Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131272 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: Summer of Blood and Chaos
« Reply #1230 on: December 11, 2010, 11:23:07 pm »

Thats actually not a bad idea. Then the Dwarves can play Goblin/Undead checkers or chess or whatever.

Be an interesting way to do an arena...

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 12, 2010, 01:35:17 am »

Then the Dwarves can play Goblin/Undead checkers or chess or whatever.

5 Bucks says that what you really mean is "Make a arena With a checkerboard Floor"

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 12, 2010, 01:44:44 am »

That would be far too simple!  :o

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 12, 2010, 04:37:43 am »

8th Slate

Though the going was incredibly slow, the fortress was slowly being emptied of its remaining, inferior furnishings. While the Warriors took turns patrolling the border or finding comfortable spots to sleep in their empty Barracks the civilians went to work.

On a morning in Mid-Spring, Kanet was shaken roughly awake. Weary from a recent fight with skeletons it took several seconds for his mind to start working again as he scrambled to his feet. Sable was standing next to him and looking quite agitated.

"Whats the problem?" Kanet asked, knowing that look well.

"Some Dwarves have been sighted at the border. Unfortunately, its Nobles, led by the new Count of Flamebanner." The Warrior responded, shaking her head in disgust. "We need strong workers if we're to rebuild, not a bunch of cocky idiots who just want us to do what they say."

"You know as well as I do that that isn't how things are done around here. Fireheart never took any pushing around from the Nobles and neither will we." Kanet said as he headed towards the door.

As he emerged into the sunshine, the sounds of yelling Dwarves drifted to him on the wind. At the gates he could see Derek arguing with a man dressed in the fancy robes of a Tax Collector.

"Derek, stand down." He said as he came over. The Decapitator looked as annoyed as Sable and muttered very unpleasant things under his breath as he stalked away.

"That man should be hammered for his insolence." The new arrival said. "As should you all. Killing Dwarves and taking over a fortress is the worst crime possible."

"Excuse me?" Kanet said, wanting to believe his ears were deceiving him but knowing it was not true.

"Yes, we've heard the news in the Mountainhomes." The taxman said, not noticing the furious look overtaking Kanet's face.. "We heard how this place sank into chaos after some of it's so-called "protectors" started slaughtering their fellow Dwarves, starting with their leader."

"Count Imbid and Hammerer Dumed will be responsible for restoring order and punishing every one of your band of traitors." The Dwarven Noble's next words were lost to a terrified scream as Kanet grabbed the front of his robe and dragged him close.

"Traitors? You happen to be addressing Kanet "Fireshield" Whipsystems the Gilded Frost of Equality and Leader of Thunderclan! This place has been through chaos but it it due to the never-ending assaults by Uktang's skeletal allies which robbed 14 brave Dwarves of their lives and led to the deaths of almost every single soul within Flamebanner." Kanet spat at the terrified Dwarf.

"Currently there are 13 of us who survived and I am leading them in the rebuilding of our home. Anyone who threatens this place will be dealt with as though they were an enemy."

"But...The facts were clear!" The Noble stammered.

"What is going on here?" Kanet turned to see a group of Dwarves standing in the gateway, all dressed in the garb of Nobles.

"Count Imbit." Kanet said with a small bow. "I regret to say that your Tax Collector has a very poor view of how Flamebanner currently stands."

"Sibrek." The Count said in a tired voice. "I told you I wanted to hear what any residents had to say before I decided if the rumors were true."

"Well, if they are the same stories this fool has been telling then I can assure you that they are either false or not completely accurate. I would swear it by my honor and my position as Leader of Thunderclan." Kanet said.

"I'm afraid we won't be much help with rebuilding but I'm sure we can find some way to help." Imbit said. "Though I think we should talk once you're through with Sibrek there." A small smile crossed his lips as he waved his people towards the fortress entrance.

Giving the still terrified Tax Collector a final fierce look, Kanet released his robe. The Noble fell into a huddled ball as Kanet headed inside...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have Nobles again. A full batch though STILL no Duke. What is the deal!

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 12, 2010, 09:28:08 am »

I hate nobles

AFAIK Dukes need a Count to arrive at fortresses first

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 12, 2010, 12:31:29 pm »

Just what we needed!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 12, 2010, 06:12:00 pm »

I'm noticing a definete increase in Undead activity. In the last year we've had 4 attacks: the spiral causing siege, another while we were locked down, another soon after we came out and now a 4th has arrived. I love it!!  :D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 12, 2010, 07:09:09 pm »

And a new guest has arrived: The Dragon Zes. What is your opinion on the matter? Shall I send the Warriors out to fight it or should we try to get it into a cage?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 12, 2010, 07:09:49 pm »

Well, we're the last bastion of civilization outside of the Undead and Goblin territories. They feel the need to conquer the world, so they are concentrating on us.

Cage it! Do we have a dungeon master?

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 12, 2010, 07:28:54 pm »

We do indeed. The trick will be luring Zes into the cages without any flaming Dwarves.

Also, we're not quite the last bastion. Theres a few others, including the capital...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 12, 2010, 07:31:45 pm »

Weren't war dragons added at some point?

OOh, I get a pet war dragon! I call it!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 12, 2010, 07:50:14 pm »

Even if they aren't I could add it in...I did for bears and big cats so why not Dragons?

EDIT: Well, that was rather easy. He walked right into the cages...I guess I don't have to lure him now  :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:00:30 pm by thunderclan »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 12, 2010, 09:45:43 pm »

Tame him

And make sure he stays the hell away from your dwarves during combat

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 12, 2010, 11:03:44 pm »

Everybody is coming to the party now, the Goblins are sieging now. I think this may be the best year we've had yet...and it's only fall!

EDIT: Hmm, I'd forgotten how much tougher Goblins are then Undead. I'll get this right eventually!

EDIT: OK, something is definetly wrong here! Goblins simply CAN NOT be this tough. They never have been before, and after a few experiments with the raws I discovered that they can kill us no matter how much size or damblock I give Dwarves...I am stumped.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:42:34 am by thunderclan »

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 13, 2010, 01:49:31 am »

OMG GOBLINS ARE TEH HAXORS

Check your Goblin RAWs again , Perhaps you screwed up there
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106