below, as a mason and miner on her mysterious catacombs beneath the pyramid.  Urist ordered her loyal Stonecutters to make him have an 'accident'.

A layer of stone collapsed on top of him, a cloud of smoke choked him, and many wounds bled from his body...but old Khamero refused to die.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Exiled to the Surface!
« Reply #2434 on: December 01, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »

Poor kobolds.
May their adorable little eyes rest in peace.

THERE'S A KOBOLD IN DISGUISE IN THIS HERE FORUM!
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

grank6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: April 16, 2012, 08:21:33 pm »

i hope this topic hasn't been forgotten but your busy i'm guessing

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: May 31, 2012, 03:18:05 am »

I...just re-read the entire thing.  I felt an odd sense of nostalgia when I saw my post asking to be dorfed.  I think this was the first community fort I asked to be a part of.  *brings tears to eye*.

Welp, this has been an awesome story, truly amazing, and whether it gets completed or abandoned, it will stand alongside epics like Boatmurdered, Ironblood's fort, etc.  May Armok's Butcher shop be remembered. 

Also, shameless bump  ;)

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: May 31, 2012, 12:40:58 pm »

And here I thought there had been an update... Oh well. But yes, this was one epic fort.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2438 on: July 07, 2012, 02:49:39 am »

My life has stopped being busy and I've had a chance to catch up on this. I'm still loving it.

Our champion marksdwarves repel them, but unfortunately Captain Coder takes a few too many bolts in his body and has a hard time keeping his blood inside of himself.  Corcha receives a battlefield promotion while standing beside the corpse of her former commander.

Oh dear. Do you happen to know how many kills I had by the time of my death?

Additionally, I'd like to be redwarfed.
Name: "Red Dwarf"
Profession: Marksdwarf if possible. If not, any soldier will do. If not, then...A non khamerite child who will grow up as a marksdwarf if possible.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2439 on: July 19, 2012, 11:27:54 pm »

Ahhhh Blockedlance....

So sad that I left the title 'No More Stops Until Ragnarok' right before I stopped updating.  :(

Life kinda took off in a different direction.  It's been good actually.  I've been making money.  Working hard.  I have my own company too.  I also live in a small beach town in California.  I'm within walking distance of a beach, a marsh wildlife preserve, and a bunch of hot tanned blondes. :P  ;D   8)

Kinda took my focus away from video games.  I really only kept this story going as long as I did because so many people seemed to enjoy it.

Is there really still any interest to see it finished?  There is still the adventure mode stuff I was working on....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:43:57 pm by MrGimp »

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: July 19, 2012, 11:48:35 pm »

I personally just want some closure: either finish the story, or tell us it's had its run and it's over.  I'm fine either way, but I've been waiting patiently over a year for another update.  I'd hate to go another year thinking it was still on and it wasn't  ;)
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: July 20, 2012, 12:02:42 am »

I personally just want some closure: either finish the story, or tell us it's had its run and it's over.  I'm fine either way, but I've been waiting patiently over a year for another update.  I'd hate to go another year thinking it was still on and it wasn't  ;)

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: July 20, 2012, 09:51:27 am »

+2
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: July 20, 2012, 09:54:08 am »

+3
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2444 on: July 20, 2012, 01:15:06 pm »

+4.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164