Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131192 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner (Community Fortress)
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2008, 10:35:01 pm »

Wait, I just sliced an arm and a head off? I'd like to request a change in my profession name so that it'll read Wok Decapitator. If it's ok with you of course. Take that Nil, you may have more kills and probably more experience, but I kill cooler.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2008, 11:01:33 pm »

One head does not a Decapitator make. Manage that a few more times and I'll grant the title.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2008, 11:13:01 pm »

I found this interesting.

Our Gemworker Rakust Salvedabble worships Rab, a male god of volcanos, earth and mountains. That god is a Hoary Marmot
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:30:04 pm by thunderclan »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2008, 11:42:52 pm »

I would like to claim one of the new immigrants!

Name: Barbarossa
Profession: Grabador Raro (the freaky engraver)
Actual Job: Engraving.

this would be my first community fortress, so i may not be wise enough in the ways of the force(tress) as of yet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2008, 11:50:16 pm »

That makes me feel really good that a newcomer would pick Flamebanner over one of the more established community games.

Barbarossa, if you don't mind having a female engraver I can give you the current one. Otherwise you'll be waiting until the 1 child in the fortress grows up since there won't be more migrants until I raise the cap in a couple of game years.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2008, 02:43:33 am »

I think you'll like this update Wok  ;D
----------------------------------------------------
Fireheart's Journal 19th Malachite

Sarek threw a party in the Dining Hall today. While I like that everyone is enjoying themselves we can't have parties all the time. After a couple hours I went down and broke it up.

1st Galena

A snatcher tried to get in today but was given a smashed head courtesy of Sir Nil.

10th Galena

Newb and Skid both came to me requesting a temporary assignment to the military as they wanted to be ready in case of invasion. I agreed and told them to report to Wok and Sir Nil in the morning.

11th Galena

Skid and Newb started training today. They quickly grasped the basics of wrestling and Newb has shown interest in learning the ways of the sword. I promised to have Sarek forge one for her as soon as all the current forge work is completed.

14th Galena

Skid withdrew from the military after gaining some skill in Wrestling to defend her son and friends with. I also took Newb out of training because of the need for more crafts for the caravan.

Also Plank threw a party which I allowed to conclude on its own.

26th Galena

I added a couple of full suits of Iron armor to Sarek's job list. I wanted Urvad and Vabok armored before Nil or Wok hurt them...much.

1st Limestone

I sent Akhier out to lay cages near the brook as I want to capture a couple of the wandering Deer for the breeding center.

4th Limestone

I finally got around to sending Sir Nil out with Urvad to locate and patrol the chasm that hides in our territory. They returned with a great deal of news. First of all they had found the chasm to the north, just past the source of our brook. They patrolled as much as they could before it vanished into the rock and saw no dangerous creatures at all. Most importantly they did find dozens of Cave Spiders spinning silk webs all around the edges of the chasm. This will be useful as I want a supply of silk cloth avalible in Flamebanner.

5th Limestone

I stopped to watch the sparring of Sir Nil, Wok, Urvad and Vabok today and witnessed a horrible event. Sir Nil and Vabok were facing off and Nil brought his hammer down with such force that it dented Vabok's shield and smacked into his back with a sickening sound. Upon examination it was found that Nil's hammer had injured Vabok's spine. He's sworn off sparring completly now and I hope the decision won't cost him his life.

In happier news Akhier married Orwen today and had a party to celebrate.

9th Limestone

Rakust was spotted to the south leading the Dwarf Caravan from Noramnil.

I was angered by the fact that the caravan guards killed the Deer I had wanted to capture. I must have a word with Rakust about controlling his soldiers.

I requested the usual meat, booze, barrels, gems and metal.

12th Limestone

Wok managed to wound Sir Nil with a slight gash to his forehead and left arm in sparring today.

17th Limestone

Iam sick of having to watch wagons find their way around trees. I summoned Korgan and asked him to make plans for a road to go from the gates to the edge of our territory.

The wagons arrived while I spoke to Korgan and Orwen did the trading. She got all the metal, meat, barrels and booze and a caged cow for the Goblin junk.

20th Limestone

Some Goblins thought they could sneak in but one of them stepped on the tail of one of Sarek's cats. As the civilians ran for cover we saw the blade of a Swordgob followed by 2 hammers and a couple Wrestlers. The army ran to the gates with weapons ready.

Nil smashed his hammer right through a Wrestler's chest but took a fist to his helm as the foul creature fell, knocking him senseless for a few moments.
Wok had meanwhile been chopping limbs off the other Goblins as he fought to protect an uncouncious Vabok.  He parried a hammer blow with his shield and slice the other Wrestler's head off. He then proceeded to slice off both the Hammergob's arms before beheading him. Urvad was laying facedown in the grass with the Swordgob shouting gibberish warcrys as he kicked the fallen warrior with his feet. Wok charged the Goblin preparing to run him through with his blade but the Goblin parried the thrust and broke into a full on duel with Wok. One would try a move and the other would block it. Finally Wok managed to back the Swordgob against the wall and knock his sword into the air. Grabbing it as it returned to earth he removed the creatures head with a single slice from each blade.

During this time Urvad regained consiousness and was making his way inside to his room. Nil followed, supporting the still uncouncious Vabok while Wok collected the heads of his 4 latest kills.

21st Limestone

We held a ceremony today to recognize 3 dwarves who I felt had earned titles through their defense of the fortress. Every one was there as I awarded the titles and a barrel of rum to each Dwarf.

Wok became Wok Daleletters The Elder Hide of Doctrines: Decapitator
Sir Nil became Sir Nil Clinchboot The Barricaded Heathers of Tracking
and finally I rewarded Kornash's victory over our first invaders with the name Kornash Mansionbrims The Perplexing Iron
---------------------------------------------------------
You really didn't kid about wanting to be a Decapitator did you Wok? You definetly earned it.

Newb: I'll put you back on military duty once you're for sure not needed in ther craftshop.

Skid: I got you up to Adept Wrestling, hope thats good enough for you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2008, 09:14:24 am »

sounds okay to me. maybe Barbarossa could turn out to be a marksdwarf with some hammer training. (so that the bow becomes a good melee weapon as well.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2008, 04:37:32 pm »

What can I say thunder? I do work on them goblins.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2008, 05:18:28 pm »

I would also like a custom profession: Decimator. Hehe Wok now we are even in names :P.
NOT THE BEES!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2008, 05:54:44 pm »

Well Nil, lets leave who the better soldier is to how large a pile of heads they've colle- oh wait, you have kills, not heads. hehehehehehehe

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2008, 06:29:38 pm »

Fireheart's Journal 26th Limestone

A stray kitten was ambushed by Goblins today. The idiots stopped to kill the poor creature before charging the gates giving Wok and Sir Nil time to arrive.

4 wrestlers and a guard rushed them and were almost instantly executed. Sir Nil smashing the wrestlers heads, limbs or chests with his hammer while Wok cut the guard down surprisingly with his head still attatched but minus a few limbs. As they proceeded to take take trophys or clean weapons another group blundered into them.

This group consisted of a guard, wrestler and 3 macegobs who seemed very surprised to see the Warriors. This surprise cost the guard and wrestler their lives as Vabok, our spine injured, never killed even a bug before soldier grabbed and tossed them both into the nearest pool of water to drown.

While this occured Wok was engaged in a deadly dance with the macegobs. His sword flashing and lopping off pieces or sinking into putrid green flesh. After the blood and dust cleared Wok was standing with 2 more heads for his collection and another goblin in pieces at his feet.

In total Wok got 4 kills as did Sir Nil and Vabok finally scored 2 kills.

7th Sandstone

We had another small ceremony today to name Sir Nil Decimator.

19th Sandstone

A thief tried to sneak in and was torn to shreds by Wok

25th Sandstone

Skid served up meals made from minced camel milk for dinner today. I'm not sure I want to know how she managed to cut MILK.

28th Sandstone

Lorbam our engraver came to me wishing to change her name. I allowed it and she is now known as Barbarossa.

9th Timber

Skid gave birth to another boy today which she named Mosus Dwelledcloister

13th Timber

Granted Wok's request for an instrument to celebrate the army. It was made of iron and was covered with spikes of green glass and kunzite, bands of resin opal rings of clear zircon and a incredibly detailed picture of a mountain in fire agate.

A snatcher was also killed by Plank today.

5th Opal

Newb gave birth to a boy today. She named him Iton Brainarrows.

13th Opal

I had Wok and Sir Nil turn in their weapons for decorating today. They deserve some nicer weapons.

22nd Opal

The weapons were returned with many bones added in recognition of their many kills.

Nil's hammer was covered in twisting designs made from rainbow trout bone.

Wok's Sword was had the same designs in one humped camel bone and rainbow trout bone. Also bands of antman bone around the hilt, hanging rings of giant mole bone and some wicked looking spikes from Goblin bone and Fire Imp bone.

26th Opal

We've had a rash of Raccoon thefts lately. Only Goblin Junk though so its not a big problem considering how much junk the Goblins give us.

2nd Obsidian

Another marriage. This time Vabok, our leatherworker and Legolord married.
----------------------------------------------------
Nil, I don't know why it wouldn't add more decoration to your hammer but you got 1 decoration anyway.

Also I'm rather annoyed that we have not gotten a mood yet.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:40:20 pm by thunderclan »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2008, 06:34:46 pm »

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN I AM EVIL WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!?!?!"
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2008, 07:02:27 pm »

Lorbam our engraver came to me wishing to change his name. I allowed it and she is now known as Barbarossa.

if it was a he before, why change it?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2008, 07:21:40 pm »

5th Opal

I humbly request that you change the profession name of that kid to "Wielder of Mindbullets."

And that he becomes a Marksdwarf when he grows up.
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2008, 07:33:16 pm »

5th Opal

I humbly request that you change the profession name of that kid to "Wielder of Mindbullets."

And that he becomes a Marksdwarf when he grows up.
Hey, on that subject, could LegoLord's first born be named Maxwell?  His proffesion name should be "Fat Lazy Dwarf," after my cat (although my cat's a fat lazy cat, not a fat lazy dwarf).
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 106