Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131240 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: Summer of Blood and Chaos
« Reply #1305 on: January 11, 2011, 05:42:00 pm »

Of course, to the best of my ability. Megabeast fights always require narration  :D

Though I do hope Derek survives, we may not be short on Thunderclan Dwarves anymore but Derek has proved useful when the goblins and undead show up...

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 13, 2011, 06:21:07 am »

Let's hope that the Goblins and the Undead won't try to attack while the megabeast is still there instead

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 15, 2011, 01:25:27 am »

Sorry Dermonster, I think the Colossus heard you were after him. He made straight for the cage line. The two Dwarf requests have been done though.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 15, 2011, 01:34:38 am »

Are you kidding? This is even better.

Now we make an ARENA.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 15, 2011, 02:25:45 am »

Make an arena? We have an arena in the new Warrior housing complex...It's small as arena's go but I intended it for single Warrior and small squad fights so it's plenty big enough.

Though if you don't object I'd like to keep the Colossus alive. I like the idea of having one of each megabeast in the Zoo. Only missing a Hydra now

Not like there aren't more Colossi in the world to be killed by a single crazy, decapitating Dwarf :D

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 15, 2011, 07:15:54 am »

having one of each megabeast in the Zoo. Only missing a Hydra now

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:17:37 am by Ze Spy »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 15, 2011, 10:41:45 am »

Awww...

oh well. ONWARD TO OTHER THINGS!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 15, 2011, 01:00:56 pm »

No worries Dermonster, I have a reason behind this request. You may still end up killing this BC but just not anytime soon.

This is another preparation step for the finale I've been planning for quite some time. Once Uktang arrives it will all be put into action. If it works as planned then it could very well be EPIC.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 15, 2011, 06:36:14 pm »

8th Slate, Year 29

"Dwarves of Flamebanner! Welcome to the inaugural fight of the new Flamebanner Arena!" Mayor Cerol's voice boomed throughout the viewing room as the Dwarf settled into his role as announcer.

Most of the fort's inhabitants had turned out for the first fight, packing the viewing area. The excited conversation quieted down as Cerol began speaking again.

"The gates are rising at the far end of the arena so it looks like we're ready to begin. Ah! It looks like the Goblins have the honor of the first fight." As he spoke there was the brief sound of gears turning and the cages on the other side of the gate were whisked away, leaving a half dozen muscular Goblins glancing around warily.

The Wrestlers quickly darted out onto the main floor but came to a quick halt as gears whirred again and another half dozen cages rose up from the floor.

"And now the Goblin's challengers have arrived!" Cerol boomed as the Goblins fanned out, ready to jump on whatever emerged from the cages. They were unprepared for the bear and wolves that emerged though.

Rising up on it's hind legs and roaring a challenge, the bear lumbered across the floor, tackling a stunned Goblin and wrapping tight around him. Wriggling against the crushing grip the Goblin managed to pull a dagger from it's belt and sink it into the massive animal's head.

"And the bear is down! I thought that Goblin was bear food but he just claimed the first blood of the match!" Cerol's amazed voice announced as the Wrestler pulled himself free of the corpse.

Their friend's victory seemed to give the other Goblin's a bit of courage as they fell on the snarling wolves with bare fists and sharp teeth.

"The wolves ferocity is completely outmatched by the Goblin's fighting skill!" Cerol boomed as the green skinned soldiers brought down one wolf after another. Finally only two bleeding wolves remained alive to retreat, backing into a corner with only a Goblin leg for their effort as the Goblins collected themselves and examined their own wounds.

"It looks like the Goblins have won! The wolf pack just didn't have the numbers to fight them." Cerol said before being interrupted by the arena doors opening wide.

"Wait! Looks like we have a third player in this game! One of the Warriors has taken to the field!" The excitement in his voice was taken up by the other Dwarves who pressed closer to the wall for a good look.

Before the Goblin's could even react to the new threat two of their number had fallen beneath an axe blade. Screaming furious battle cries the survivors leapt on the Dwarf but were mercilessly hacked to pieces.

As the final soldier fell the Warrior ran across the room to where the remaining wolves were fighting over the Goblin leg and within seconds added them both to the body count.

"And the Dwarf wins by total annihilation of all opponents!" Cerol screamed as the viewing area filled with cheers.

Pulling a flask from his belt the Dwarf pulled off his helmet and drank deeply as cheers continued to echo through the wall.

"It seems one of our newest Warriors has just earned his Warrior status!" Cerol said once he recognized the Dwarf. "Hugo Dangerdaggers The Plated Rain of Rivers!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Flamebanner Arena is now open! And if anyone has a better name for it then I'll certainly consider it.

Hugo and Wheatley are in and Hugo just earned his full title.

I'm hoping to gather some other interesting creatures for future fights. If anyone wishes to fight something specific then just let me know and I'll do what I can to arrange it  :D

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Flamebanner: Returning To Greatness
« Reply #1314 on: January 15, 2011, 08:03:43 pm »

Very nice, I like seeing that Hugo is as into gladitoral combat as I am (only he gets to do it) and funny thing I forgot to add in that he had a flask, but you put that in there as if you read my mind :D sometime, many tonight or 2morrow I might do a sketch of Hugo, and his gear. Im still going to have to imagin him wearing his friends *Pig tail cloak* though. Other then that Huzzah!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 15, 2011, 08:06:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 15, 2011, 08:14:17 pm »

Very nice, I like seeing that Hugo is as into gladitoral combat as I am (only he gets to do it) and funny thing I forgot to add in that he had a flask, but you put that in there as if you read my mind :D sometime, many tonight or 2morrow I might do a sketch of Hugo, and his gear. Im still going to have to imagin him wearing his friends *Pig tail cloak* though. Other then that Huzzah!

I kind of figured that if he was a Drunk Defender like you said then he'd have some source of booze with him...and a barrel seems kind of big to lug around on his belt  :D

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 16, 2011, 02:47:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here is a quick sketch of a poorly drawn Hugo, Im still tinkering with my tablet and the pen options (damn you double click) also ten points if someone gets the reference (It was late and my imagination was very low)

@thunderclan: Silly me Drunk Defender says alot, but it could just be he spends more time in the Booze stockpile and is obsessed with it. But at least we both had the same thought of a flask in mind.

EDIT: Darn it all, I forgot to draw his helmet set onto the Battle axe's handle with his hand resting on it, Also his Flask of Sunshine looks more like sunscreen lmao :P

EDIT2: Just noticed that Axe dwarves are clolored blue, So his favourite cloak matches his profession. So tiredness ftw
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:12:37 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 17, 2011, 08:45:08 am »

Call me weird , but i am imagining your Dwarf lugging around a Barrel and drinking from it when outside of fights and randomly punting goblins with it

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 17, 2011, 09:41:13 am »

Call me weird , but i am imagining your Dwarf lugging around a Barrel and drinking from it when outside of fights and randomly punting goblins with it
You know thats not a bad image either, I could draw that up too. I just got several visions running around my head with that, Maybe I should make it a comic strip. Or a bunch of different pics. Of course if I did that not too many people would like me much (internet draing images!!(I feel for those people cuz im on dial-up)) and after this Im thinking of drawing the other epic charaters or battles. (Since I still can't do a 3D Simlation yet lol)

EDIT: Funny thing is with the newest version if you have your millta dwarves set to inactive, then a fight starts and you tell them to goto combat they haul whatever they were holding with them until they see a enemy, which makes me laugh a little due to Booze barrels all over the battle field (makes me think they are trying to drink as much as they can before the fight. :D

EDIT2: Fixing errors
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:53:12 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 106