Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Tropico 3, optimism is welcome.  (Read 35868 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
Re: Tropico 3, optimism is welcome.
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2010, 11:59:24 pm »

To spread propaganda.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2011, 05:16:55 am »

The Pope has no unit, as far as I can tell.

I thought I'd revive this, since I bought it yesterday and I love it to death already. The woman Presidente is annoying as hell but I get a warm, fuzzy feeling whenever my male avatar says ""It's always all work and no play for El Presidente!"

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 06, 2011, 09:04:22 pm »

The Pope has no unit, as far as I can tell.

I thought I'd revive this, since I bought it yesterday and I love it to death already. The woman Presidente is annoying as hell but I get a warm, fuzzy feeling whenever my male avatar says ""It's always all work and no play for El Presidente!"
IRONY.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2011, 10:57:47 pm »

Now there's a coincidence... I just loaded this up again yesterday, and suddenly the thread has been bumped.  :o

My most recent, hilarious observation was near the end of a 20-year campaign mission. Every faction had 95+ respect for me... except for the Loyalists. Really, guys? I thought the 'loyal' in Loyalist meant, ya know, that you wouldn't be the least loyal faction! I mean, I insulted the Capitalists on my talk show, and they still liked me better than you!

(Actually, I should see if I can tick off the Loyalists enough to get them to rebel. "I'm so loyal to you, I'm going to shoot you!!"  :D)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2011, 11:00:38 pm »

Here's the funny thing. The loyalists are the hardest to impress simply because they HATE you "Appeasing" the others.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2011, 01:18:26 am »

I like to think the Loyalists aren't so much into you as they are their own super-heroic/sexy/awesome image of you. If you don't match their image, they quiet that nagging voice that says they've spent their life building their hero up to be something he's not by deciding that you aren't really the Presidente, not the one they love and adore and build shrines to in their mother's basement.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2011, 01:38:47 am »

Am I the only one here who outlaws the environmentalist faction as soon as possible in most of my games? Those nutjobs are impossible to please.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2011, 01:46:13 am »

I don't. I've not found it too difficult to keep things clean, but then I haven't played many games.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2011, 02:51:07 am »

Am I the only one here who outlaws the environmentalist faction as soon as possible in most of my games? Those nutjobs are impossible to please.

I don't find them that bad. I mean, sure, if you're logging or mining, they get pissy real quick. But I've always shied away from mining... having a finite limit to a resource, even if it's a pretty generous resource, always made me leery. I'd rather amass a few tobacco or sugar farms and get a real industry going, and while the Environmentalists reach for their pitchforks if the word "logging" even crosses your mind, they don't seem too unhappy when your farmers disintegrate acres of lush forest to plant sugar.  ;D

Oh, and occasionally they get grumpy and demand a garbage dump (which is a pain if you didn't leave any space for one!), or a wind turbine (come on, I've got a fully-stocked power plant that's producing four times more power than I'll ever use, why the heck should I shell out more money for a bloody wind turbine?!). That said, if you don't mine or log, they pretty much take care of themselves.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2011, 03:10:53 am »

I end up pissing off the intellectuals and the environmentalists every game. Liberty? Undamaged ecosystem? BACK TO YOUR CAVE.
Hello Hunam

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2011, 07:17:50 am »

Interestingly enough, I found that the dock loaders were the only people important enough to order killed, if for example they happened to be married to a farmer working on the far side of the island and thus living there.

I wish the Presidente could have mentioned them in his radio speeches, preferably while shaking his fist.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:22:46 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2011, 07:20:30 am »

"Take a car. Take a goddamn fucking car and don't live in a shack at the ass end of nowhere you lazy sonofabitch peons. You are singlehandily bankrupting our economy."

Oh, I look forward to the day a decent voice synth is built and we can write our own speeches in games like this.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2011, 12:42:01 pm »

"Take a car. Take a goddamn fucking car and don't live in a shack at the ass end of nowhere you lazy sonofabitch peons. You are singlehandily bankrupting our economy."

Forum quote of the year IMHO.

Now, how can we add that bug/feature into DF?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2011, 01:07:06 pm »

Dock workers are the only reason I prefer tourism to industry.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2011, 01:37:01 pm »

I do have to say, though... every time a dockworker pushes a wheelbarrow containing $75,000 in cigars to the freighter, I'm really happy he doesn't say, "Screw this", pocket the money, and hop on the freighter.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24