Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131676 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #660 on: September 05, 2009, 06:28:18 pm »

Hawkfrost's a girl, mate.  ::)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 05, 2009, 06:41:45 pm »

And how did Iton shoot HIMSELF?

Iton continued to fire bolts into the crowd. It was only a matter of time before a bolt found its target though as it sliced across Iton's arm and into his chestplate.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 05, 2009, 06:43:43 pm »

Barbarossa: I really should rephrase that. That was when Iton got shot by the Undead Crossbows. Sorry for the confusion EDIT: I think it makes sense now.

Hawkfrost: Sorry about that. The name keeps throwing me off. Fixed the mistakes I found.

Sonerohi: No hand ballista, I'd say you're causing a nice bit of carnage with those swords anyway.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:47:45 pm by thunderclan »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 05, 2009, 07:10:22 pm »

Thanks! Just correcting errors for when I get the motivation to turn the entirety of this story into a downloadable PDF for the Hall of Legends.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 06, 2009, 06:14:42 am »

Just found a typo here:

Hawkfrost said as she Nil's scope back to him.

Shouldn't it be "Hawkfrost said as she handed Nil's scope back to him?

Great update anyway.
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 06, 2009, 12:08:17 pm »

Just found a typo here:

Hawkfrost said as she Nil's scope back to him.

Shouldn't it be "Hawkfrost said as she handed Nil's scope back to him?

Great update anyway.

I'm so good, fixed one error and created another.  ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 07, 2009, 12:18:33 pm »

15th Hematite: The Perfection of Lancing

"Tamunshin, not yet." Arzez hissed as the young Axedwarf prepared to leap out at the Undead clustered around the road. Ignoring his squad leader Tamunshin leapt into the middle of the bony horde, axe taking out several Undead before they could react.

"Hold your Fire!" Arzez shouted at Giken as he and Keshan joined Arzez on the battlefield though the Warrior had already decimated most of the Undead soldiers.

Cutting down the few that tried to flee across the border Arzez led his Warriors back toward the gates.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arzez: 5
Keshan 0
Tamunshin 11
Giken 0

Sorry this report is so short but Tamunshin jumped into battle while I was still watching Sir Nil's squad and by the time I got there 9 of 16 were dead.

Final part coming soon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 07, 2009, 02:16:02 pm »

Awesome job, skellingtons! You just got ambushed by a DWARF.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 07, 2009, 10:04:11 pm »

Haha, well at least he WON the fight. It woulda been terrible if he had been killed.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 08, 2009, 02:39:22 pm »

15th Hematite: Final Battle

Arzez was shocked to see the Warriors under Wok and Sir Nil's command so banged up and worn out. As his squad settled on the ground to rest Sir Nil came over to him.

"These battles have been hard on our Warriors. The Undead squad to the North show no signs of retreating despit the fact that we've destroyed their companions. Your Warriors appear to be in the best shape to continue the fight." Sir Nil said as he gazed at the Warriors sitting around them.

"Take your squad to the North and end this siege Arzez. We won't be able to give you any backup so you'll have to make do with your squad as it is. Good luck." With a nod to the Deputy Arzez turned to his Warriors and repeated Nil's orders before leading them off toward the chasm.
Arzez let loose a battle cry as he led the charge at the Undead forces. As the Warriors passed from the open field into the valley where the Undead waited they were forced to bunch together. As more Undead suddenly appeared behind them Arzez realized they had charged right into a trap.

Halting the charge Arzez ordered Keshan and Tamunshin to guard Giken. The Marksdwarf let loose a trio of bolts which crashed into the skeletons, shatteing bones and sending several to the ground with missing legs while Arzez jumped into the middle of the closest group of Undead and lashed out with his sword.

Felling 3 before they could retaliate the Swordsman went on the defensive, ducking and parrying the blows of mace and sword. He was overwhelmed by the numbers though and eventually a mace smashed into his left leg snapping the bone and twisting it to a weird angle. Screaming at the sudden pain the Warrior fell to the ground, pulling his shield in to block the blows that continued to rain down on him.

Seeing his captain fall Tamunshin charged into battle with Keshan at his side. The 2 Dwarves quickly decimated 5 skeletons between them before they drew to much attention to themselves and were pounced on by several Lashers.

Seeing the skeleton's attention turning away from him Arzez took a chance and swept his sword along the ground, cleaving the legs from under a couple surprised Axemen before beheading them. Seeing Giken about to be stabbed in the back by a skeleton Arzez drew and tossed his dagger with as much strength as he could before he fell into darkness.

The young Warrior would have been proud to see the result of his effort. The dagger plunged into the skull of the backstabbing skeleton, smashing the bone and continuing into the next grinning skull.

Scanning the area and seeing  heavily armored Undead coming at him he pulled the last 2 bolts from his quiver and fitting them onto his crossbow. The skeletons saw the movement and raised their shields, knowing that normal bolts could never get through their armor.

Had they been able to think they might have noticed that the heads of these bolts was different from most. Instead of being a simple point the heads split into 4 hooks surrounding the normal point.

Firing Giken smailed as he watched the Sarek's experiment punch straight through the iron helmets the Undead wore and into the skulls beneath. After watching for another moment Giken raced toward his fallen captain.

Keshan and Tamunshin joined him at Arzez's side. There was a great deal of blood running down Tamunshin's right arm and Keshan was favoring his shoulder where a hammer had hit it. Giken quickly dsicovered that Arzez was alive but uncouncious. Slinging his friend over his shoulders Giken started back toward the fortress.

Halting for a moment he reached for the iron trumpet hanging off of Arzez's belt and blew a loud note on it, signalling the all clear to Sir Nil and Fireheart.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We still haven't lost any Warriors though about half of them are injured now. The siege is broken though.

Arzez: 9
Tamunshin 2
Keshan 3
Giken 2

The new Total Kills Table follows:

Wok: 52
Nil: 73
Hawkfrost: 24
Vabok: 25
Kornash: 24
Speardwarf: 36
Iton: 9
Bob: 45
Arzez: 23
Tamunshin: 21
Keshan: 4
Giken: 3

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 08, 2009, 08:10:01 pm »

Fourth is pretty good, I guess. Bob, I'll catch you!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2009, 08:52:12 pm »

This is the only community story I have followed to last this long without warriors dying (knock on wood).  They do get bloodied up a bit though . . . perhaps they are being magically protected by Armok?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 08, 2009, 09:02:33 pm »

Kornash died.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 08, 2009, 09:05:24 pm »

He did?  Oh.  Oops.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 08, 2009, 09:09:44 pm »

This is the only community story I have followed to last this long without alot of warriors dying (knock on wood).  They do get bloodied up a bit though . . . perhaps they are being magically protected by Armok?

Maybe that is more appropriate?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 106