Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131289 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #420 on: March 11, 2009, 08:57:10 pm »

Barbarossa: I can't manage yours. We have no Bauxite.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 11, 2009, 09:49:00 pm »

Steel doors could work too, or even nickel silver.

EDIT: also, you could use iron doors and water.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:24:26 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 14, 2009, 07:39:36 pm »

Legolord, you can't have your request for an Iron Door. Your room is in the Iron Hall and so already has Iron Doors
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
16th Timber

The horrible howling that filled the Gold Hall of the Hotel brought several haulers running to investigate expecting Goblins to be invading. Instead they found Hawkfrost struggling to get a collar around a Wolf's neck so she could chain him up in her suite. Amused by the sight of the skilled Warrior losing to a tame wolf the haulers picked up the hatch cover they were carrying and continued on to Wok's suite where Akhier was waiting to hook it up to the lever that had been installed.

20th Timber

Fireheart was glad for the chance to get away from the business of running a fortress for a short time. The number of dead left by Snodub had filled nearly all the tombs so he had decided to expand the hall further to add more tomb space.

26th Timber

The entire fortress had turned out for one of the rarer ceremonies in Flamebanner. The naming of a new Apprentice Warrior. Kornash had decided that his son would be well suited for the title of Warrior since he spent most of his time beating Goblin corpses with large sticks or large rocks or just his fists. He may not have been as bright as most Dwarves but he was strong. Kornash and Speardwarf cheered louder then anyone as Fireheart announced the name of their kin and his mentor:

"Sir Nil will mentor young Bob Woundseers, son of Kornash and brother of Speardwarf! May his strength join that of his kin in the protection of this fortress and of Thunderclan!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so I was wrong about how long the Goblins would take to get here. We still have a new Warrior Apprentice.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2009, 07:42:54 pm »

Did you finish my mural?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2009, 07:52:53 pm »

I feel stupid now.

*bangs head on glass furniture*

Bad idea, bad idea!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 14, 2009, 08:01:35 pm »

I actually haven't started it yet. Had more pressing concers then mural construction. Soon though.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 16, 2009, 04:40:40 pm »

Hawkfrost I'm planning to start construction of your mural the next time I play. Also my update scedule will be sporadic until further notice. There WILL be updates though so don't assume otherwise.
1st Moonstone

Sir Nil and his new Apprentice passed through the fortress gates to go on patrol. Around them the final traces of blood from the battle was being wiped away, leaving the walls shining in the Winter sun.

5th Moonstone

Fireheart sat at his desk, paging through work orders and material requests. He stopped as he came across an order that he remembered well. Standing he went to the door and called out into the Dining Hall "Orwen! Korgan! Come Here!" before returning to his chair.

As the Masons entered with Orwen's Apprentice Reg following Fireheart held up the work order for the wall expansions. "I know your team was working on the wall but was the work ever completed?" Fireheart asked. "No Fireheart." Orwen answered "We've been busy with clean-up and haven't even had the chance to lay the outlines for the second half of the wall."

"Take advantage of the temporary peace to finish it then." Fireheart said softly. "And tell Hexed to build a catapult for that side as well." With a nod Orwen led her team back into the Hall to collect up some Haulers.

10th Moonstone

Hexed muttered under his breath as he adjusted the firing mechanism on the new catapult. He was so intent on his work that he didn't notice Akhier standing next to him. "Problems?" Akhier asked in a voice that sent a slight shiver though Hexed. "The catapult won't fire. I think theres something wrong with the firing mechanism." Hexed answered nervously.

Pulling a hammer off his belt Akhier brought it down on the mechanism, the sound drowning out Hexed's protests. Stepping back Akhier hit the switch and the arm of the catapult shot up, flinging the rock it held into the air. It smashed into a sapling, demolishing it and sending splinters all over Legolord who had fortunatly gotten out of the way of the falling rock.

With a smile Akhier turned to Hexed. "Works now." he said as he disappeared into the tower.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legolord you seem to have a knack for getting into dangerous situations. I think thats like the 3rd near death experience you've had.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 16, 2009, 05:17:54 pm »

Catapults wont injure friendlies ever. I fire my own catapults straight over my soldiers and it works fine.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 16, 2009, 05:19:40 pm »

Legolord you seem to have a knack for getting into dangerous situations. I think thats like the 3rd near death experience you've had.
Interesting.  In real life, I'm so cautious.  Yet my dwarf is more like my infant self; always doing something he shouldn't.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 16, 2009, 06:06:09 pm »

Catapults wont injure friendlies ever. I fire my own catapults straight over my soldiers and it works fine.

Good to know.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 17, 2009, 01:16:38 am »

Well Hawkfrost your mural is done. With my tileset it doesn't exactly look great though.

If you like it then let me know so I can give Hawkfrost her bed and chests back.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:47 am »

It looks fine, go ahead.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 17, 2009, 11:41:52 am »

Anymore mural requests while I'm moving furniture around?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 21, 2009, 12:26:31 pm »

Rather boring, uneventful update but I couldn't let this sit on Page 2 any longer.
22nd Moonstone

Didridus was happily sneaking toward the pile of clothing near the fortress wall when he heard a metallic noise and froze. Turning he could see at least a dozen Dwarves streaming towards him with several Warriors following.

He knew if he didn't move he would be discovered anyway so deciding that he would rather live Didridus turned and ran for the border as fast as he could as the Dwarves reached his former position.
Legolord was directing the expansion of his Sand Pit. As he watched the Dwarves in the Pit he went over what Fireheart had said to him again. A large order for blocks and other glasswork all coming to him. Legolord knew he would need alot more sand to fill such an order and had requested the expansion.

Later as he headed inside he stopped to watch a Thief trying to smash through the cage that had caught him at the gate.

6th Obsidian

As soon as word reached him that the iron smelting operation was complete Sarek nearly smashed the door off his room in his haste to reach the Forgeworks. Soon after the sounds of metalwork echoed throughout the fortress.

28th Obsidian

Some of the Dwarves of Flamebanner were getting bored and restless. It had been monthes since the Dining Hall had filled with the sounds of a party and in the cold embrace of Winter there was little else to do but sit by the fires of the Hall with mugs in hand.

The mood changed instantly when Orwen's daughter Reg Wallfield announced that she was going to marry the Planter Sodel Sanctumtours. Akhier sent one of the children to fetch Sarek from the Forge while other Dwarves headed for the storerooms to bring barrels of alcohol and food.

Once Sarek arrived the alcohol was flowing and the Dwarves were enjoying the laughter and drunken singing of another party at Flamebanner.

10th Granite

Fireheart had the haulers on the move after several Dwarves, still stumbling drunk from the wedding party notified him that Elves had been sighted in the hills.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently those danged Goblins decided not to come. The new weapons have been smithed and now I'm decorating. Wok you're getting a change because I think it would be more Wok-Like. I'm also planning out a Megaproject.

NEXT TIME: You'll see what happens when things are very slow in Flamebanner.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 21, 2009, 04:42:12 pm »

AXES GALORE!!!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 106