Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Item deleter utility?  (Read 1827 times)

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
Item deleter utility?
« on: December 04, 2008, 05:53:14 pm »

i have a ton of stone and other crap i want to get rid of. Is there any utility that would allow me to select an item type, say microcline, and then delete all of it from the map?
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Item deleter utility?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:08:06 pm »

Not as far as I know.

You could just dump it all into one tile, then smash it with a drawbridge though.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:22:43 pm »

Your best bet would be temporarily modding its melting/boiling point to something really low, which will cause all the microcline on your map to spontaneously evaporate.  Boiling microcline will probably kill creatures, so watch out.  Also, constructions (walls and floors made of microcline) won't be affected.

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 12:45:38 pm »

that sounds good footkerchief, ill give it a try
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 01:49:48 pm »

Tell us how that turns out, that could be very useful...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:56:52 pm »

oh also, since i might aswell ask in this thread, in the tile editor in the tweak utility, is there anyway of changeing more than one tile at a time?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 02:01:18 pm »

oh also, since i might aswell ask in this thread, in the tile editor in the tweak utility, is there anyway of changeing more than one tile at a time?

There's a separate module for handling exactly that, and it's ridiculously powerful: http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/User:Exponent/For_Each_Tile

Inquisitor Saturn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 02:59:00 pm »

Your best bet would be temporarily modding its melting/boiling point to something really low, which will cause all the microcline on your map to spontaneously evaporate.  Boiling microcline will probably kill creatures, so watch out.  Also, constructions (walls and floors made of microcline) won't be affected.

I can confirm that it WONT harm the creatures. You see, the liquid itself is harmless, and the temperature will remain the same, so they can't be burned.

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 03:33:29 pm »

thanks for the link foot.
edit: i was being stupid.
my actual question is - do i just add the tag [BOILING_POINT:####] to the stone i need to boil? and what temperature should i set it to?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:46:46 pm by Randominality »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 05:56:49 pm »

Yes. [BOILING_POINT:1000] should do it.  Make sure you've got temperature enabled in init, too.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:59:56 pm by Footkerchief »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 11:08:44 am »

If you set the temperature to something really low, like [BOILING_POINT:1] than they will kill nearby creatures, however, if the boiling point is set to just under room temperature, than their boiling clouds will not be cold enough to hurt people.

@Inquisitor: Things that are set to boil below room temperature automatically become the temperature that they are set to boil at, meaning if they boil at -10000 degrees, than the boiling cloud will be -10000 degrees, killing anything inside.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 11:17:27 am »

@Inquisitor: Things that are set to boil below room temperature automatically become the temperature that they are set to boil at, meaning if they boil at -10000 degrees, than the boiling cloud will be -10000 degrees, killing anything inside.

That explains a lot.  Kind of strange that the game doesn't raise the temperature of the gas, but I guess it doesn't track latent heat as a material property yet.

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 01:14:09 pm »

oh by the way
when setting a lower boiling point what i2amroy said definitely make sure its not too low setting the BP to 100 made some of my dwarves freeze to death. Also any constructions made with the raw rock (not the blocks made out of it) will boil away.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 04:53:48 pm »

Now that the constructions boil away, that is cool. Imagine if a bunch of goblins are running through your front pillared hallway when suddenly all of the pillars vaporize, causing the room to collapse and kill all of them, this might be a cheater (yet effective) method of dealing with HFS.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 06:47:09 pm »

For single squares, I find that filling the square with, 7/7 water and setting the temperature to 0 will effectively destroy every item and/or creature in that square.  Afterwards, bring the temperature back to normal and remove the resulting water.
Pages: [1] 2