Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How dwarvish are you?  (Read 4074 times)

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
Re: How dwarvish are you?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 05:22:40 pm »

I was asked to trade with the humans, but I had a drink and then went to a party instead.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 05:26:58 pm »

I recently carried wounded back to bed. I win.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 05:38:58 pm »

I spammed my boss with
A_Fey_Dwarf cancels work: too tired x 5
A_Fey_Dwarf cancels work: too tired x 32
A_Fey_Dwarf cancels work: too tired x 87
A_Fey_Dwarf cancels work: too tired x 13
A_Fey_Dwarf cancels work: unconscious x 783

No really I stayed up all night then went to work and pretty much fell asleep standing up.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 05:55:07 pm »

That looks almost exactly like the trebuchet I built in high school.  I don't mean in the sense of "all trebuchets have the same basic design," I mean the diagonal supports and arm length and everything.  Except ours had a big ass solid cinderblock rigged up with chains, rather than a basket.  And wheels.   You probably could've gotten a few extra yards with wheels.  Ours got ~180 feet I think.

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 06:09:25 pm »

How dwarven am I!?!?!

Ask me when I'm finished in college and go on to build an UNDERGROUND house. Yes, i have plans being made for it. Yes i WILL build it. And if I'm still around in a few year i WILL post Pics.

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 06:45:01 pm »

How dwarven am I!?!?!

Ask me when I'm finished in college and go on to build an UNDERGROUND house. Yes, i have plans being made for it. Yes i WILL build it. And if I'm still around in a few year i WILL post Pics.

Remember to build it near a magma pipe so you can make a magma forge for all those ores you might find.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

overlordFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 06:49:59 pm »

How dwarven am I!?!?!

Remember to build it near a magma pipe so you can make a magma forge for all those ores you might find.

No really, a lot of people have underground houses now. Apperantly its better for the envirment or some crap like that.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 06:53:56 pm »

i can't go trougth a (work) day without alcohol.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2008, 07:13:12 pm »

Aqizzar, Hauler cancels break: Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by UPS.
Storing Item In Stockpile
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2008, 07:13:41 pm »

I've never heard of any one with an underground house :P
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2008, 07:37:05 pm »

i built a 17 foot tall trebuchet instead of being in class for my highschool senior physics course.  It was massive.  It was pretty neat but it tore itself apart after about 15 throws, we had about 400 pounds for a counterweight.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2008, 07:41:16 pm »

How dwarven am I!?!?!

No really, a lot of people have underground houses now. Apperantly its better for the envirment or some crap like that.

Oh, I'm not joking.

Build it near a magma pipe. The world needs more magma moats.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

StrayCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Living gateway for the demonic Laggabeast
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2008, 08:36:35 pm »

I made half a moat around my house before my dad got home when I was a wee one.

Hoo, did I get an asswhuppin'.

Oh, and I've build a wooden cannon before. And I'll be building houses this year for community service hours.
It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2008, 09:04:49 pm »

That reminds me of when i started digging a well in my grandmothers garden got about 5 feet down before i couldnt get out, then i had to go pick a switch off the peach tree and granny let me have it, LMAO.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2008, 11:26:25 pm »

That looks almost exactly like the trebuchet I built in high school.  I don't mean in the sense of "all trebuchets have the same basic design," I mean the diagonal supports and arm length and everything.  Except ours had a big ass solid cinderblock rigged up with chains, rather than a basket.  And wheels.   You probably could've gotten a few extra yards with wheels.  Ours got ~180 feet I think.
Well a 2x2 piece of wood probably isn't big enough to hold wheels very well, the hole needed would likely be to big. But I do understand that wheels help smooth out any jerking that occurs giving more energy to the throw. Oddly enough when we tested the trebuchet to make sure it works before we put on the pouch it jerked but with the pouch and potato it doesn't  ??? anyway we were using 37 pounds... I'm not sure how much a cinderblock weighs but the one I lost out to was a floating arm trebuchet that threw 113 meters and it was pretty big. I'll post a video of that one tommarrow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4