Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Crocodile vandalism  (Read 5943 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Crocodile vandalism
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, 06:08:12 pm »

Note, caravans hate tamed creatures from underground water features. It's a bug. This is why your crocodile killed the Human Guild Representative, or more likely, the crocodile defended himself from the attacks from the Human Guild Representative.

I was angry when for no reason the dwarven caravan showed up and killed my only cave crocodile.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Skooma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 08:45:03 pm »

When a creature is tamed after having killed a sentient they will turn out like your croc, and they are immune to traps, but your military should be attacking him if the squad is set to harass dangerous wild animals. I think the default is ignore, go to (m)ilitary menu and (v)iew squad and (a)nimals setting.

I thought taming sentient-killers was impossible?

Only after they kill a dwarf.

Great Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes metal for its screaming guitars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 03:46:34 am »

Note, caravans hate tamed creatures from underground water features. It's a bug. This is why your crocodile killed the Human Guild Representative, or more likely, the crocodile defended himself from the attacks from the Human Guild Representative.
Ah, that sucks. I was planning to eventually replace all my wardogs with cave crocs. :(

I don't think the representative initiated the attack though. After having had a chunk torn out of him by the croc, he ran for dear life. (Successfully, as the croc was unable to follow him through a series of tightly locked doors.)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:28:28 pm by Great Cthulhu »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 05:16:06 am »

I was angry when for no reason the dwarven caravan showed up and killed my only cave crocodile.

Hello cunning plan.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 05:16:23 pm »

This doesn't make much sense to me. Aren't the diplomats as strong and tough as the olympian gods? If he attacked first the crocodile would be in pain and at a severe disadvantage. To defend himself and kill the diplomat is an incredible feat and we have heard several accounts of this.

Then again I might be underestimating cave crocodiles.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 05:17:56 pm »

yes, who wouldnt want to kill humans and elves?
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 09:41:34 pm »

Then again I might be underestimating cave crocodiles.
You do not know fear.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Great Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes metal for its screaming guitars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 01:27:37 pm »

And now another cave croc has taken his place. :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]