Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131411 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #1110 on: July 25, 2010, 04:19:08 am »

4th Opal

"Sound the alarm! They've breached the gates!"

As the words left his mouth Tamunshin cleaved through the torso of the lead Goblin. A bloody dance began on the narrow wall, Tamunshin proving himself agile enough to avoid the swings of enemy Axegobs while leaving a growing number of bodies behind him.

The impact of a Wrestler finally broke the Dwarf's rhythm and sent him toppling over the wall and into the midst of a squad of Goblin Axemen who fell upon him furiously.

The Warrior kicked a Goblin in the face and used the stunned creature as leverage to regain his footing and continue the slaughter. Goblins fell, cursing to his axe as blows bounced harmlessly off the brave Dwarf's armor.

At last an Axegob who seemed to be in charge shouted something and those Goblins who were alive and could still move retreated toward the border. The more badly injured lagged behind though and were cut down as they fled. A pair of Wrestlers stumbled into the traps along the Southern border but a few of the invaders managed to get across the border, knowing that the Dwarves would not pursue them any further.

Tamunshin rested his axehead on the ground, surveying the gates as he got his breath back. The trail of bodies led from the gates all the way to the grounds of Mansionbrimmed Manor. The Dwarf shuddered as he realized how close to disaster they had come this night.

As civilians arrived to clean up and Kanet arrived with Argonnek and several of the younger Warriors Tamunshin made his way back to the watchtower, making a mental note to light more torches during the night watch for a while...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24 kills!

And thats with 2 getting captured and probably 5 or 6 escaping. Thats over 30 Goblins! How did I miss that when I was checking for invaders earlier?

The Goblins got farther in then anyone has in a while. I actually think that the last enemy squad to get that close to the fortress proper was Snodub Stophatred, years ago.

The siege is actually over this time. This entry might not be my best work but that battle was quick and its currently 2 AM here.

Enjoy and remember that journal entries for Dwarves are always welcome  :)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 25, 2010, 06:44:40 am »

i would prob Wait for a Mention of my dwarf in the story , but what the hell , i'll write a random Journal Entry out of boredom :

Zu Ende's Journal Entry :

This New World Feels better , Way better , When That Stupid Piece of shit General Einstein Decided to turn me into a dwarf and Push me into His damn Time Machine , i Almost decided to Try and get back to Year 2102 to Kick his Sorry Ass , but it felt better when i Exprienced War in this World , We don't have To Crash Past Seven miles of god damn Bullets just to Blow someone's Shit up or get hit by Bombs and all those Deadly "Troitor" Automatic Percision Bombs or the God damn Mills M-017 Smart bombs that releases Hell over a Wide area In the form of Hundreds of Auto-Guiding Rockets that is capable of blowing a Human into a Gigazillion Pieces in just one rocket , but Somehow i managed To Hide a Self-Recharging Powerfist Attachment and it Mariculously Didn't get lost in the Time-Travel Sequence , but it'll be useless anyway , considering Electric Metal Fists Doesn't help Swords or all that crap and if i am going to kill someone with it , i am going to need to Punch Said someone with god damn Heavy Fists

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 25, 2010, 08:35:57 am »

Can you list who got each of the 24 kills?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 25, 2010, 11:42:11 am »

OK  ;D

Tamunshin: 24 kills

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 25, 2010, 03:40:50 pm »

By the gods!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 25, 2010, 07:22:20 pm »

Wow, after such a small part in all the previous battles, thats just.. WOW.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 26, 2010, 02:36:51 am »

Ze, I'm assuming from that journal entry that you wanted a military Dwarf. If not then tell me soon because we're under siege again.

Also, I really like the entry, I can work with some of those details  ;D

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 26, 2010, 04:09:27 am »

You got it right

i forgot to add in the "Cavalry From the 2102" , as for the powerfist , just say its a Metal Fist that Releases Mild electricity at whoever poor sucker that gets hit by it

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 26, 2010, 12:17:53 pm »

Silly, silly Ze. Did you really think I hadn't figured out what to do with that fist yet?  :D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 27, 2010, 12:13:49 am »

WOW! The Dwarves just don't seem to want to follow orders today.

Also Barbarossa, I think Firetower has lost his mind. He is currently fighting with a shield in each hand a and a larch spear. I'm didn't even think that was possible...The shield thing, not the spear...

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 27, 2010, 12:49:59 am »

More Dwarf Retardness Awesomeness?

also , cookie if you notice a reference to "2102"

Hint : Scramble the Numbers

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 27, 2010, 02:08:16 am »

Yeah, I sent our 3 main squads to face the first 3 enemy squads (the forth is stuck behind the Flaming Wall  ;D) but instead of following those orders half of them decide to drop by the closest battlefield and strip their dead comrades of their stuff and then LEAVE! They don't even bother to fight the guys attacking us, just head back inside.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 27, 2010, 06:30:30 am »

And the Order-following Dwarfs Phailed? , thats what normally happens when i send a force to deal with ambushes/sieges but at least half of them Decide to Wander off and Desert their Comrades , but due to the Kick-Assery of your Dwarfs , i Can Hopefully Say that They Threw The Goblins all over the way from one Side of the World to the Other without any Casulaties

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 27, 2010, 10:19:08 am »

WOW! The Dwarves just don't seem to want to follow orders today.

Also Barbarossa, I think Firetower has lost his mind. He is currently fighting with a shield in each hand a and a larch spear. I'm didn't even think that was possible...The shield thing, not the spear...
That's awesome! Now I just need a better spear!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 27, 2010, 12:42:40 pm »

I've more or less given up on giving you a better spear. You always seem to leave them on the field for some reason...
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 106