Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How dwarvish are you?  (Read 4086 times)

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
Re: How dwarvish are you?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 11:44:40 pm »

I'm so dwarven, I've actually melted copper, made it into a cheap toy and sold it to someone!

I've also been a copper thief. Go me!
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 12:18:08 am »

the one I lost out to was a floating arm trebuchet

Holy shit.  Yeah, please do upload that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 12:41:01 am »

Axe27: Wouldn't that be more... kobold?

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 01:22:01 am »

Thief! Protect the horde from skulking filth!

How dwarven am I? I have no regards for my own safety nor the safety of others. And I just said that in reply to Axe27 and Umiman.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 02:30:40 am »

Hey. Dwarves have one of the highest standards of worker safety and benefits known in existence. No where else can you find organizations which provide automagical healing beds, unlimited injury vacation time, and unlimited recreation hours for its workers. Dwarven children recieve generous compensation packages and full scholarship to the price of the total revenue generated by their parents, giving great incentive for Dwarves to work harder.

In fact, dwarves are so caring, so devoted to the safety of their fellows that they will selflessly risk running into a hail of arrows to remove a harardous silk sock on a battlefield to prevent someone slipping on it.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 03:01:14 am »

There is a reason dwarves are so good at mining, they're minors Supernatural!

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 07:57:48 am »

I work two hours out of the day, all the rest is eating, sleeping, or partying at my *steel entertainment center*.

I enjoy cats for their aloofness, and have 10 following me around my fortress.

I have killed a moose with three -lead bolts-.

I wear my clothing until it wears out, then leave it in a pile when I go to get more.

I have a stone stockpile in my house. (Well, technically it's a gem stockpile too.)
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

James Sunderland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 10:02:51 am »

Well, when I was digging around in my backyard trying to find microcline (I thought a nice powder blue cabinet would really tie my bedroom together) I happened upon an eerie glowing pit.  All of the sudden some demons jumped out and I had nothing but my pick (shovel) to fight them with. One of them must have snuck up behind me because I lost consciousness and woke up in a chemical detox clinic five hours later. A nurse told me I had hit a gasline and had "hallucinated" the whole thing, and that I had been found in delirium ranting about "demons in the deep".  She also said I tried to attack several E.M.T.s with a shovel when they attempted to sedate me.
I know though that this is all just some sort of demonic magic that caused the humans to take me away from their demon's lair. Crafty demons! I'm wise to your trickery! I'll never stop my mining! NEVER!
Until I embarked on a map with an aquifer, I had always taken rocks for granite.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 11:05:43 am »

I tried to mandate the construction of a desk at school today.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 08:01:16 pm »

Well it was requested that I post the one that beat me so here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HmjVojc5C8
What I'm curious about is if our machines had been scaled to the same size who would have thrown farther because mine was much smaller than his.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 08:24:20 pm »

Wow, that must've had a sturdy frame to withstand the impact of the arm rollers slamming down like that.  I kind of doubt that design would scale up well, but it's pretty cool.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 09:47:25 pm »

Wow, that must've had a sturdy frame to withstand the impact of the arm rollers slamming down like that.  I kind of doubt that design would scale up well, but it's pretty cool.
Scale it down or scale mine up is what I meant. Accually the metal bar that the weights sit on bent durring the few times he did this.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 09:54:41 pm »

'

No. It's entirely dwarven. I Let the guy starve to death in my trade depot I actually ended up finding the copper in some guys backyard. Twas there for a while before I took it from the lazy bastard. Hardly kobold, because I gave him the best deal ever : I take the copper, or I call the police and they give you awesome fines.
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

Turnip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 04:38:43 am »

My sister is a proportional dwarf, so I have dwarf blood.
And (because of various programming quirks) dwarves are kinda stupid. Granted, so are the other races. But still.
And yet these stupid dwarves are going to eventually make a nuclear weapon out of cheese and basalt.

Styrre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 11:28:09 am »

Let's see. I'm pretty short, feature a full beard and long hair, run on booze, and own a cat.
I'm also a swordsdwarf, marksdwarf, novice wrestler, dabbling armorsmith and dabbling brewer.
On the other hand, I'm not cave adapted and I immensely enjoy the company of humans, so I can't be a true dwarf.
The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run. Over unsounded gorges, through the rifled hearts of mountains, under torrents' beds, unerringly I rush! Naught's an obstacle, naught's an angle to the iron way!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4