Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Tropico 3, optimism is welcome.  (Read 35956 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tropico 3, optimism is welcome.
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2009, 10:14:08 am »

From my sparse experience designing cities, I'd suggest you build the jobs at the center and the housing on the outskirts around the jobs.

Ah, but there's always jobs somewhere, even if it's just construction.  But sometimes you need a LOT of construction at the edge of your island.

I'd be tempted to do it the other way around...  Or maybe an inner city with social services, then a ring of housing, make one big city to rule the island.  Would need to REALLY pretty it up...

Wakka wakka

One service ring to rule them all, one housing ring to find them, one industry ring to bring them all and in the smokey darkness bind them.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2009, 11:00:42 pm »

There are several easter eggs in Tropico 1 that refers to PopTop, the maker of T1, and Railroad Tycoon...

It's going to be fun modifying these easter eggs to refer to Bay12Games instead...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2009, 04:42:55 am »

"The citizens demand more magma!"
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2009, 12:27:10 am »

I found some Tropico Cut Content:

Spoiler: New Special Conditions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Extra Minerals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Offshore Oil (click to show/hide)

Somebody was able to program in Offshore Oil Drilling in a fan-made Tropico mission, and it isn't that hard to script in the "Eye for an Eye" edict, and you can possibly create special events to mimic the special conditions, but the new minerals are gone forever. :(

(Come to think of it, an offical Paradise Island mission manages to script a way to kick El Presidente out if he even begins to build a military...that can be an interesting condition to work around...)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:29:45 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2009, 05:15:07 am »

I'm atleast glad to see those minerals were in there at one time.

I suggested several of them for Tropico 3, so I guess I can hope to see them show up someday. It's better to know they were cut, than to imagine they were never considered at all.
For they would be your masters.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2009, 05:53:30 am »

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6216193/tropico-3-first-impressions

Tropico 3 looks like it will offer some rewarding gameplay and possibly even offer an education on how to run a dictatorship.
Damn, I can't pass on this game now.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Please stop reading this, I will be banned if yo-
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2009, 11:21:10 am »

The original Tropico was a great game, I just hope klapso would do a great job with it

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2009, 03:31:17 pm »

Apparently this game is finished and already for sale in the German market. Multilanguage. I've seen links to... full demos all over.

Anyway anyone has purchased this yet?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2009, 03:37:29 pm »

The international release date for Tropico 3 is October 20th, 2009. It's probably already been released to previewers and magazines and such, so I'm not surprised if it's been leaked.
!!&!!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2009, 05:12:26 pm »

Im playing it. and its awesome.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2009, 09:25:55 pm »

The international release date for Tropico 3 is October 20th, 2009. It's probably already been released to previewers and magazines and such, so I'm not surprised if it's been leaked.

Tropico 3 Availalbe Today in Germany
September 24, 2009, 12:00 pm - Valve - Product Release

Tropico 3 releases today in Germany.

The rest of the world will just have to wait. In the mean time, play the demo for free and save 10% by pre-purchasing Tropico 3 now.
Purchasing on Steam gets you two additional maps for the sandbox mode and two additional costumes for the el presidente avatar editor.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2009, 08:07:41 am »

This looks like it could be fun, I'm downloading the demo. Now to find something to do.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2009, 08:24:12 am »

As far as I can tell, Kalypso did everything right. They seem to know that the original was a great game, so they didnt "change a winning team". They tried to improve it where necessary, without too much effort however.

ie, garages are a but ugly-ish and sort of look out of place when you put one out in the boons, ie when you plan an agricultural area that is seperated from the buzzing city center. But I guess I can live with that. In fact I think it's the only gripe I have with the game...

Also the manual sucks. (Download from steam and have a look if you want)

- How many fertile tiles does a farm work with, tops?
- What reason do I have to put more than one dock worker at a tourist dock?
- How EXACTLY do teamsters interact with garages and production facilities? (I still managed to have some run around with wheelbarrows :/)
and so and so forth.

But well, figuring out stuff is probably the most exciting thing, anyway.

What I really like is how they seem to have understood what sucked about part 1 and changed that. For instance, your avatar. You dont have to create it prior to every game. You got a pretty usable UI for that, and it keeps the settings, too.

All in all, I like it. No REAL reason to get it, if you have part 1, unless graphics whore. Also, no real reason not to get it if you like part 1, unless poor.

I never played part 2 for long, because I hated it for some reason. With a passion.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2009, 10:38:11 am »

- What reason do I have to put more than one dock worker at a tourist dock?

I assume because one of them could be home sleeping or eating or at the clinic or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, TOURIST dock. No reason I assume, since you don't load cargo in tourist docks.

I never played part 2 for long, because I hated it for some reason. With a passion.

Tropico 2 was a completely different game. They should have it marketed it separately. I enjoyed it tho, but the AI was too stupid when I built pirate houses, it always assigned them to the poorest pirates first.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24