Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 427714 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - The Next Generation
« Reply #1800 on: April 19, 2010, 09:54:15 am »

Urist was sitting in her throne room one day in Spring of 257, when Armok materialized before her. 

"Oh, hello my lord!  What a pleasant surprise!" she said, greeting the Blood God with a smile.

"Chosen one!  Listen to me now!  A time of great tribulation is coming soon!  I know not the exact date, but I know that our enemies are plotting against us even now!"

Urist was shocked to see Armok so agitated.  "My lord, we still have three champions left....three champions who could destroy entire nations.  So unless four or more nations come down on us, I think we're safe!"

"But-" interrupted Armok.

"No...I've been moping far too much lately.  We need to look on the bright side here.  Our enemies have always tried to kill us.  This is nothing new.  And after six decades of trying, I know one thing....we are still here!"

"Hmmmph!" snorted the Blood God.  If only she knew of the leafy horrors these elves would inflict, would she be as brave?

"Our golden age is not behind us!  Our golden age lies ahead!  Look at the noble apartments I just opened up for the peasantry the other day!  These opulent rooms are the CHEAPEST in the fortress!"

Urist continued.  "And our cooks are actually cooking some wonderful stuff lately.  I sure miss my sugar roasts, but if anything can fill the void of alcoholic sugar, its these fantastic roasts!"

"Why," Urist opined, "when I eat a demon meat roast, I feel like I could fight off the hordes of heaven all by myself!"

Armok was silent for a moment.  Before he finally turned to leave, he spoke.  "Well it is good to see that you are eager to fight Chosen One.  It is very good indeed..."

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 03:54:54 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 19, 2010, 10:04:37 am »

EDIT : GAH , I GOT FUCKING NINJA'D , THATS WHAT I GOD FOR NOT LOOKING PROPERLY

FUUUUUUUU

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1802 on: April 19, 2010, 04:14:03 pm »

Christes sat at a coffee table floating in the endless void, sharing tea time with her strange telepathic friend.

Her powers had grown over the years, she had come to vague hints at Tradan's fate, able to know that he was no longer in the void, but not quite able to tell if he was alive or dead.  She was still quite bad at materializing objects out of nothing, but she was getting better.

Lately, massive energy vibrations had been rippling throughout the void.  Something was coming, even the telepath could feel it.  He was acting strangely, speaking more and more coherently as the days went on. 

"Yes yes yes!" laughed the telepaths voice in her head.  "I feel it!"

"What is it?" asked Christes.

"End times!!!" he shouted with glee.  He actually shouted it.  With his physical voice.  This was the first time in all the decades Christes had been in the void that she had heard his real voice.  She was taken aback.

"End times?" she spoke at last.

"Yes!  End times!  Isn't this great?!  Soon it will all be over!  Soon we will be free!"  The telepath began laughing wildly.  Christes' heart began pounding.

"Free?"  There was a pause.  "We will be no more?"

"Yes!" was the joyous reply.

"Well what are you celebrating for?  We will be deleted!  Erased!  Struck from existence!"

The telepath looked at her puzzled.  After a moment of trying to think of something to say, he simply shrugged his shoulders and then went off to look at the void.  He danced as he walked and hummed a tune as he stared at the emptiness.

Christes tried to prepare herself, but even after decades in the infinite void she knew not how to prepare for true nothingness.  If only Tradan were here with her now...
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 19, 2010, 04:28:28 pm »

'Eagle' Ikuddgel, Hermit cancels Plant Seeds: Needs Plump Helmet spawn.

:D

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 19, 2010, 05:32:16 pm »

Lord Akigagak, Zombie Ghoast cancels rest: interrupted by apocalypse.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 19, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »

:'( my guy can't kill Urist...

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 22, 2010, 01:19:04 pm »

I assume "deleted" is to be taken literally? :P

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1807 on: April 22, 2010, 08:57:19 pm »

The young dwarf Imhotep knelt before the High Priest Kulaka, who offered him the sacramental blood wine and a ritz cracker.  Imhotep turned to the smiling crowd and said his prayer to Armok.

"Holy father, guide me in my life and damn me if I fail.  Let the weak perish, and the mighty receive their stuff.  I drink now your blood, and eat of your flesh."

"Amen," said the crowd as one.

Imhotep then took the cracker, and washed it down with bloodwine, which - incidentally - was actually blood.  The cracker was just a cheap tasteless cracker though.  Imhotep smiled and the crowd clapped their hands.  His Unholy Communion was finished, and now he was a man.

As a member of the Ducal family (which was as close as anyone got to being Royal in Blockedlance) he was allowed to have the after party deep in the recesses of the adventure dungeon.  Above them dangled the Hammerer.

The pagan hammerers pleading to be let down brought joy and laughter to those below.  It was his fault for carelessly accepting an order to remove a construction from a high place.  It was his fault for tempting the Queen with a delicious opportunity for a slow death of a worthless pagan.

He clearly brought this upon himself.

During the party Imhotep's father went insane.  It was perfectly normal dwarven behavior, and brought only encouragement and support from the crowd..

Possessed by some unholy force, Khamero headed off...

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 22, 2010, 09:06:40 pm »

It's a shame because as a beginning Fortress I always get an important member, usually a farmer, stuck in a high place and the rest of my Dwaves then starve... It's really annoying but after I get situated, I collapse caverns with plenty of people on them. I love to see Armok happy!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 22, 2010, 09:11:28 pm »

"Holy father, guide me in my life and damn me if I fail.  Let the weak perish, and the mighty receive their stuff.  I drink now your blood, and eat of your flesh."
Pretty dwarvenly sentiment there.
Also just realized that the Sacrament is pretty dwarvenly too. I mean, ritually eating your savior? It's a bit like how they thank the brave military for defending them by running out and looting the late Urist McRecruit for his *cave spider silk socks*.

Also instead of crackers they should eat blood sausage. Or dwarven spam. Made from real dwarves.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 22, 2010, 09:36:32 pm »

Make me a present daddy!

Oooh yea. Time to create some epic architecture using the bones of Armok's enemies!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1811 on: April 22, 2010, 10:26:16 pm »

:'( my guy can't kill Urist...

Well, if hes lucky enough to somehow survive Ragnarok, and if the world somehow does not come to an end, and the Tree of Life somehow does not whither and rot, and if your little legs can somehow carry you through the Slim Swamp and across the Delightful Desert, and if you can somehow survive the wastes without getting killed by elf, goblin, kobold, or wolf, then he still might end up playing a part in the story by settling in some random town somewhere and allowing an adventurer to track him down and kill him!!!

How awesome would that be?!   :D

Also instead of crackers they should eat blood sausage. Or dwarven spam. Made from real dwarves.

Gustatory Science Mod?

lol

Make me a present daddy!

Oooh yea. Time to create some epic architecture using the bones of Armok's enemies!

Well you can help build the other half of the massive outter wall.  I had left some open space for a tower, it probably wont get built though.  :(

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 22, 2010, 10:30:47 pm »

Is there a Bouldermazes community story too?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1813 on: April 22, 2010, 11:14:00 pm »

Is there a Bouldermazes community story too?

How could I unleash more of this madness upon the world???

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 22, 2010, 11:24:41 pm »

Very carefully crazily.
I understand the time constrains this would put on the thread, but maybe you could update Blockedlance half the time, and Bouldermazes half the time, or something? I think it'd bring some variety to the story, it would be exciting to see a Df 2010 story with all the epicness of Blockedlance, and you might even be able to have their characters battle in the arena or something.

Of course, if you want to finish Blockedlance and just take a break from community stories for a bit, that's quite a valid reason not to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 164