Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51

Author Topic: wehtam's roll to dodge round one, turn 32 and the game is on for new stuff.  (Read 56666 times)

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
Re: wehtam's roll to dodge round one
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2009, 01:31:36 pm »

If you all actually fight the animals in a formation I'll give you all a +1 bonus to defense. But you have to show me you are in formation by yelling things like "tonight we dine in hell" or "tighten the formation" etc.

Also maybe you should try out one of those dog souls on yourself/ally neo could be useful during the charge. (Note souls only affect the user for one turn then disappear. For more info look back to when this ability first came up.)
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2009, 01:52:52 pm »

I must have be hit with the generosity stick today because I've decided that if someone decides to make a list of who has killed what and who figured out the first reference I'll add up the points so those that heve done something will be able to use the points if they want.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 23, 2009, 02:26:57 pm »

If you all actually fight the animals in a formation I'll give you all a +1 bonus to defense. But you have to show me you are in formation by yelling things like "tonight we dine in hell" or "tighten the formation" etc.

Also maybe you should try out one of those dog souls on yourself/ally neo could be useful during the charge. (Note souls only affect the user for one turn then disappear. For more info look back to when this ability first came up.)

Then add me shouting "Our rolls opened the front doors. But before that, we held the line. Our rolls defeated the carp. But before that, we held the line! Our rolls will stop the animals. In the battle today, WE. WILL HOLD. THE LINE!"

Reference: Mass effect.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HoldTheLine

Speech in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaFo_H34t9s
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 05:49:28 pm by Yanlin »
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Correleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 23, 2009, 04:03:11 pm »

good to see you know your tropes. I am in the paralyzed formation. ehehe. Since my mind is still working, I try and increase its capabilities again.

Wolfmanz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2009, 03:32:02 am »

I get into position stating "the great thing about being me, is that there are so many mees," just to see Neo sweat.
You know the reference.

I think that's a free action, so pick up 2 of my anything to anything potions and prepare to throw them.
(How do you spell a plural me?????)
"The best times in life are when you can genuienly add a bwa to your ha"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2009, 03:37:03 am »

I direct the attention of my mind to the room where the pigs are hiding. I attempt to drive them insane through the sheer volume of my discordant mental pulses, transmitted via telepathy.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 24, 2009, 12:04:30 pm »

Wolfmanz where does your quote come from?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 24, 2009, 04:34:06 pm »

Good question. Google has a few people saying the same thing, but none that look like it's the original source. It seems like a word or two of that is wrong, and all the google search shows is the other people who have misquoted it in the same way.

Edit: The misquotations on google lead me to believe it's from the matrix.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 24, 2009, 05:04:12 pm »

Oh yeah agent smith and a pun on "Neo".

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 24, 2009, 10:19:23 pm »

Gahh the roll was almost done and then I realized Tokay hadn't posted yet. Tokay please hurry or we will put you on auto pilot.

Wolfmanz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 24, 2009, 10:57:03 pm »

....I thought that you would recognize the Matrix reference.
Or should I have gone with the There is no spoon thing?
or the Humanity is a disease rant?
Or one of the oracles would you have still broken the vase if I hadn't said anything talks?
Or the Commander Mifune We'll give em hell before we do Speech?
...On second thought, that would have been better.
"The best times in life are when you can genuienly add a bwa to your ha"

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 24, 2009, 11:38:44 pm »

It would have seince you don't have any minions or duplicates.

Tokay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 25, 2009, 12:39:28 pm »

Sorry for being late again.
I threaten to blow down the house if the pigs dont surrender.
I try to aid inaluct with his insanedriving attempt by make scary sounds.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:06:03 pm by Tokay »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 25, 2009, 12:43:55 pm »

That's just a free action. You should put in a normal one too.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 25, 2009, 09:02:57 pm »

ROLL TO DODGE!!!!!

I create a slick ice floor in front of us to make the animals lose their footing as they run at us!
You attempt to pave their way with ice as they charge towards you (1+3=4) you cast your power before you and make a field of ice the animals charging across it will have a -1 to dodges from bad footing.

Ghost action: Switch to defense mode.

Free action: "Our rolls opened the front doors. But before that, we held the line. Our rolls defeated the carp. But before that, we held the line! Our rolls will stop the animals. In the battle today, WE. WILL HOLD. THE LINE!"

Normal action: I start the formation.
Your ghost switches to defense mode and you call out you battle cry. Your royal highness then attempts to form a defensive line (3) you stumble around a bit but eventually end up where you need to be.

I help write down a pig-to-english guide for Snowball, so he can give inspirational speeches to my teammates. (and also giving me mimicry (mimiwrite?) experience). Snowball shall read it when I finish.
You attempt to write a pig to English guide (1+1=2) but you soon realize that holding a conversation through mimicry is not the same as knowing the. Snowball just watches expectantly. 

I am in the paralyzed formation. ehehe. Since my mind is still working, I try and increase its capabilities again.
You once again try to force yourself into a more intelligent state through electric manipulation of your brain (5) you find yourself gaining control of your body regardless of your paralysis as you now understand how to make your nerves respond faster with electrical currents +1 to dodge rolls. +1 exp electro kinesis.

I get into position stating "the great thing about being me, is that there are so many me’s," just to see Neo sweat.

I think that's a free action, so pick up 2 of my anything to anything potions and prepare to throw them.

You use a matrix reference that doesn’t really fit as you stomp into formation. You then prepare to throw two of your anything to anything potions (2) you were luckily already holding two( but you get no accuracy bonus when you decide to throw them).

I direct the attention of my mind to the room where the pigs are hiding. I attempt to drive them insane through the sheer volume of my discordant mental pulses, transmitted via telepathy.
I threaten to blow down the house if the pigs don’t surrender.
I try to aid inaluct with his insane driving attempt by making scary sounds.
Inaluct and Tokay attempt to unleash a mental assault on the pigs
Inaluct (1+1=2) you try to summon up your powers but they suddenly evade you.
Tokay (1) screech at the door but on the other side all you hear are what sounds like laughter and muffled yells for help.

War dog 1: Condition fine. Steveist

War dog 4: Condition bruised. Steveist

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Current situation: You are all currently in the volcano "The Pit of Infinite Joy and Sunshine". You have passed the front doors, illuminated the darkened room, ascended the obsidian staircase, reached the platform, and are passed the door and a room with a large frozen pool, in the room of weapons and only weapons, another room has been found and opened which now contains 14 goblin halves their souls have been combined into one big ghost, and under a weapon rack a trap door was noticed and opened, 100ft down is a small farm with a small two story farm house, a barn, and what appears to be the foundation of a windmill. They have approached the house and the pigs called the alarm 2 war dogs are on you but are no longer a threat and in 1 turns the rest of the animals will arrive the pigs are in an upstairs room of the house with a hostage.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 51