Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 427725 times)

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - The Next Generation
« Reply #1815 on: April 23, 2010, 10:52:31 pm »

I say finishing Blockedlance is best.  Keep taking screenshots of Bouldermazes and writing notes for future updates if you're doing so.
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: April 25, 2010, 12:48:50 am »

wait , wait , Ragnarok?

if you were meaning....... well , we , are , screwed

BECAUSE YOU ARE A HEADCRAP ZOMBIE

errr , wat?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:27:50 am by Ze Spy »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1817 on: April 28, 2010, 04:11:28 pm »

wait , wait , Ragnarok?

if you were meaning....... well , we , are , screwed

I dont know....in Ragnarok, the good guys were destined to lose.  Seeing as how Blockedlance is on the side of the bad guys I think we stand a pretty good chance.

BECAUSE YOU ARE A HEADCRAP ZOMBIE

errr , wat?

Eat less sugar.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1818 on: April 28, 2010, 04:54:52 pm »

BEER SONG TIME!!!

Another scrap of parchment was found with another couple verses to 'The Funeral Dirge of the Adventurer'!  These two verse come before the first two.

Nazush rath tholtig
Od thol Valhalla
Rul arol lam
Kokeb arol ber

Shash ziril idrath
Ozkak nazush nethgon
Kiron enor deler
Ikor akir

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 28, 2010, 07:47:36 pm »

Literal Dwarven-to-English translation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1820 on: April 28, 2010, 09:01:54 pm »

lol

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 28, 2010, 09:20:39 pm »

¡Stárt üsîng ãlt-lèttèríng¡†

†sure, it will make the riddles easier, but then it will be accurate!
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 28, 2010, 11:15:21 pm »

I have a theory, but will not share it. "Kiron enor deler/Ikor akir" at least should be easy enough for people to get.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 29, 2010, 04:43:26 am »

ZAT , WAS DOCTOR ASSIZTED HOMOCIDE

also , i demand my dorf be named "Scout"

I AM THE SCOUT!(note the TF2 and JOHNFROHMAN reference..... wait , cut off john freeman , i don't want to spark another Half life: Full Life Consequences  RAEG)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:46:16 am by Ze Spy »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 30, 2010, 02:46:19 am »

can't be bothered to edit , but do i sense a epic post with a Über Epic battle Coming Ahead?

Soviet Travolta

• Bay Watcher
  • [SMOKEY_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
    • Illustrator Porfolio
« Reply #1825 on: April 30, 2010, 05:30:25 am »

Well, you should at least be bothered about your blood's sugar rate, as Mr.Gimp pointed out.
I propose a truly dorfy solution: toady should implement a special helmet that (mostly) protects against fall damage, so that the toughest dwarves of the fortress can take the 10-z level jump down, pick and axe in hand, and construct stairs back up to the upper levels.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: April 30, 2010, 07:32:49 am »

i don't eat Sugar much , seriously , but i am Insane , as pointed out in my sig

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1827 on: May 01, 2010, 12:28:26 am »

After several weeks of seclusion, Khamero emerged carrying a dolomite scepter.

Several of his many children gathered around him to gawk at the new bauble.  It was always interesting to see the art of a dwarf.

"Behold my masterpiece, the Snarling Gills!" cried Khamero holding the dolomite scepter high in the air before them all.

"Oh," was the unenthusiastic reply.

"Sun berries, Queen Cog, the demon that destroyed the old Blockedlance, and a random goblin thats been dead for thirty years.  I dont get it." said Imhotep studying it closely. 

"You dont get it?  How can you not get it?!" Khamero nearly shouted.  "It's modern art!  It has meaning on so many levels!"

"Well.....like?"

"Well....for instance..." Khamero began making shit up off the top of his head in order to relate the disparate images to one another.  "The sun berries are like...a representation of the prosperity of Blockedlance, see?  And then below that....its like....all the challenges our people have overcome here at Blockedlance.  Goblins, demons, evil queens.  And I say to you all!  This scepter shall be held aloft by one of you when you rule this land after Urist!"

A gasp went up from his children.  Was this to be spoken of openly?

"Father it is a lovely scepter, I wish to wield it one day, just as you say," said Airag.  "But do we dare move against the queen?  What about grandmother Slemsvamp?  Or uncle Travolta?  Would they support us?  We would put their lives in danger if we were found out!"

Khamero shook his head.  "No! It was my job to provide my children a path to the throne.  It is your job to make your way there!"  Khamero stared at them fiercely, especially his eldest son Airag, his most titled son Baron von Freden, and his wisest son, Imhotep.  "Swear it to me now!"

"Father?"

"Swear it to me, whether you stab her, poison her, or simply wait till she dies.  Promise me you will seize the throne when you have the chance!"  There was silence as the shock of the moment sank in.  This was a moment they would remember for the rest of their lives...the moment when their father gave them their mission...their entire reason for being.  "Promise me we will never again suffer under the boot of a tyrant....powerless to find justice.  Promise me you will prove to Armok you are the strongest!  Promise me you will seize the kingdom!"

"I swear it father!"  shouted the young Baron von Freden.

"Yes!  I swear it too!" cried Airag, not to be outdone by his little brother.

"I will assist my brothers, and never work against my family.  We are stronger together," said the wise Imhotep.  "Whoever ascends to the throne father, I swear to you it will be a member of the House of Khamero!"

All of his brood agreed, and responded likewise.  Khamero was proud of them all.  He had done his work well.  He had began life as a peasant, but had managed to give his children the lives of pampered nobles with a shot at the throne.  He smiled and hugged them all.  Family was truly a gift from Armok.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #1828 on: May 01, 2010, 12:39:20 am »

PLOT TWIST!
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 01, 2010, 01:06:56 am »

Well, there goes Airag. Nice knowing him.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 164