Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51

Author Topic: wehtam's roll to dodge round one, turn 32 and the game is on for new stuff.  (Read 56684 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: wehtam's roll to dodge round one
« Reply #285 on: January 11, 2009, 05:55:01 pm »

Shouldn't the person who is opening the trapdoor roll first? It just seems really cheap to lose a roll because I tried to go through a closed trapdoor when the person opening it rolled after me.

I try to sneak through the trapdoor, being careful only to go after a roll that makes it easier to go through the trapdoor.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Wolfmanz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 11, 2009, 06:21:15 pm »

Ack. I roll to use my un-material arms to get me out of the armor and throw it down the trap door.
"The best times in life are when you can genuienly add a bwa to your ha"

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 11, 2009, 08:12:50 pm »

Just Yanlin and Tokay left to post.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2009, 04:08:50 am »

Awesome. Giant ghost minion.

Actions:

Free: I use my true sight ability on Corr's sword and what's behind the now open trapdoor.

Normal: I train my ghost in performing various tasks. (I'm trying to get an extra action per turn. Even if it's just an extra free action.)

Cheers.

WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Tokay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2009, 01:19:43 pm »

I jump down the trapdoor and don't swing my scythe around.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 08:55:33 am by Tokay »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2009, 01:47:20 pm »

That's unwise. We do not yet know what lies there. It may be vital for our success and you may break it.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Correleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 12, 2009, 08:31:48 pm »

Thanks. Hopefully something good will happen. Otherwise, I am at light bleeding already.

Wolfmanz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 12, 2009, 11:56:51 pm »

:o  :'( :o
Wehtam, you're a cruel, cruel man.
 :o :'(  :o
"The best times in life are when you can genuienly add a bwa to your ha"

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2009, 06:17:04 pm »

Mwah ha ha this is where you will begin your decent into lower level one of the true tournament. Be prepared for alot of things and it will probably help you if you know the the themes used....

Also rolls up soon.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2009, 08:17:23 pm »

ROLL TO DODGE!!!!!

My action is to shoot spears of frozen air into the room below us. My free action is to stand next to the open trap door.
You stand next to the open trap door and try to summon up some frozen air to launch down it (1+3=4) you summon up some cold air and hurl it down which makes it colder down below and the animal voices below fade some as if some have left looking for some where warmer.

I try to telepathically communicate with the ghosts.
You walk over to Yanlin’s ghost and try to start communicating telepathically (5+1) you break into their minds and gain access to all the information they have you now know everything someone would want to know about goblins and many more things they wouldn’t you can now also speak goblin.(P.S. I can’t translate goblin so don’t post in it.)

I am going to use my electric powers to read the electromagnetic patterns of the brains past the trap door.
You try to focus on the electromagnetic patterns below you and (2) can’t seem to make your powers stretch that far.

Ack. I roll to use my un-material arms to get me out of the armor and throw it down the trap door.
You ethereal arms take your armor off and you try to throw it down the trap door (2) but you miss and it lands on the floor beside you.

I jump down the trapdoor and don't swing my scythe around.
You jump down the trap door and find yourself accelerating quickly toward the ground about a hundred feet below you. Dodge roll (3) you spread out to decrease your speed some but you still hit the ground hard enough to leave you unable to move for 1 turn. You then try very hard not to swing your scythe around (4) and you manage to keep from pulling it out. (P.S. I’ll cover what’s down here at the end of rolls.)

I try to sneak through the trapdoor, being careful only to go after a roll that makes it easier to go through the trapdoor.
You try to be extra sneaky as you head through the trap door (3) you were doing well until right before you descended when you tripped and fell in, you begin hurtling towards the ground. Dodge roll (4) you regain your posture do and arrange your kilt to work like a parachute and you land safely on the ground.

Actions:
Free: I use my true sight ability on Corr's sword and what's behind the now open trapdoor.
Normal: I train my ghost in performing various tasks. (I'm trying to get an extra action per turn. Even if it's just an extra free action.)
Your royal highness looks at Correleon’s sword and see that its just a plain sword. Your royal highness then tries to teach he ghost minion how to perform simple tasks (5) the seven goblin minds working together pick it up quickly and will perform one extra free action for you per turn they can also be used to fend of other lesser spirits. +1 exp spirit manipulation.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Current situation: You are all currently in the volcano "The Pit of Infinite Joy and Sunshine". You have passed the front doors, illuminated the darkened room, ascended the obsidian staircase, reached the platform, and are passed the door and a room with a large frozen pool, in the room of weapons and only weapons, another room has been found and opened which now contains 14 goblin halves their souls have been combined into one big ghost, and under a weapon rack a trap door has been noticed and opened, 100ft down is a small farm with a small two story farm house, a barn, and what appears to be the foundation of a tower.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2009, 09:29:03 pm »

I call out to the animals in mimicry, trying to make them come back.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2009, 11:08:14 pm »

Free Action: Fly into room below.
Regular Action: Create 45 perfect spheres of unmeltable ice
Spirits of Ice fly right?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:58:40 pm by neo1096 »
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2009, 11:49:30 pm »

I carefully enter the room below.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 14, 2009, 04:56:41 am »

For the record, can ghosts grab stuff or are totally "On another dimension" or something, unable to interact with this world? I want the ghost to grab something.

Free: I send my ghost to guard Tokay and Cheetar.

Free: I evaluate how high the fall in the trap door is.

Normal: If I missed something and the trap door has stairs or a ladder, I climb the ladder down. If there is no such thing, I attempt to improve Correleon's sword either by giving it mandating powers or just making it sharper.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Tokay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2009, 11:06:38 am »

I listen for sounds of the animals, to try to locate them.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51