Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noble Encouragement  (Read 1781 times)

blarg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Noble Encouragement
« on: December 13, 2006, 12:08:00 am »

It would be nice if the nobles who make demands but do little productive work for the fortress could be made a little more useful.  An idea I had was to give these nobles some sort of encourage/supervise job type.  When doing that job, they will go over to a workshop and speed the work of the dwarf working at that shop.

This could possibly be linked to desires, so that they will tend to go to supervise shops that are working on items they are interested in.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Noble Encouragement
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 03:12:00 am »

I think nobles could buy things for large amounts of cash and thus make the economy flow more, as well as making the dwarf who made it happy.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 04:59:00 pm »

The various guildmaster nobles (house of ber, etc) would be perfect for this.  Less a supervisory thing, and more an instructive helpful thing.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 08:39:00 pm »

Many (most, perhaps all) of the currently-useless nobles are planned to have functions in the future diplomacy arc, and to add new military-type options for long-range action.  It's just that that's not in yet.

[ December 18, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 04:47:00 pm »

Heh, I'm happy that they just pick crops, pull levers, and bring things to the depots so that other dwarves don't have to.  But your ideas would be more nobley.