Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 106

Author Topic: Flamebanner: The Battle of Flamebanner!  (Read 131453 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flamebanner: The Time Of Fire Has Come
« Reply #975 on: April 02, 2010, 08:25:56 pm »

Wok will outmatch him, easily, for Wok uses 2 weapons to his 1.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 02, 2010, 09:09:36 pm »

And Firetower will outmatch him via voodoo magic and speardwarfship!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 12:30:19 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 03, 2010, 02:21:05 am »

And speardwarf sill outmatch him via voodoo magic and speardwarfship!

I think you mean Firetower, Speardwarf's new leader name.

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 03, 2010, 10:04:54 am »

Current total.  Not current total and continuing.  that's nuts.  He'd be dead or everyone else would have to be. lol.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 07, 2010, 02:33:06 am »

Of all the possible problems we could have I didn't see that one coming...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

15th Granite

The dining hall of Flamebanner was filled with the sound of Dwarves chatting over a meal or a mug of rum. Work was proceeding well on the various projects around the fortress and not a peep had been hard from the Goblins or Undead.

The joyful atmosphere was broken suddenly by a scream. One of the farming Dwarves was standing by the booze barrels, screaming her head off.

"What is it?" Jillian shouted to be heard over the screams.

"The booze...Its gone..." The Dwarf stammered. "Its never been gone before."

"Calm yourself." Jillian said. "Skid just hasn't brought any more down from the storerooms yet. I'll go myself and see whats keeping her."

As Jillian reached the landing of the workshop and storage level she heard a series of crashes coming from the Craftdwarves Workshop. Pushing open the door she saw the Master Chef and Brewmaster of Flamebanner sweeping tools off the workbenches and furiously drawing pictures of quarries, forests and a number of other things.

Backing out of the workshop she left the moody Dwarf to her drawing and headed for the storeroom.

Her eyes widened as she turned and ran to Firetower's office...

The Leader of Flamebanner and several others stared in horror at the storeroom. Empty floor stretched across the room, broken only by a few barrels.

"Newb...Send the Bookkeeper to my office." Firetower said as he turned away...

Firetower was staring at the papers piled on his desk when Newb arrived with a nervous looking Dwarf behind her.

"This is our Bookkeeper?" Firetower asked.

"Not quite." Newb replied. "Fireheart was our Bookkeeper and since his death Zasit here has been trying to keep things counted but without training the books have become useless."

"And nobody knows when Skid vanished into the Workshop and shes still in there." Firetower said, turning to Zasit. "What do we have left?"

"About a half dozen barrels of fish and turtles. Theres not a drop of booze left in the fortress either." Zasit answered, consulting a tablet produced from his pocket.

"Get the farm running again. That should sort this out." Firetower commanded.

"Um...We...Can't." Zasit slowly replied. "We're out of seeds as well."

"Newb, start rationing what we have left and make sure the well is still working. I hate to say it but we're going to be drinking water for a while."

All three Dwarves shuddered at the very thought of drinking that tasteless, unintoxicating stuff...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, somehow we managed to run out of booze and nearly run out of food. Our Chef/Brewer is likely to go nuts since she apparently wants stuff we don't have.

This could be interesting.

EDIT: I almost forgot, Mothwing was voted the new Mayor.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 07, 2010, 08:06:25 am »

Well, that's new. Hopefully some of the food is plant-based, so the seeds can be retrieved and planted. Otherwise, we're gonna need a caravan.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 07, 2010, 05:50:36 pm »

Only a single loss so far and they weren't even hungry when they died.

26th Granite

Mothwing was busily checking her patients when Firetower and Jillian walked in. "How are the wounded?" Speardwarf asked. "I'm doing all I can but they'll die without food." Mothwing replied. "Wok is already weakening and the others won't be far behind."

"Aside from a few scrawny fish the storeroom is empty." Newb said sadly. "I think we may have to face facts: We can't feed over 100 Dwarves on fish alone."

"Who would have thought it would come to this?" Mothwing said. "We've held off the Goblins, Undead and all their allies for years and now its looking more and more like starvation will be what destroys us..."

The demon Uktang, ruler of Goblins gazed down from his throne as his minions feasted. Skeletal guards watched over their masters, protecting them from any Goblin treachery.

As more food and drink were brought out by prisoners forced into servitude one of the cloaked figures left his guards and ascended to stand before Uktang. "We have struck a great blow to the Dwarves." The figure rasped as he bowed before the demon.

"The spell we used to empty the Dwarves stores claimed a few of our lesser sorcerers but the sacrifice is small compared to the advantage we have gained. By the time our forces reach that miserable fortress the inhabitants will be too weakened by hunger to put up any real resistance, their legendary Warriors will be dead and dying and our soldiers will lay waste to the territory..."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice that I was able to turn the food problem into a piece of story.  ;D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 07, 2010, 09:07:21 pm »

If need be, the strong should eat the weak. It's the dwarven way.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 07, 2010, 10:09:20 pm »

30th Granite

"We've lost a Miner after he suffocated and the other three members of the Mining Team are still unconcious. I think the lack of booze is clouding their judgement. Thats the only reason experienced Dwarves could cause two cave-ins in a row." Mothwing said as Kanet looked over the remaining Miners.

"The good news is that they succeeded in mining out a trio of rooms open to the surface, Legolord and the Masons are putting the glass roofing on now and Jillian's team is busy planting the seeds we found." Kanet replied.

"We have space set up in the Underground Greenhouses for Prickle Berries, Fisher Berries and Wild Strawberries so far. With the fish Morul is catching we might just survive until the supply caravan arrives in Fall."

"Plus we discovered a couple of Plump Helmet seeds in a bag at the back of the storeroom so the main farm is working as well. We'll still need someone to oversee the cooking and brewing though since I doubt Skid is going to survive." Mothwing added...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not really sure where the Plump Helmet seeds came from since before I sent the foragers out the status screen was showing 0 in the seeds section. Guess we got lucky and someone was eating a Plump Helmet.  :)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 07, 2010, 10:22:03 pm »

Phew, that was close. Barbarossa could use a new skill, if you need a new manager.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 07, 2010, 11:10:40 pm »

Hey, we're not safe yet. We have things growing but it won't be enough to keep over 100 Dwarves going until a few harvests come in. Plus we have to have enough extra to brew booze as well.

Took forever to find a spot to put the greenhouses that wouldn't cause problems so they better pay off.

I may just add City Manager to Barbarossa's duties...

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 16, 2010, 02:51:35 am »

14th Slate

Kanet was just coming back from a patrol with Argonnek and Bubbles when he spotted Akhier carrying a body over his shoulder.

"What happened?" The Deputy asked, hand on his axe handle.

"I'm guessing that this guy was supposed to be our new Dungeon Master." Akhier replied. "He may have a way with the more exotic creatures but it looks like the wolves got him."

"Find him a place in the tombs then report it to Firetower." Kanet said, heading inside with his patrol behind him.

21st Slate

The door to the workshop nearly broke off its hinges as Skid smashed it open with a terrible cry. Everyone nearby took one look at her deranged face and fled in all directions as the Master Chef smacked a cat into a wall on her way to the stairs.

Her descent turned into a fall, depositing the dazed Dwarf on the floor of the Bedroom level next to her severed right leg.

Kogan, Bubbles and Arzez were surrounding her and a blow from Kogan's weapon ended the rampage of Skid. Though saddened by the loss of such a fine Chef and Brewer the Warriors were glad they could defend their home from even a Dwarven threat.
Skid is dead, Dungeon Master Fath is dead, Barbarossa is City Manager, Food Supplies are on the rise...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:25:07 pm by thunderclan »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 16, 2010, 06:14:19 pm »

Are our mighty warriors (me) well fed? The last thing we need is a bunch of hungry dwarves with weapons.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 16, 2010, 07:25:05 pm »

So far everybody is still fed...at some point. A few Apprentices are complaining about hunger and the everyone is starting to be upset by the lack of booze but for the moment things are stable.

I'm trying for at least a 1000 before I start Brewing booze again and so far we're only at 400. Got the barrels ready though  ;D

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 16, 2010, 07:28:23 pm »

Derek wonders if he got that artifact from some time ago.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 106