Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Genghis Kahn Experiment  (Read 1877 times)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
Re: The Genghis Kahn Experiment
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 05:39:58 am »

That...would be one epic war.

I'd even vote to take a band of hearty adventurers, and sellsword oursleves against the Orcs!

That-would be a fine story.

*Waits for army overhauls...*

Anyone got soda?

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 05:56:50 am »

This is an experiment I am conducting using Rysith's Orcs.

Upload the save file and the modified files. I want to slaughter the orc empire.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 06:02:56 am »

Empire? Hmm.

Can we has rebellion? ^_^

"Rogue fighters have broken off from the main group. Come with me!"

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 09:09:01 am »

In the Legendary Lands mod, I've generated worlds where goblins have had gigantic continent-spanning empires with 30-40 sites and several sites with over a thousand goblins.  They were finally stopped, seemingly by a tiny human kingdom.  Upon further inspection, though, the humans are the ones who are trying to expand into the goblin areas.  The goblins send VAST armies at the human settlements as they appear (i.e. almost 10k goblins), versus the couple hundred human settlers, with predictable results.  In truth, the goblins simply cannot expand into the human empire because of a thin strip of Savage land separating them.

I would expect that most of your warlike civs are stopping due to those biome requirements, and that there can be no civs in savage areas.  I would try A) adding [SAVAGE] to orcs if they don't already have it to see if that allows them to go into savage areas and B) messing with the savagery settings in map creation to try to get really huge empires.  It's sort of a balance; people usually want savage maps because that means more wildlife, but at the expense of bigger enemy civilizations.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 09:26:06 am »

Wow. 300 men against 10,000 goblins?

Let's see the stuff. Wow. Just wow.

I want to try it in the next version.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 09:55:26 am »

This is an experiment I am conducting using Rysith's Orcs.

Upload the save file and the modified files. I want to slaughter the orc empire.

I am a bit of a lunkhead, and have a really bad habit of purging my save files when generating new worlds. >__<

That said, if we can crack this riddle, then hopefully these sort of empires won't be such an anomaly...

Reducing the savagery settings seems like one route to take, though as I stated in a previous post, I had orcs with perfectly good non-savage, non-good, temperate Wilderness of the appropriate biome nearby that they simply refused to move into for hundreds of years. Some things are just up to the RNG, it seems...

Though if LL can produce continent-spanning goblins, I may have to see what their recipie is.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!
Pages: 1 [2]