Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131234 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #195 on: January 14, 2009, 08:37:39 pm »

The story will continue as soon as I can write up the new stuff.

Unless you guys would rather continue arguing.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 14, 2009, 09:14:48 pm »

The story will continue as soon as I can write up the new stuff.

Unless you guys would rather continue arguing.

No, I think we are done, please proceed.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 14, 2009, 09:59:01 pm »

Fireheart's Journal 26th Limestone

Skid gave birth to a girl today. She named it Bembul Gleamlash

We also had another litter of Wolf Puppies born today

8th Sandstone

Sarek discovered a snatcher which was promptly leapt on and crushed by Vabok

A kitten found another snatcher who got away

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 14, 2009, 10:51:49 pm »

15th Sandstone

Fireheart walked into the barracks with Kornash close behind. Hawkfrost and Vabok were preparing for another day of gate duty while Wok and Sir Nil prepared for a sparring session.

Fireheart waved Nil over and as he approached he turned to Kornash and asked "You're sure about this?" to which the miner nodded. When Nil joined them he explained. "Kornash here has decided he wants to train as a Warrior. You and Wok are the only soldiers currently without assignments so I'm putting you both in charge of his training. Make sure he can dodge before you give him a sword. We don't need any limbs being cut off or anything."

Kornash rushed over to speak with Wok as Fireheart turned toward the doorway. As he left he could hear the sounds of a Dwarf being slammed against the wall.

24th Sandstone

"Fire!"

Dwarves came streaming outside as Legolord's cry rose. Standing behind the safety of the walls they could see smoke billowing from the South and East. Not wasting a moment Fireheart sent Kornash and Vabok to lower the gates and make sure every Dwarf was safely inside. As the gates began to lower the figure of Legolord came dashing out of the trees to the East. Seeing the lowering gates he put on a burst of speed and made it under a second before the gates hit the ground. He stood there coughing from the smokewhile Skid brought up a barrel of beer for him to drink.

As everyone watched the flames Jillian came out to announce that she had just had a girl that she had named Dumed Entrylabor.

27th Sandstone

Fireheart looked up as Wok entered his office followed closely by Sir Nil and Kornash. "How bad is it?" Fireheart asked as he pushed aside his papers. "Its surprising but it was mostly grass and shrubs that burned. The trees weren't hurt at all." Wok replied. "We did find the creature responsible though." He brought Kornash forward to place a corpse on the desk. On close inspection Fireheart saw that it was the body of a snake. It appeared to be very badly burnt. "The magma pipe is empty of Imps but there are dozens of these flaming snakes slithering around out there. Most of them were sticking to the stone around the pipe but we found a couple buried in the ash a good distance from the magma." Sir Nil stated. "Tell everyone if they see one of these things slithering around in the grass to kill it. We might not be so lucky next time." Fireheart replied.

As the Warriors left to spread the word Fireheart turned back to his paperwork while numerous thoughts ran through his mind.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats what I get for turning Tempature on to melt some stone furniture.  :-[

The territory would still be in flames if I hadn't been following a Dwarf and seen Legolord charging out of the smoke cloud. Fortunatly turning the Tempature off killed the flames. Annoying Fire Snakes.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2009, 09:04:22 am »

Holy crap!  I nearly died! 

. . .
. . .

Awesome!

(this is the first time something really interesting happened to my dwarf in a community fort)
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2009, 01:41:37 pm »

Glad I could help ;D

Though losing another skilled worker so soon would be very bad.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2009, 02:51:12 pm »

bump!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2009, 07:36:37 pm »

9th Timber

Mosus Dwelledcloister wore a determined look on his face as he was granted his request to join the military of Flamebanner. The militray's numbers had grown over the last few days as several Dwarves requested reassignment and were put under the command of the senior Warriors. He had been amazed at the stories of past battles fought between the Dwarves and their enemies. He was most interested in the regiments of Speardwarves that could impale both mount and rider with the long reach of their weapon.

He had been assigned to learn the art of unarmed combat from Kornash. Vabok was more experienced but an old injury kept him from sparring. As the other soldiers entered the barracks and Kornash joined him Mosus reminded himself of the name he had chosen. Mosus was a fine name for a peasent but a Warrior needed a more unique name. He had based his choice on what he hoped to become. He was Speardwarf Dwelledcloister.

10th Timber

The sounds of a Dwarf in pain brought Fireheart and several curious civilians running for the barracks. As he entered the room Fireheart glanced around, seeing Kornash motionless on the floor, his right leg twisted to an impossible angle. His Apprentice Speardwarf was nearby with a terrified look on his face as he stared at the injured Dwarf. Sarek came through the crowd and kneeled beside Kornash.

Fireheart turned to the crowd and spoke, raising his voice to be heard above the murmurs of the crowd. "Kornash is alive, just unconcious and with a broken leg." Turning to Speardwarf he asked "What happened?" Looking a bit nervous Speardwarf answered "Well...He was showing me how to knock an enemy's legs from under them and how to avoid such a move and I guess I caught on faster then he expected."

With a smile Fireheart replied "I can't remember ever seeing an Apprentice catch on to a move and injure their mentor so quickly. Maybe you should be training him. For now though make sure his leg is seen to." Turning to the crowd he gave orders "Sarek, get Kornash to his room. Skid, fix up a meal for him in case he wakes up and tell Orwen to take a break from her hotel plans and fetch some water. As the Dwarves rushed to carry out his orders and Sarek stepped forward with Akhier to lift Kornash's body Fireheart took another look at the young Speardwarf. He would have to keep an eye on this Apprentice. He might have something unique to offer.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2009, 07:40:37 pm »

Fireheart's Journal, 1st Moonstone

I looked in on Kornash today. He is still out cold but his leg is almost fully healed. He should be back to sparring strength in a few days.

4th Moonstone

Kornash was up and about today apparently quite refreshed after almost a month in bed. He mentioned that hes looking forward to contining Speardwarf's training.

26th Moonstone

We caught another thief in our cages. I'm going to ask Korgan to start drawing up some plans for these Goblins before we catch to many more.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2009, 04:19:12 pm »

Nice! my dwarf will be the most epic member of the military the fortress has ever seen! unless Kornash provides a return 'accident'  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2009, 12:14:48 am »

I must say I'm glad that Kornash did all that mining before starting training, else he coulda been really badly hurt!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2009, 12:34:23 am »

Also a good thing that Speardwarf didn't have a spear at the time or Kornash would probably be dead since the armor only just came off Sarek's forge.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2009, 07:04:17 pm »

5th Opal

Fireheart stood watching Kornash and Speardwarf wrestle while Sir Nil and Wok polished their armor. As the sound of stone shattering echoed from the doors at the far end of the Barracks Wok and Nil raised their weapons and turned to look at Fireheart. At his signal the soldiers rushed through the doors leading to the unused Archery Range.

After a few moments they reappeared, Sir Nil dragging the uncouncious form of a Dwarf while Wok brought up the rear with an empty quiver and a crossbow of obvious Goblin make. "What happened?" Fireheart asked. "We're not entirely sure sir." Wok answered pointing toward the Dwarf on the floor. "We found him sprawled on the floor. It's Iton Idekfeb. The archery targets are embedded with bolts and scorched."

As they talked Iton coughed and struggled to his feet. Turning to look at the Dwarf before him Fireheart asked the question they were all thinking. "What happened in there Iton?" "I was practicing because I wanted to join the military as a crossbowdwarf. I was thinking about what I wanted to happen and the bolt I fired exploded."

After taking a moment to look over the archery range Fireheart came back to the group of soldiers. "If he can make a bolt explode by thinking about it he could be useful to the military though we'll have to take great care that he doesn't hurt anyone but the Goblins with his bolts. I'll have Sarek add another set of armor and a crossbow on the list of items he has to make. Get some rest Iton. Tomorrow you'll join Kornash and Speardwarf for wrestling practice."

As he walked out of the room Fireheart remembered what Idekfeb meant in the Dwarven language...Brainarrows
----------------------------------------------
I didn't forget the request for Brainarrows to become a crossbowdwarf but with a name like that I couldn't resist giving a story behind how he ended up in the military. Plus it might make for some interesting battle reports later on.  ;D

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2009, 08:01:12 pm »

The spinning +wtflolpown mind arrow+ strikes the goblin siege in the everywhere! It's ass is grass! It's goose is cooked!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2009, 09:09:28 pm »

11th Opal

As the shadows lengthened in the dim light of evening a shadowy figure crouched in the grass as he surveyed the scene before him. 2 guards at the gate but he didn't need a gate. Keeping low to the ground he crept along until he had passed the space lit by the torches. Looking over his sholder to make sure he was still unseen he took a hook and rope from the pack he wore and tossed it over the top of the wall. The sound of the hook scraping stone reached the ears of one of the guards who turned, grabbed a torch and came toward his hiding spot in the shadows, one hand tightening around the handle of an axe. As the guard reached the spot and found nothing amiss she turned and walked back to her post while above the cloaked figure laughed silently to himself at how nobody ever thought to look up before dropping to the inside of the wall.

Landing silently in the sandy base of the wall the figure's hand shot to the gemstone swinging on a cord around his neck. His mission had to succeed, the Warlords were getting impatient.

Wrapping his cloak around himself to blend into the wall he went over his orders again...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 09:52:42 pm by thunderclan »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 106