Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131675 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #645 on: September 03, 2009, 01:27:31 am »

At least it'll free up a bed for one of the empty rooms

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 03, 2009, 06:38:25 pm »

Aw dang it.  Well, at least I had a mood! ;D
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 03, 2009, 08:20:55 pm »

And a bed is better then most of the artifacts we've gotten. I think we have around a dozen artifacts and about 6 are actually useful.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 03, 2009, 10:18:57 pm »

This should be interesting. The undead have laid siege to us. I've only seen the first group but they have at least 4 crossbows, they arrived on the side where I didn't lay cages yet and most of the recently arrived Human Merchants are still outside the walls.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 04, 2009, 02:17:58 am »

15th Hematite

Angir Dyered was whistling as she led her caravan from Ewompesor toward the walls surrounding Flamebanner. The peaceful atmosphere was evident from the great buildings that had sprung up outside the walls. The Humans had loaded their wagons and animals with all the things a Dwarf required and Angir felt that she was about to make a small fortune in Dwarven goods.
The Warriors were gathered in the Barracks sharing a barrel of wine as they celebrated the promotion of their newest members Keshan (Fire) and Giken (Lightning) from Apprentices to Warriors. The former peasants had taken to the spear and crossbow with great ease though they were nowhere near the skill of Speardwarf and Iton.
Korgan was happy to be back on the job after his injury. Working on Orwen's Tower was proving challenging due to the amount of glass being used. Looking off to the East he could see the landscape waver behind the magma pipe. He did a double take as he saw several figures emerge from the hills.

Seeing the complete lack of anything but bones he called down to Orwen before scrambling for the stairs "Sound the alarm! We're being invaded by the Undead!."

Fireheart, Sir Nil, Wok and Arzez stood around a detailed model of the territory. "According to Giken and Bob the Undead have 4 squads." Fireheart said as he placed several markers on the model. "The group to the North we can leave for now. The 2 groups to the East and the group to the South need to be dealt with quickly though before the Merchants are slaughtered."

"Nil, you and Wok will take your squads and handle the 2 groups by the magma pipe. Arzez, your squad will be responsible for destroying the Southern group. Good luck."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 squads, a few crossbows but no elites yet. Going to run the battle tomorrow as I think its going to take a while.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 04, 2009, 08:16:50 am »

Woohoo epic magma-side battle :D.
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 04, 2009, 09:26:24 pm »

All right, this one is going to take a while to write well.

Probably a dozen Crossbows, 4 Minotaurs and 63 total enemies against about a dozen Dwarven Warriors. I'd call that fair odds  ;D

For now I'll give you this, the names of every titled Warrior in the fortress.

Iton Brainarrows the Moist Decency of Knights
Vabok Ropeviper the Grieving Land of Craft
Hawkfrost Hatchetstirred the Wealthy Lions
Tamunshin Giltbulwark the Ashamed Warrior of Continent
Bob Woundseers the Mortal Flickering Scratch of Thunder
Speardwarf Dwelledcloister the Plain Door of Knives
Wok Daleletters the Elder Hide of Doctrines
Sir Nil Clinchboot the Barricaded Heathers of Trading
Arzez Swordmartyrs The Friendly Channels of Metal

I believe Giken and Keshan are the only ones not on the list

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 05, 2009, 12:05:26 am »

Door of Knives!? That is awesome.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 05, 2009, 01:21:56 am »

15th Hematite

The Warriors of Flamebanner were gathered on the road outside the gates, keeping them open as long as possible to allow the merchants to reach safety.

Hearing horns sounding from the North, South and East Wok signalled Fireheart, who stood on the wall. Quickly he ran to the gate switch and sent the gates crashing down in front of the last wagon.

With the fortress secure Wok, Sir Nil and Arzez led their squads toward battle...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 05, 2009, 01:58:33 am »

15th Hematite: The Umbral Shields

Wok's squad of 3 moved quickly through the ash covered land around the magma pipe. The lack of cover meant they had an easy time spotting the enemy. A large number of Undead armed with various weapons were wandering around near their leader, a skeleton decked out in blood-stained iron and wielding a giant spear.

Flipping his shield around to rest on his arm and drawing his sword Wok led the charge with Speardwarf and Vabok following. Several enemy Wrestlers fell in the first seconds of battle to Vabok's fists.

Speardwarf ducked under a Swordsman's spiked blade. Smashing his shield against the skull he managed to snap the skeleton's sword arm off at the sholder before impaling the skull on his spear.

Wok's sword was impossible to see as he cut a bony swathe through the Undead toward their leader. As he raised his shield to block a hammerblow a whip wrapped around his shield arm and pulled, pulling his shield away from his body as the leader's brought his spear up to run him through.

Twisting around at the last second Wok gritted his teeth as the spear sunk into his arm, severing the whip as it went. Tossing his shield at the weaponless Lasher who caught it with his neck, Wok pulled his second sword from its sheath and faced the leader's spear.

Parrying another spear thrust the Warrior brough his swords down and severed the creature's right foot. Forced back on the defensive he blocked several more blows as he searched for a chink in his opponent's armor.

Thinking quickly he smacked the skeleton in the left side before rolling to the right to dodge the incoming spear. As the spearhead plunged into the ground Wok cut the shaft, leaving the Undead with nothing but a wooden stick.

After that it was simple to cut the Spearman's lower body from his upper. "You'll never win. They're to many of us." The words coming from a skeleton briefly startled Wok before he cleaved the skull in 2.

Thinking over the strange event he turned to Vabok and Speardwarf who were standing but Vabok looked worn out and Speardwarf was bleeding from at least a dozen scratches. "Head back to the gates. We'll rendezvous with Nil and Arzez their." he stated before walking off toward the West.
Thats part 1 of 4 for this battle. 16 Undead killed with no fatal injuries.

The kills for this battle are:
Vabok 5
Wok 5
Speardwarf 6

Should be able to get the other 3 parts up tomorrow. Enjoy  :)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 05, 2009, 11:05:37 am »

Speardwarf is actually effective against skellingtons!? You'd think it'd be difficult to impale their organs.

Also, It's a good think for Wok he brought two swords!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 05, 2009, 12:07:47 pm »

I guess he can still smack them with the spear.  :)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 05, 2009, 03:20:02 pm »

15th Hematite: The Walled Years

Sir Nil was crouched in the remaining undergrowth with Bob, Hawkfrost and Iton. "I can see at least 8 crossbows." Hawkfrost said as she handed Nil's scope back to him.

Hearing the sounds of battle as Wok engaged his target Nil stood to lead the charge only to be pulled back down seconds before several bolt buried themselves in the trees behind them.

Iton wasted no time in loading and returning fire. His first shot shattered 1 of the Crossbowmen to pieces and threw a few more to the ground. Taking a chance Nil led Bob and Hawkfrost to battle as Iton continued to fire bolts into the crowd. It was only a matter of time before an enemy bolt found its target though as it sliced across Iton's arm and into his chestplate.

Their ranged advantage lost the Undead were easy prey to the blunt weapons of Nil and Bob. The squad's leader had tried to stop the Warriors with a number of knives that did little more then bounce off their armor before he was cut down.

Letting his hammerhead rest on the ground Nil looked over the bone covered battlefield. None of them were prepared for the sound of Iton screaming as he flew past and smacked into the ground. Turning with weapons at the ready the Warriors saw a much larger skeleton coming out of the trees.

"They brought a Minotaur!" Nil shouted as Hawkfrost and Bob brought their weapons up once more. The charge didn't last long as the big club the Minotaur carried sent them flying.

Iton, struggling to catch his breath loaded a bolt into his crossbow and fired. The resulting explosion sent the Minotaur staggering to the very edge of the magma. Iton rushed to load another bolt but stopped as Hawkfrost leapt at the monster and slashed her axe across the ribs, sending the bony creature over the edge and into the magma which quickly incinerated every bit of Minotaur.

Rising to his feet Nil turned to his weary squad. Iton was bleeding from his arm and had another bolt sticking out of his armor while Hawkfrost and Bob were bruised and battered. "Back to the gates." Nil said. "Hopefully Arzez and Wok had good luck as well."
Part 2 done. All the Warriors that fought are still alive. I thought for sure we'd lost at least one Warrior to the crossbows.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 12:08:55 pm by thunderclan »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 05, 2009, 03:21:17 pm »

Forgot the Kills List

Iton 1
Bob 5
Sir Nil 6
Hawkfrost 4

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 05, 2009, 06:23:50 pm »

I need moar power than a sword. Do we have hand-ballistae?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106