Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131209 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2009, 05:56:45 pm »

Hawkfrost left right before an ambush, thats a shame.

She must become as mighty as her namesake!
Next step is deputy.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2009, 06:18:03 pm »

16th Limestone: Continued

As the sounds of battle raged outside the walls Fireheart finished calling names and Dwarves answered:

"Newb!" "Here!"
"Skid!" "Here!"
"Barbarossa!" "Here!"
"Legolord!" "Here!"
"Plank of Wood!"...

Looking up from his list Fireheart stared out over the assembled group. "Plank!" He called again. His voice reached the ears of Hawkfrost and Vabok who stood to either side of the gate. Upon hearing the name being called she gave a cry and rushed out into the field of battle...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2009, 06:56:15 pm »

Plank thought back on the events of the past several minutes.

He had joined the wave of civilians rushing out to strip the Goblin corpses. As the others fell on the nearest corpses he veered off slightly toward a corpse that had been knocked into the trees. As he approached he saw a beautiful iron helmet that couldn't possibly be of Goblin creation. Picking it up he admired the red jewels spiraling around it. As he placed it under his arm and started tugging the shoes off the creatures feet he heard the alarm sound. "Goblins!"

Turning to run for the safety of the fortress with his find he saw the invaders staring at him. 3 scarred wrestlers and 4 armed with fine blades. He noticed that each of the swordgobs also sported a red spiraled helmet.

The wrestlers and 2 of the swordgobs charged a group of merchant guards nearby while the remaining swords kept their attention on Plank. Having very little knowledge of combat he did the first thing he could think of. He tossed the helmet he had collected at the nearest swordgob who brought up his shield to block the projectile and answered with a swing of his sword that bit deeply into his left leg. He heard the crack of bone breaking and stumbled to the ground.

It was at this point that he remembered the steel axe he carried as a Woodcutter. Pulling it fron the holder on his back he swung at the Goblins who just laughed and lunged away. Another swinging sword hit him in the side breaking ribs as a shield smashed into his hip with a crack.

With pain coursing through his body from so many broken bones Plank raised his axe to block the next blow but a sideways blow from a shiled sent the weapon flying out of his reach. The Goblin grinned cruelly as he raised his sword and brought it down on the Dwarf's chest. Plank screamed in pain as he felt the blade pierce his heart and lung. The Goblins prepared to finish him when a battle cry was heard.

Turning they saw an ironclad figure rushing them, flanked by 2 merchant guards with swords drawn. The figure smashed into the startled Goblins like a hammer, slicing ones legs from under it with her axe and continuing on while the guards finished the legless Goblin and its companion.

Falling to her knees beside Plank, Hawkfrost pulled off her helmet and raised Plank's head to see his face. She could see that he was still alive but gasping for breath. As blood soaked into the ground from the ragged wound on his chest Plank and Hawkfrost exchanged a few final words before his breathing stopped. A breeze blew across Hawkfrost's face as her lovers spirit joined his ancestors.

Picking up the still form she stood and started the slow trek back to the fortress. The merchant guards had killed the invaders but she was oblivious to the scattered corpses and wounded guards around her.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems we've had many firsts in the last day or so. The first artifact and now the first death of a Flamebanner Dwarf. It is a sad day for Flamebanner

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2009, 07:14:06 pm »

We need to make some glass serrated discs and scatter them about in the wilds as traps . . .

What?  Yeah, my dwarf is a glassmaker, what does that matter?  No, honestly, I'm not advertising  ':-\
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2009, 07:20:24 pm »

I don't ussually use weapon traps but with so much territory to defend and 4 soldiers I may have to make an exception. If I do then rest assured there will be some glasswork

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2009, 07:54:58 pm »

If only Wok had been there... he might have saved him!!!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2009, 08:17:00 pm »

Sucks that PoW died, he would have been a hilarious militiadwarf. (assuming that's what the roll call was for)

If we're allowed to take more than one dwarf, I would like a speardwarf named speardwarf.

'SPEARDWARF!!!'
'what?'

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2009, 08:30:29 pm »

No civilian militias. I don't want this fort to be a repeat of Helmthundered. The rollcall was to be sure that everyone had gotton inside safely. Which poor Plank did not.

Since no one else seems to be signing up I don't see why you can't have a second Dwarf. It will probably be one of the kids when they grow up.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2009, 09:00:39 pm »

May I have a second one named Mothwing then?

Female Healer/Carpenter, sister of Hawkfrost.
Likes to care for others.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2009, 09:21:56 pm »

You picked a good time Hawkfrost, I've been planning to make a full time healer. I'll mark you down for it.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2009, 02:17:42 am »

Just have to wonder if anyone has caught my hints at something bigger happening?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2009, 08:07:31 am »

Just have to wonder if anyone has caught my hints at something bigger happening?
Aye, that I did laddie.  I can't wait to see what the deal is with these ruby-spiraled helms.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2009, 10:38:34 am »

Maybe the goblins are demons spewing forth from a fissure that allows them to pop up in massive quantities!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:13 am »

I'm assuming he had no kids. I'll take the role of his spirit re-incarnated into a fish.

If you have no fish, make a class terraruim, and capture a live fish, then put it in the tank.

Plank of Fish.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2009, 12:34:32 pm »

No kids, Hawkfrost was only your Lover.

I'm sure there is fish in one of the pools so I'll see what I can do. Could make for some fun writing anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106