Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131250 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: Summer of Blood and Chaos
« Reply #1275 on: December 25, 2010, 11:04:57 pm »

Well, we're down a Warrior as Kel just starved to death. Strange since she wasn't wounded and we have plenty of food.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 25, 2010, 11:06:06 pm »

Did you ever test to see if I beat the goblin horde?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: December 26, 2010, 12:14:08 am »

We haven't had a Goblin horde lately. The Undead are taking their turn it seems. Its a good thing though since I decided to reforge all the Warrior equipment and I doubt you'd survive with no armor or weapons...well armor anyway, you'd probably be just as deadly with your fists.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: December 26, 2010, 02:11:35 pm »

Interesting Fact: Unarmed and naked, Derek CAN NOT stand up to 5 squads of Undead...As a matter of fact the Hellbringer beat the first 2 squads with no more then scratches but was then shot in the face about a dozen times and blinded by an Elite Bowman.

4 of the 5 elites in this siege are Bowmen or Crossbowmen, the other being a Hammerlord.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: December 26, 2010, 02:13:56 pm »

If I had a shield they would all be used as my toothpicks by now.

Wait was that a test thing or was that real?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 26, 2010, 02:22:33 pm »

It was a real siege but I savescummed once Derek was blinded. Can't afford to have one of the Senior Warriors unable to see the guy shooting him in the face  :D

Also, another fact: Sable is the only one who can do anything right now since she is the only one with a weapon. I sent the entire military out the second time and had to savescum again as Argonnek and Derek were both turned into pincushions and Kanet was left by the wall with most of his body broken or mangled.

I think Sable might have to go this one alone...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: December 26, 2010, 02:24:04 pm »

Or give me a wooden shield and I SHALL BAT THEIR PUNY BOLTS OUT OF THE AIR.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: December 26, 2010, 02:25:15 pm »

You know, armor is pretty nice. What happened to the older stuff?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 26, 2010, 02:36:24 pm »

I ordered everything melted down and reforged/decorated. Most of the old stuff wasn't as good quality and almost none of it was decorated as our Warriors deserve. Certain pieces were sacrificed to the Temple of Armok.

I'm waiting for the fortress Decorator to finish applying bone and gems to the stuff at the moment. It takes time though considering all the furniture is getting the same treatment.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 27, 2010, 12:05:35 am »

Ok! Until I can get our fighting Dwarves equipped again I've fallen back to Plan B: Melt anything hostile that comes over the border! It works well  :)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: December 29, 2010, 05:26:44 pm »

1st Slate

As the sun rose the Dwarves of Flamebanner were already hard at work. Down in the Decorator's workshop Ushat was carefully carving a battle scene into a piece of Undead bone. The piles of material had begun to dwindle as the pile of decorated objects grew ever taller. Those who had taken the time to admire the beauty of what they hauled had noticed recently that the Decorator's designs were changing.

Where before he had created scenes of the fortress being founded or images of flies which he loathed, now he had begun to carve elaborately detailed scenes of battle and the slaughter of some those who had dared threaten Flamebanner in the past. Dwarves had begun to comment on how Ushat's designs had taken on the same quality and attention to detail that had been seen only once before in the fortress: By the dead Master Engraver Barbarossa.

The other Dwarves congratulated the Decorator on recapturing such designs, not knowing how close to the truth their comments actually came.

Meanwhile, the Forgeworks was filled with stifling heat as the smelters worked under Dungeon Master Ilral's supervision, turning useless junk into valuable metal. Nearby, Kol's hammer rang against the anvil as he shaped a red hot piece of iron into a sword blade. All the Warrior's gear had been melted down and reforged, becoming better then before. Swords, spears and axes had sharper blades while armor was made thicker and stronger in order to turn aside more enemy attacks.

Up on the surface the Elves were packing up their wares as Atir looked on. The tree loving race had delivered another bounty of berries and plants that would be turned into mouth-watering meals by Goden, who had taken over the rebuilt Kitchen. As the fortress still lacked workers he had also taken the role of Brewer and set the improved Still to producing wines from the plants that Zasit had begun growing once more.

Just inside the fortress doors the sounds of grunting Dwarves could be heard from the Barracks as Kanet and the other Warriors practiced their wrestling while they awaited new equipment.

Though the inhabitants were still living rough with no furniture the fortress was returning slowly to life...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: December 29, 2010, 05:49:34 pm »

8th Slate

As Derek stood on watch in the tower he spotted a brightly lit form in the distance. Hoping that the invaders would be Goblins rather then the Undead he reached for the signal horn...and his hand closed on empty air as the iron instrument fell to the floor with a clatter of metal against stone.

At the same time the Warrior felt the tower start to shake. Returning his gaze to the East he was able to make out the incoming enemy. His eyes widened as he watched a giant of a warrior stomp across the border, crushing trees under his feet.

"Bow to me!" The invader cried in a voice that thundered across the woods as it drew a sword from it's side. "Bow to Liwa Savagecalled!"

Whirling around, Derek leapt down the stairs to the ground, knowing he had to warn the others about the Colossus that had arrived. As he ran he prayed to Armok that their equipment was ready...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our 5th Megabeast and the 3rd type to attack (Only missing the Hydra now). I'm not entirely sure if we can take this thing with only 5 Warriors, 2 of whom are ranged attackers. We have no choice but to try though, it came in on the Eastern border where we have no cages set up. I meant to fix that but the whole tantrum and rebuilding thing took priority.

And in case anyone decides to comment or offer advice, consider this first: This is a Flamebanner Colossus. The same raws don't necessarily apply.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: December 29, 2010, 05:52:59 pm »

COLOSSSUS!

IT SHALL DIE.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: December 30, 2010, 11:21:51 am »

It's too bad, really, that this version of DF isn't used much anymore. That sounds like a fun mod.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: December 30, 2010, 01:27:36 pm »

Mod??? What mod???
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 106