Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: LEGO mod - v.1.07 (new civs partially fixed); now with simple graphics!  (Read 12972 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile

First I think I should note that this is not a total conversion mod.  I've been working on this mod on and off for awhile now, and it now includes more LEGOs, but more than half the content is still Bionicle.

I have plans to add in other LEGO related creatures and items later on.
Feedback is appreciated.

You can get it here.

Current features:
5 new civs:
-Minifigures:  These are small, resiliant creatures that are incredibly difficult to kill.  They drop plastic bars on death.  All their weapons are blunt.  They can be played in adventure mode.
-Matoran(fortress mode):  the standard bionicle race.  They have element-based weapons and wear masks instead of helms.  They are the same size as humans and live in towns, and only settle in the good lands.
-Makuta(fortress mode):  Suits of armor animated by sentient clouds of dark energy.  Creatures of the wild generally avoid encounters with these, and the Makuta leaders are powerful enough to bend the greatest of beasts to their will.
-Skakdi:  Once peaceful, the Makuta corrupted this race in a failed experiment.  They now raid other fortresses for their children and wealth.  They only use copper, but are large and strong.
-Bohrok:  These powerful machines lurk in their cave, waiting for the time to perform their duty of destroying everything in the land.

5 new megabeasts, including the Tahtorak, winner of the Bionicle Rahi building contest(no I did not build it, someone else did, I don't remember who. I need to look this up but don't have the time).

2 new metals:  Protosteel, a strong steel alloy, and Protoiron, a component of Protosteel that has no other use than for making anvils, picks, and furniture.

3 new gems:
Razor Crystals, which once cut can be fused into blades for swords, light stones, which can be used to make crystal glass, and clear plastic, which has a 50% chance of having plastic grain, a soil that can be for glass making and, for some reason, farming (never mind-it doesn't work out.  I need to work out something else I can do with it).

5 new animals:
-horse minifigures:  Tiny plastic horses.  They aren't really that useful.
-chimpanzee minifigures:  a lot like the horses, but more monkey like.
-Kikinalo:  Large herd animals similar to both kangaroos and rhinos.  Can be trained at the kennels.
-Gukko bird:  A large four-winged bird
-Ussal Crab:  Large crabs used as pack animals.
-Shadow Matoran:  Matoran corrupted by the Makuta.
-Airship:  strictly speaking, not an animal, and it can't fly.  It is a new wagon type.

New weapons that do damage based on the elements, and Kanohi masks as helms for Matoran and Makuta.

A new language used by the Bionicle civilizations.

Future developments:
-New civs based on other Lego genres.
-New Megabeasts based on the above, including a lego dragon.
-New Lego versions of certain animals already in DF.
-Any other good ideas that people suggest.

Current bugs:
-Earthshock Drill:  This weapon that does gore damage has to be split into two entries in order to use it for digging.  D indicates it is for digging and a W indicates it is able to be used as a mace.
-Shadow Matoran:  A domestic animal with the intelligent tag.  It currently gets thirsty and hungry.  I can fix this, but haven't gotten around to it(fixed-they have the no_eat/drink/sleep tags)
-The new races will not trade with each other or the dwarves(partially fixed as of 1.07; only dwarves will not interact with new races)
-Energized protodermis, an new coal source, will not appear due to the way HFS works(fixed-it now shows up in solid protodermis)
-Plastic Grain does not work like sand.  It can, however, be smoothed.
-I tried making a simple graphics set, but it is very buggy.  Help would be appreciated.(fixed)

Here is an example of the graphics, packaged with the rest of the mod:

To get a better look at it, right click, select "view image," and hit ctrl= to expand the view.
Going clockwise from the upper left corner, the creatures are matoran civilians, matoran soldiers, makuta soldiers, and makuta civilians.

There is now a pregenerated world available here(does not use latest version of LEGO mod - I will fix this later).

Also, thanks goes out to the LEGO Group for filling the world with such wonderful toys and inspiring this mod  :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:05:24 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: LEGO mod (has nothing to do with the Legoland thread-except the word Lego)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 06:51:22 pm »

-
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:18:42 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 06:56:32 pm »

it lookz good hadent seen this before will download and play test ^^
POKHOMME http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=84 Race mod im working on.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 08:03:59 pm »

Eh, sorry man, just never been too much into the Bionicle guys.  More of a traditionalist myself, and I can't pronounce any of the words.  I'll still check it out for playstyling.

And if I ever get off my ass and make the Legoland mod, I'll throw Bionicles in as Semimegabeasts, or civilization of giants or something.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 08:28:39 pm »

Eh, sorry man, just never been too much into the Bionicle guys.  More of a traditionalist myself, and I can't pronounce any of the words.  I'll still check it out for playstyling.

And if I ever get off my ass and make the Legoland mod, I'll throw Bionicles in as Semimegabeasts, or civilization of giants or something.
Normal LEGOs are going to be added in, I just can't work on this at the moment, as I am away from my usual computer.  I mean to get on that as soon as possible, though.  The reason I started with Bionicle is because I saw that masks were in the raws, and the thought just hit me.
Just so I remember

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 08:56:12 pm »

the Bohrok widped out the Matoran wth in the first 300 years lol but it seems stable i didnt see anything wrong its nice keep it up ^_^

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 09:02:41 pm »

the Bohrok widped out the Matoran wth in the first 300 years lol but it seems stable i didnt see anything wrong its nice keep it up ^_^
Thanks.  I guess I might have to work out something else for the Bohrok (and nerf them some more).  Is there any way to guarantee they won't fight with other civs, aside from ethics?
Just so I remember

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 09:15:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 09:20:29 pm »

Ooh, that's a good idea.  I still want people to be able to play them in adventure mode, though.  Maybe I can make a (relatively) weak civ version and a
Just so I remember

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 09:31:13 pm »

I just looked at the buglist and realized, if you add-
Code: [Select]
[RANGED:MACE:BLOWDART]
-to the digger drill, you can use it to dig, and soldiers told to equip maces will pick it up as a weapon, thanks to that oh so handy and wacky bug.  It means macemen won't gain mace skill and instead become really good miners, but since they would be using the mining skill to attack anyway, it all works out.  They'll just be listed as recruits though.

EDIT: Not to mention, you didn't update the entity file to differentiate between the two drills, so nobody can make either one.

MORE EDIT: Toa of blah?  Readme maybe?  I know it's in the raw but still, it's confusing for someone who doesn't know this.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:02:15 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 08:34:05 pm »

EDIT: Not to mention, you didn't update the entity file to differentiate between the two drills, so nobody can make either one.

MORE EDIT: Toa of blah?  Readme maybe?  I know it's in the raw but still, it's confusing for someone who doesn't know this.
Sorry about that,  I'll put those in with the next update.  I'm back to my normal computer now, so I can work on this.
I should have an update with a readme and a few bug fixes ready tomorrow.  I'm still a bit baffled by the Bohrok, I haven't seen them wipe out other civs before with my game.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:01:13 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

Jurassiced

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 09:14:20 pm »

Bohrok still wiping out the other CIV's within the first 200-300 years but if you change to swampland seems to nerf them quite a bit and they dont expand near as fast

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 07:48:44 pm »

I've uploaded the new version.  It has a Notes.txt file that explains the new additions in more detail.  It adds in three new gems and fixes some of the bugs.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 08:11:59 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 09:03:31 pm »

I've uploaded another new version, 1.04.  It now has plenty of stuff other than bionicle, with more to come later on.  There is also a pregenerated world available that is compatible with the newest version.

If you have an older version, you will need to delete the older files in the data/object and the raw/object folders, because I changed the name of most of the files.
Just so I remember

Orange Drink

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 02:15:20 am »

since this is a LEGO mod, can i make a bionicle mod, using some of your raws?

also, the bohrok never had wings.
Pages: [1] 2