Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No power in hell...  (Read 1746 times)

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No power in hell...
« on: December 05, 2008, 11:44:07 am »

[not even the HFS] can make a dwarf take something out of a barrel and put it somewhere else.

I've even tried dumping the barrel, with stockpiles right next to the dump spot for the items inside.  They dump the barrel [with everything in it] and walk away.
Cage traps are my magma.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No power in hell...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:47:26 pm »

Open barrel, see list of meats, scroll down to meat, press enter, NOW dump

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 05:37:30 pm »

Note that you can't dump liquids such as booze or milk. Or rather, you are not supposed to be able to and if you manage it somehow it's a bug (afaik most of them have been fixed though).

Otherwise, Pilsu's suggestion is correct and should work.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 12:57:50 am »

Ok, thanks.
Cage traps are my magma.

Springbok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 02:03:58 am »

I have a semi related question.

I have a war dog that has a rope in his inventory.  I want that rope.  How do I get the rope?

I tried marking it for dumping, but, being a dog, he doesn't seem to speak Dwarfish. ???

sbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 02:05:26 am »

I have a semi related question.

I have a war dog that has a rope in his inventory.  I want that rope.  How do I get the rope?

I tried marking it for dumping, but, being a dog, he doesn't seem to speak Dwarfish. ???
Is the dog on a restraint?

Springbok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 03:11:09 am »

He was.  I wanted to let him go, so I demolished the rope (I now realise I can just let them go).  However, I want to chain him up again and I don't have any more rope, so I need the one he has back.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 05:41:46 am »

Well if it's not forbidden and has been marked for dumping (you have a zone for it right?) and you have idle laborers to do it and it still remains attached, try building it or butchering the dog

sbr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 01:32:53 pm »

Quote from: Springbok
However, I want to chain him up again

Quote from: pilsu
or butchering the dog

That seems rather counterproductive. 

duro

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 02:20:11 pm »

Quote from: Springbok
However, I want to chain him up again

Quote from: pilsu
or butchering the dog

That seems rather counterproductive. 

Depends. If you count meat chunks hanging from the ceiling as being chained up, it's still valid.
If slavery, barbarism and desolation are to be called peace, men can have no worse misfortune.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 08:59:11 pm »

Note that you can't dump liquids such as booze or milk. Or rather, you are not supposed to be able to and if you manage it somehow it's a bug (afaik most of them have been fixed though).

Otherwise, Pilsu's suggestion is correct and should work.

We should be able to dump booze from containers. Then we could create massive 5 Z levels deep pools of alcohol in which to dump errant nobles. Then their deaths at least arent so cruel.

Also, consider the effects of creating a pond of alcohol and lighting it on fire.

;D ;D ;D

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 09:06:28 pm »

I second that strongly. Pools of liquids would be extremely awesome.

Imagine a waterfall of ichor! You could mix in small amounts of blood and vomit for cool effects!  :)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 09:30:42 pm »

I second that strongly. Pools of liquids would be extremely awesome.

Imagine a waterfall of ichor! You could mix in small amounts of blood and vomit for cool effects!  :)
A true dwarf would only think of alcohol falls!  The first I thought of was milk falls, though . . .
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 11:03:47 pm »

I seem to remember Toady talking about implementing booze flows at one point in time.   The hang up is apparently getting it to still know what kind of booze it's made of, so its a far future thing. 

I believe the main part of that talked about a booze fountain.  Which I'm sure would fit well in any dining room.  Imagine the happy thought from that mist.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:06:23 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 08:51:57 pm »

I seem to remember Toady talking about implementing booze flows at one point in time.   The hang up is apparently getting it to still know what kind of booze it's made of, so its a far future thing. 

I believe the main part of that talked about a booze fountain.  Which I'm sure would fit well in any dining room.  Imagine the happy thought from that mist.
Wait!  Brilliance:
If we had raws for liquids such as
[MATGLOSS:LIQUID_WATER:LIQUID_WATER_SALT]
  [BOILINGPOINT:(whatever)]
  [etc. . .]
[MATGLOSS:LIQUID_BOOZE:LIQUID_WINE_DWARVEN]
  [DATASOURCE:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP]
where the data for dwarven wine in the plump helmet's matgloss entry could act as data for the latter of those two, we could easily have booze flows, couldn't we?  Especially if the [liQUID] entry was automatically generated for any plant entries that had booze related tags.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: [1] 2