Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131673 times)

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #765 on: December 10, 2009, 04:01:25 am »

Turn 'em into bolts! :D
They started to collide~

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 10, 2009, 05:00:00 pm »

Hmmm, an arena perhaps? Undead vs Goblins, or anything left over vs our recruits... with a few military in the wings as a just in case.
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 10, 2009, 05:14:53 pm »

I have been playing with the idea of building an arena...with appropriate amounts of magma deathtraps thrown in  ;D

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 10, 2009, 06:49:48 pm »

11th Felsite

It took little time for the Masons to notice the group moving along the road towards them. The news was passed on and soon Fireheart was at the gates with Newb, Barbarossa and Sir Nil behind him.

It took only a few moments for the arrivals to reach the new walls. As most of the group paused to gaze in wonder at the buildings they could see on the other side of the walls 4 Dwarves came forward.

"This is the fortress of Flamebanner?" Asked 1 of the Dwarves as they halted before Fireheart's group. "It is." Fireheart replied.

"I am Baroness Medtob Ringtemple." Said the Baroness as she stepped forward and gestured to the Dwarves behind her. "My Consort Tekkud Bluntpages, Tax Collector Rith Lancertributes and Hammerer Endok Cloutedslings."

"It seems we were expected." Tekkud said as he joined his wife. "They already have a mansion all built for us."

"Actually that is not yours Baron. That is the home of the Mansionbrimmed family." Fireheart said. "You will have rooms near the Dining Hall but for now you can stay in the temporary quarters with the rest of the immigrants."

"Sleep...in the same room as a bunch of lowborn civilians?" Medtob said, horrified by the very thought.

"Only for a few days until your rooms are mined out. You've traveled with these Dwarves already so a bit more contact won't do anything." Fireheart reassured the Baroness.

"Fine." She said, managing to keep her displeasure from causing a scene.

"Now thats sorted allow me to introcue you to the heads of Flamebanner." Fireheart said with a smile.

"Sir Nil is my Deputy and 1 of our Senior Warriors, Newb is Mayor and Trademaster while Barbarossa is our Head Engraver, Architect and Scribe."

He paused as several fat drops of rain hit the ground. "Why don't we continue our discussions below in my office?" Fireheart said. "Make sure you give your name and profession to Barbarossa before you enter." he continued as he walked back  owardthe fortress with the others following.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flamebanner is now a Barony!

Tax Collector Rith Lancertributes
Hammerer Endok Cloutedslings
Baroness Medtob Ringtemple
Baron Consort Tekkud Bluntpages
Hammerdwarf Catten Netspecial
Bonecarver Dobar Martyrseal
Peasant Mosus Slystandards
Wrestler Kogan Griplances
Armorer Kol Paintstood
Miller Tun Kinglabors
Peasant Rovod Boatsvisions

2 more Warriors to add to our ranks plus an armorer and bonecarver.

Also we now have 103 Dwarves which if the wiki is still correct means that Megabeasts may start showing up.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 10, 2009, 07:53:31 pm »

Peasant Rovod Boatvisions
Odd, considering the sudden rain.

Huzzah for the barony of Flamebanner!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 15, 2009, 02:50:08 am »

Oddly enough we're still labeled as a Town...not a Barony

A new artifact courtesy of our Head Woodworker, Rakust

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 15, 2009, 08:54:28 am »

Oh, come on. Rain, "Boatvisions", floodgates?

It's a sign! The end is nigh!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 15, 2009, 12:16:12 pm »

hmm, maybe Noah was a dwarf... *ponders until his brain explodes*
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 18, 2010, 03:10:13 am »

Bump of the month!
NOT THE BEES!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 13, 2010, 09:10:37 pm »

If anybody is still with me after so long know that I have made my return to the battlefield that is Flamebanner. The fortress lives and will be seeing an update within the next couple hours!!

My first act has been to shuffle every Warrior and Apprentice into new squads so that when we are threatened more Warriors will respond and others can rest without risking lives.

The new rosters are as follows:

The Umbral Shields
Leader: Wok Daleletters, Swordsman
Catten Netspecial, Hammerman
Tamunshin Giltbulwark, Axeman
Speardwarf Dwelledcloister, Spearman
Sir Nil Clinchboot, Hammerman
Vabok Ropeviper, Wrestler
Hawkfrost Hatchetstirred, Axeman

The Perfection of Lancing
Leader: Arzez Swordmartyrs, Swordsman
Kogan Griplances, Spearman
Govos Inklauds, Axeman
Fred "The Femur" Relicreigned, Maceman
Bubbles Townbrush, Maceman
Keshan Keyentrance, Spearman

The Hatchets of Hailing
Leader: Giken Gravebooks, Marksman
Tanak Masam Rackside, Marksman
Mamgoz Bellsflash, Marksman
Sakrith Inkyriddled, Marksman

The Gilded Ones
Leader: Volal Togal Pagebudded, Daggerman
Toltot Shovetour, Spearman
Tharnas Postscaled, Spearman
Tarmid Bluemirrors, Swordsman
Nekik Glenpaddle, Hammerman

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 13, 2010, 09:58:49 pm »

The flame rises from the ashes eh?

'glad your still doing this.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 14, 2010, 12:21:09 am »

26th Felsite, Year 14

As Fireheart chipped away at the wall of the sleeping halls he kept an eye on the new Miners Mosus and Rovod who had never even touched a pick before today. Fireheart gave them what pointers he could but they still managed to destroy a fair bit of usable stone before they finished digging out the new nobles quarter.

As Barbarossa and Dodok moved in to begin smoothing the walls and floors Fireheart headed for his office to approve the work orders for new furnishings. When he arrived though he found a pile of papers from the new nobles sitting on his desk.

Leafing through the papers he got the basic idea of the demands and mandates: The Baroness wanted Bismuth items made while the Tax Collector wanted things made from Bismuth Bronze and the Baroness Consort didn't want even a flake of Bismuth to leave Flamebanner. On top of that the Hammerer had compiled a list of Dwarves who she felt needed hammering for past "crimes".

17th Hematite

The morning sun rose on a gathered crowd of Dwarves in the courtyard. It was time for the new Mayor of Flamebanner to be elected. Votes were carved into scraps of stone and placed in a bag that was then given to Mothwing and Sarek for counting.

The conversations between friends stopped abruptly as Sarek took the stage with Mothwing a few steps behind. "We've tallied the votes." Sarek said "Newb, I'm sorry but you've been voted out. Our new mayor is another founder...Our Leader Fireheart."

Fireheart was quickly buried under a pile of Dwarves congratulating him on the victory. The crowd parted as Newb came forward to congratulate her friend and teasingly remind him that he had a year before the job opened up again.

His reply was lost as the signal horn was sounded. "Traders coming in from the South!" Speardwarf shouted down from the walls. "All right, Lets get our goods out here!" Newb shouted. The crowd quickly flooded into the fortress to bring up the crates from storage.

18th Hematite

The arrival of the Human wagons was interrupted as screams rose from the Western hills. Fireheart was on the walls in an instant with Sir Nil fumbling for his spyglass.

Directing the instrument along the ridge above the hotel Fireheart saw the threat: Goblins were chasing one of the masons down from the stone quarry. Suddenly Sir Nil shoved him to the side as a trio of arrows split the air where they had been standing. Looking higher Fireheart's blood ran cold as he saw at least a half dozen Goblin archers further up in the hills.

"Volal!" Nil shouted as the young Apprentice raced by. "Take your squad and get rid of those archers. And any other Goblins you happen to find." With a nod Volal headed for the gates, calling his squadmates to him.

As Volal led his men along the narrow ledges he pulled out the large dagger he kept on his belt and checked the rest of his weaponry: 4 smaller daggers strapped to his breastplate and a knife in his boot.

As the sound of arrows rattling in a quiver came from nearby Volal signalled to his men to draw their weapons: 2 spears, a sword and a hammer. Before he could give the order to charge Volal was interrupted by a scream from behind and looked back in time to see Toltot fall over with several red-fletched arrows protruding from his chest.

Seeing their comrade fall Nekik and Tharnas turned and fled back the way they had come leaving Volal and Tarmid to fight.

Charging the bowmen Volal was surprised to see pikegobs and swordgobs appearing from the bushes behind the bowmen, wicked grins on their scarred faces.

Tarmid ducked under the swing of a sword and smashed his opponent in the face with his shield. The shield deflected another swing but distracted him from the boot until it smashed into his side and sent him tumbling backwards over the edge. The meeting with the ground included an introduction between his head and a large rock which reduced the Apprentice to uncounciousness.

Witchfiend grinned as he looked down at the Dwarf trapped under his boot. The Goblins had not won a fight against these Dwarves for years but it seemed they were growing weaker. As he raised his pike to deliver the killing blow Volal made his move. Grabbing the knife from his boot he rolled away from the pike, used it to get to his feet and buried his knife in Witchfiend's eye before the bowmen could even nock an arrow.

Despite the pain flowing through him Witchfiend pulled his pike from the ground and advanced only to gasp as a spear pierced his stomach. Knees buckling, the last thing Witchfiend saw was a Dwarf with a spear and arrows sprouting from his chest decimating his bowmen.

Amid the carnage and blood of the dead Goblins Volal approached Toltot and saw a fiery light fade from the spearman's eyes. Staggering slightly he found Volal supporting him as they limped back toward the fortress...

That may be the most impressive fight I've seen in this fortress. Toltot spent most of the fight uncouncious then suddenly woke up, went into a trance and killed 8 Goblins...while having a mangled lung and heart.

I think a few goblins fled though since I'm still getting job cancelations due to goblin interruption. Plus another squad just attack one of Legolord's Henchwomen outside the Western walls.

I'm thinking I'm going to employ a Dwarven tactic once the hills are clear: Flatten the hills down several levels.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 14, 2010, 12:11:28 pm »

Awesome! I can't wait to see if Bubbles will be able to fend off the terror that is Goblin!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 14, 2010, 06:32:48 pm »

Let me put it this way...There is ALOT of blood trails around the fort...and inside the fort...and in the sand pit.

Update will be written up after dinner.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 14, 2010, 07:30:06 pm »

22nd Hematite

"Goblins at the Western walls!" Speardwarf shouted from the tower as he watched one of Legolord's children fleeing into the woods.

"Arzez has been bedridden with a broken sword arm." Sir Nil said as he rounded up Arzez's squad. "Bubbles, you're in charge of this squad now." The young Apprentice's face lit up at this and quickly ran for the gates with his soldiers following.

Bubbles drew his mace as they approached the Goblins, deflecting a bolt off the spiked head. Charging forward he ducked under the swing of a wrestler and swung his mace. He was rewarded with a screech as the iron head shattered the Goblin's shoulder.

As he raised his mace for another swing Fred crashed into him, sending them both to the ground. As Bubbles picked himself up he saw that his left leg was cut up and bleeding heavily from Fred's mace. After trying to rise and falling on his face Bubbles settled for using his weapon as a crutch and limping away from the battlefield.

Govos and Keshan were happily beating a goblin marksman into the ground and failed to notice the wrestler sneaking to safety across the border.

As the victorius Apprentices returned to the Barracks they stopped in the Infirmary to check on Bubbles and found Mothwing bandaging his leg and ordering him to rest. As the Macedwarf limped away with the aid of his squad mates Mothwing turned her attention to Hawkfrost who was still uncouncious after being punched repeatedly in the face by a Wrestler down in the cistern.

Govos and Keshan both got 2 kills at the battle and Bubbles got a mangled left leg.

A baby was killed during the earlier attacks.

I sent Wok's squad into the cistern to kill the Goblins I tossed down there after the prison break. Hawkfrost recieved the full attention of a Goblin Wrestler and walked away with just a lightly injured head.

Wok scored 2 kills, Nil 1, Vabok 1 and Tamunshin 1

Discovered that Govos took a brown neck injury at some point so has joined Vabok in the non-sparring group.

Once I finish with the merchants the partial flattening of the hills will begin
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 01:14:27 pm by thunderclan »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 106